ZMF Eikon vs Ether C Flow sound?
Apr 8, 2021 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

shofilm

100+ Head-Fier
Hello. Can someone that has had both the Ether c flow by mrspeakers and ZMF Eikon give me a sound comparison between the two?

I know the Ethers C are way more comfortable and arguably better built quality, but I just want to focus on the sound please.

Quick background: I have had the Ether C flow but it felt too "flat" and lacking in dynamic punch. It made it feel kinda boring. I was hoping the ZMF Eikon has more punch and sub-bass and greater dynamic punch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bass head at all. I prefer flat sound signature but I also want it to be a little "fun" with dynamic punch.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Eikon are relatively neutral with a small boost in sub-bas and lower treble. They're neutral, but tend to lean to the more organic, natural sound and by neutral I mean that they are simply balanced across all frequencies, with none in particular being boosted or accentuated over other. I've found Ether C Flow rather boring, while Eikon's truly stole my heart and I'm actually waiting for my pair which should arrive in around 2 months now :)

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Hello. Can someone that has had both the Ether c flow by mrspeakers and ZMF Eikon give me a sound comparison between the two?

I know the Ethers C are way more comfortable and arguably better built quality, but I just want to focus on the sound please.

Quick background: I have had the Ether C flow but it felt too "flat" and lacking in dynamic punch. It made it feel kinda boring. I was hoping the ZMF Eikon has more punch and sub-bass and greater dynamic punch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bass head at all. I prefer flat sound signature but I also want it to be a little "fun" with dynamic punch.
Sorry I don’t think ZMF headphones have a build problem at all my Verites are as solid as they come. My Ether-C’s are built nicely as well but don’t think either is more than the other please tell me where you heard ZMF’s were not built well as I’m sure my friend Zach would like to know that as well. I have not heard of build quality issues but don’t follow everything so please let us know. Comfort yes I would probably pick the Ethers as they are much lighter and do love my original Ether-C pads but the Verites are not uncomfortable at all (Eikons are going to be close to the same) . The Eikons as said by other poster are fairly neutral and don’t think the Ethers are too far away. While boring is also subjective a bit hard to say I think the Ether -C’s from my Amps and Sound Kenzie are fantastic as well as the Eikons when I heard them from it. When you say dynamic punch a dynamic headphone is going to give you that more than a planar for sure if that is what you want.

Apr 8, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Sorry I don’t think ZMF headphones have a build problem at all my Verites are as solid as they come. My Ether-C’s are built nicely as well but don’t think either is more than the other please tell me where you heard ZMF’s were not built well as I’m sure my friend Zach would like to know that as well. I have not heard of build quality issues but don’t follow everything so please let us know. Comfort yes I would probably pick the Ethers as they are much lighter and do love my original Ether-C pads but the Verites are not uncomfortable at all (Eikons are going to be close to the same) . The Eikons as said by other poster are fairly neutral and don’t think the Ethers are too far away. While boring is also subjective a bit hard to say I think the Ether -C’s from my Amps and Sound Kenzie are fantastic as well as the Eikons when I heard them from it. When you say dynamic punch a dynamic headphone is going to give you that more than a planar for sure if that is what you want.
I didn't want to get in the built and comfort but thanks for explaining anyways.

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 5

Hi whatever you said about the Ether C flow is true but in comparison with Eikon, the Ether C flow is more focused, analytical and more detailed in terms of clarity with image precision. Just lacking that tonality where most people talk about. The Eikon while linear, it has that downslope curve we are talking about... that engaging warm sound that lend it self to vocals and instruments such as acoustic guitars, that timebre as the string being plucked. There is more sub bass and punch slam but lacking that planar low end we are talking about that linear 20khz bass response planar normally associated. Similar sonic signature with one dynamic and one plannar. Which one sounds better ? Ether C flow in terms of sonic performance but my preference would probably be Eikon due to that sub bass and overall natural tonality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back