ZMF Caldera - New Planar Magnetic from ZMF!
Sep 11, 2022 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7,056

ScornDefeat

500+ Head-Fier
Just saw an announcement for a very exciting upcoming new headphone launch, from the beloved ZMF Headphones; the Caldera, ZMF's first original foray into a Planar Magnetic driven headphone!

Very excited to find out more details for this November-slated release, particularly details on the driver itself.

FB_IMG_1662919844183.jpg

Sep 11, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 7,056
There's more info coming in the head fi canjam video this week. So make sure to watch that! I will continuously release info and content up to the release in November.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 11, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 7,056
Ok, fine, I’ll just let ZMF hold onto my credit card permanently. Thinking further, really I should just give the account info for my home equity line and investment accounts too!
Exciting and surprising. Thrilled to hopefully get a listen next weekend. Living below a caldera, I 100% approve of the name!

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 7,056
There's more info coming in the head fi canjam video this week. So make sure to watch that! I will continuously release info and content up to the release in November.

I imagine I'm speaking for most of us here, but we are very excited to hear more details on this and will be (not so) patiently awaiting the CanJam video.

I'm already doing all sorts of speculation in my mind on how this will be regarding sound signature!

Sep 11, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 7,056
Super excited about this. I’m hoping this is the sub $1000 headphone that Zach has been trying to make but something tells me this’ll be a flagship.

Sep 11, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 7,056
I imagine I'm speaking for most of us here, but we are very excited to hear more details on this and will be (not so) patiently awaiting the CanJam video.

I'm already doing all sorts of speculation in my mind on how this will be regarding sound signature!
I’m hoping the sound sig is an LCD2 Pre-Fazor with better technicalities.

Sep 11, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #9 of 7,056
Does it use the same perforated pads as the open ZMFs (VO, Atrium)?

Sep 11, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #10 of 7,056
Wonder if this is flagship and I wonder the price?

Sep 11, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #11 of 7,056
For sure, given the carbon fiber frame... I think a more "basic" version would have had it in plastic / resin...

Sep 11, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #12 of 7,056
Lets see if this can compete with susvara and tc ! I been waiting for a ZMF flagship planar for a long time!

Sep 11, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #14 of 7,056
I surmise the price will be the same as Verite and Atrium, which I think will make sense and also make this a very intriguing and competitive offering.

The concept behind having a three-headed dragon of flagships, so to speak, ensures none of them are devalued in the process of the new release. Would be smart work.

Sep 11, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #15 of 7,056
For sure, given the carbon fiber frame... I think a more "basic" version would have had it in plastic / resin...
Where did you see anything about a carbon fiber frame? Nevermind. I see what you are talking about. Excuse me I just woke up from night shift! Lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back