1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Auteur Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by PacoTaco, Oct 15, 2017.
First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last
  1. heliosphann
    @zach915m How do the Ambrosia Maple's sound compared to the Teaks?

2. wingsounds13
    WOW! More beautiful Auteurs. I can't afford another set - heck, I couldn't afford the pair that I have (thanks again, Zach). Could I just buy a set of finished cups? :D Maybe change them out myself once a year or so. :O

J.P.

3. nazrin313
    IMG_20190323_114106.jpg

Listening to Tsuyoshi Yamamoto's Midnight Sugar with the Auteurs is wonderful. Sooo many magical soul tingling moments. Absolutely jaw dropping.

jinxy245, koven, gibsonsg87 and 2 others like this.
  4. BananaOoyoo
    I like the pairing... but I don't exactly have a lot of sources to make comparisons against.

Yup

5. EDWARIS
    DCAC3510-EE0B-49E7-9C1C-1A570A178C04.jpeg
    I listen Auteur Blackwood with Eddie Current Balancing Act. not 300b right now, it is px4, but going to buy new we 300b and hope it would be a great combo. right now it is also amazing sound)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  6. EDWARIS
    the only problem with my Auteur - as you can see at the picture - one wooden cup is broken and I don’t know how to buy replacement or how to fix it. but the headphones are superb, like them very much. recently sold lcd-4, ether flow, utopias and some other ones - but still keep them.

Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  7. yates7592
    Ooh dear I hope you can get the wood repaired. Just wondering what made you keep Auteur over LCD-4?

8. EDWARIS
    I loved lcd4 very much and bought it 2 times. wonderful sound. but first time I sold them because they were very inconvenient and I couldn’t listen them more than 30-40 minutes in arm chair and even less at the desk. second time I sold them because they weren’t good pair with my previous amp.

9. EDWARIS
    now I want to try empyrean and ether 2 - they should not only have great sound, but also should be comfortable and great looking, it is very important factors for me also.

actually about 300b. I am now thinking about which 300b to buy. old WE is too expensive for me, so I am choosing between Takatsuki and new WE, which is announced now. what you could recommend for this amp?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  10. Wildcatsare1
    Similar experience, I’ve kept the Autuer and Vérité, selling both the Utopia and OG Abyss 1266. The former have a musicality that wins every time. Though it also points to how incredibly subjective our hobby is, go figure.

jinxy245 likes this.
  11. Wildcatsare1
    I haven’t tried the WE or Takati yet, but the mid tier 300b’s that are very good are TJ Fullmusic, and EML variants.

12. Monsterzero
    Damn! I'd lose my mind if I got even a small scratch on mine,let alone broken. If I may ask,how'd you break the cup? Asking for scientific reasons.

13. Wildcatsare1
    Monster asks with terror in his voice :triportsad:

Monsterzero likes this.
  14. LCMusicLover
    You seem to be traveling nearly the same road as me. I currently own: Blackwood Auteur, Utopia, Ether Flow, Ether 2, Empyrean, HEKv2. I’ve never heard LCD4.

E2/Empyrean comparison is actually very interesting. Spare vs lush. I do find them both very comfortable, and both have great headstage. I like both, although with different amps. Empyrean seems too wet w/ LP, better with Bryston SS, while I prefer E2 w/ LP.

Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  15. EDWARIS
    I don’t really remember. it just happened some time ago and last month I listen them as it is. not worry much about such things, it doesn’t affect sound much, but I would prefer to fix it. wrote to Zach, but he didn’t answer.

First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last