ZMF Auteur Thread
Nov 8, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #5,477 of 8,282
How long does it take for a pair of headphones to be made?
sandlot-forever.gif

Well, that's what the 12 weeks I waited for my Auteur felt like :p To be fair the build time was projected at 8-12 weeks so I can't complain.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #5,479 of 8,282
How long does it take for a pair of headphones to be made?
Just tell yourself 12 weeks and if they arrive sooner then awesome! That's what I have done, not that it stopped me from obsessing all those weeks, lol.

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #5,480 of 8,282
I got my auteurs from last years zmf november as a b stock. They arrived a day after christmas, which was not bad at all. I'm sure its often dependent on other factors. I remember getting a bit fussy when the shipping was delayed for weather.

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #5,481 of 8,282
Anyone who recently purchased an Auteur or the new bop filter for an auteur, can you plz tell me if the smooth and black/dark side or the rough and silver side faces up?

I just received my bop filters from zach but im not sure which side faces up/down. I also would like to know if it matters at all?

Thank you

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #5,482 of 8,282
Anyone who recently purchased an Auteur or the new bop filter for an auteur, can you plz tell me if the smooth and black/dark side or the rough and silver side faces up?

I just received my bop filters from zach but im not sure which side faces up/down. I also would like to know if it matters at all?

Thank you
From the pictures on the ZMF site it looks like the rough silver side faces up. I got some myself as well, but haven’t installed them yet. Side question: do they seem cut a little to small to you or anyone else?

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #5,483 of 8,282

Thank you
Mine are silver side up, took delivery of my Auteur this summer.

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #5,484 of 8,282
From the pictures on the ZMF site it looks like the rough silver side faces up. I got some myself as well, but haven’t installed them yet. Side question: do they seem cut a little to small to you or anyone else?
yes a little too small on my end as well

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #5,485 of 8,282

Thank you
I have installed them over a month ago, the rough and silver side faces up and the smooth and black/dark side faces down.

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #5,486 of 8,282
I have installed them over a month ago, the rough and silver side faces up and the smooth and black/dark side faces down.
did yours come cut a little small or perfect size?

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #5,488 of 8,282
They may look a bit of small, but they fit perfectly.
That's good to know! I reached out to ZMF about it, since the perforated mesh ones for the Aeolus are a perfect fit. Waiting to see what they say, but maybe I'll try installing them anyway.

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #5,489 of 8,282
I just got a used Auteur, and all this talk about bop filters has me wondering why so many of you have replaced them. Did Zach release an improved version, or was there something wrong with all of your original bop filters?

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #5,490 of 8,282
I just got a used Auteur, and all this talk about bop filters has me wondering why so many of you have replaced them. Did Zach release an improved version, or was there something wrong with all of your original bop filters?
For me, the original filters were slightly thicker and the edges get rough with some zagged edges getting caught during pad swap. Thats the only reason i bought new ones from zach. As far as sound improvement, i cant tell any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back