ZMF Caldera - New Planar Magnetic from ZMF!
Dec 1, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #2,101 of 7,061
I think where you're hearing here, is that you're speaking without subjectivity. I know there are many that try to make audio into a subjective or objective arena, but for everyone the experience lies somewhere in the middle as to what we each personally enjoy.

I personally own the Susvara and think it's a wonderful headphone, and suits different moods than any of the stuff I've created. (edit: just as does the other headphones you've mentioned) It's fantastic.

Appreciate that you've tried ZMFs and found they weren't for you, hopefully you'll get to try the Caldera at some point and I hope you enjoy it. If not, I appreciate it either way!
Frankly, if Caldera comes within 90% of Susvara's resolution & timbre (which early reports imply it does!) BUT can be run without the aid of a nuclear reactor to drive it then ZMF is winning ALL DAY LONG. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can't wait to hear for myself. :D

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #2,102 of 7,061
Frankly, if Caldera comes within 90% of Susvara's resolution & timbre (which early reports imply it does!) BUT can be run without the aid of a nuclear reactor to drive it then ZMF is winning ALL DAY LONG. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can't wait to hear for myself.
Did someone say "nuclear reactor"?

20220207_121108.jpg

Dec 1, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #2,103 of 7,061

Yeah, I think you're good to go there. As @robo24 reported earlier, Caldera runs on geothermal energy.

Dec 1, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #2,106 of 7,061
Dec 2, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #2,115 of 7,061
anyone in here tried the caldera out of the headphone output from the RME ADI-2? Thinking of grabbing the caldera in the future and buying a solid state amp to go with it after wards but I was wondering if the RME ADI-2 is capable of driving it in the meanwhile to some degree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back