ZMF Auteur Thread
May 18, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #4,936 of 8,274
Zach indicated a LTD Auteur would be forthcoming in a month or two (as of early April). They needed to catch up on some production before releasing the new Auteur LTD (which now I am assume was the Stabilized releases).

TBH, the Ambrosia Maple doesn't do it for me. Beetles and fungus.....

May 19, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #4,938 of 8,274
Just curious
Any body using a silver cable on Vo or Auteur?
Would love feedback before buying
Yes. I use Arctic Cables Palladium Series (palladium-coated silver) with 1/4” TRS and with 4-pin XLR termination for the ZMF Auteur. I hear a real synergy between h/p and cable. Voices, transients, ambience come through with immense clarity and realism.

May 19, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #4,939 of 8,274
Norne Silvergarde is another option at a lesser cost, i am very pleased with mine.

May 19, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #4,940 of 8,274
Zach indicated a LTD Auteur would be forthcoming in a month or two (as of early April). They needed to catch up on some production before releasing the new Auteur LTD (which now I am assume was the Stabilized releases).

TBH, the Ambrosia Maple doesn't do it for me. Beetles and fungus.....
Some look interesting, but some look burnt or infested... I'm keen to see what he releases as the new wood. I wonder if it will be Olive or something he's already using in other phones

May 19, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #4,941 of 8,274
Some look interesting, but some look burnt or infested... I'm keen to see what he releases as the new wood. I wonder if it will be Olive or something he's already using in other phones
Actually I was told the auteur ltd was coming out in a mth or so back in March and given the last bath of stabilised wood were sold they should be releasing it soon. I couldn’t wait and went for the ambrosia maple tho with steel rods. Part of the excitement is you don’t know exactly what you are getting I should be getting mine this week or next.

May 19, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #4,942 of 8,274
Actually I was told the auteur ltd was coming out in a mth or so back in March and given the last bath of stabilised wood were sold they should be releasing it soon. I couldn’t wait and went for the ambrosia maple tho with steel rods. Part of the excitement is you don’t know exactly what you are getting I should be getting mine this week or next.
Congratulations! How would you compare the difference in sound between your VC versus the Auteurs? Would like to get the VC someday to compliment my Auteurs.

May 19, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #4,943 of 8,274

I also ordered mine in March but through Zeppelin & Co. since i wouldn't get taxed. ETA they told me is end of this month, but i highly doubt it judging by others here who ordered directly but estimated a 3 month delivery period.
I would have ordered directly from Zach if they had some LTD dark wood, but the only LTD they had were B-stock Wenge and couldn't give an estimate on the next LTD batch either.

May 20, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #4,944 of 8,274
Hi guys, new Auteur owner here. Got them from a guy on eBay. They are beautiful, an althought the guy says they aren't B stock, there are some differences between the cups and some very small imperfections in one cup so I just emailed ZMF with the serial number to see if they can help me.

Still too early but really like the sound so far.
Currently running them on my Asgard 3 but Im looking to get some upgrade.
Any recommendations for solid state or tube amps to pair with the Auteur under 800€?
Thanks.

Here are some pics.
IMG_20210520_133144.jpg

IMG_20210520_120454.jpg

IMG_20210520_115958.jpg

May 20, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #4,947 of 8,274
Hi guys, new Auteur owner here. Got them from a guy on eBay. They are beautiful, an althought the guy says they aren't B stock, there are some differences between the cups and some very small imperfections in one cup so I just emailed ZMF with the serial number to see if they can help me.

Any recommendations for solid state or tube amps to pair with the Auteur under 800€?
Thanks.

Here are some pics.

Feliks Echo
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
Glen OTL

Those seem to be the best value at that price, I've personally only heard them with the Echo of those and loved the pairing.

May 20, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #4,949 of 8,274

Thanks.

Here are some pics.
IMG_20210520_133144.jpg

IMG_20210520_120454.jpg

IMG_20210520_115958.jpg
Beautiful set. 11/10 would buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back