ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
May 10, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #692 of 6,112
Beautiful!
I have been checking out their site.
I have a couple of questions for u if you don’t mind:
Which Viking cable is that?
How long did it take to receive, once ordered?
And what did you end up paying
I am thinking about ordering one.
Thank you! This one is the Raido cable which is one step above their base cable. It took about 2 weeks for them to make this and they just shipped it out today. The base price is 150 euros for the Raido and then there are a whole heap of upgrades you can get if you want. The only upgrade I opted for was the furutech connectors since they are widely regarded as the best ones but, for my 1st Viking weave, I got the standard rean connectors from Neutrik and they work just fine

May 10, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #693 of 6,112
So... Feliks Echo MK 2... yea... uhm... soooo goood!

Just got it in today. I know this needs more hours to burn in... but I let it warm up for 15 minutes. I first threw on my Sennheiser 560 headphones just to test to make sure everything is gtg. Started up some music and the first thing I thought was happening is that I had my nearfield speakers on. Took off the headphone and had that "woah" moment. Thought yea... this is really good. I don't think I really experienced what a tube amp can do. All I can say is I am a fan. I am now enjoying them with the Atrium and yea... I am hearing a much richer and fuller sound. Also a larger sound stage as well. While it was ok listening to the Atrium through the Burson Soloist 3X GT... this experience is on another level. A better one. One that I am looking forward to trying with many of my other dynamic headphones too. Anyway... I will report back when I have had more time... but for first impressions.. this is what my Atrium was missing.

May 10, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #695 of 6,112
May 10, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #696 of 6,112
Thank you! This one is the Raido cable which is one step above their base cable. It took about 2 weeks for them to make this and they just shipped it out today. The base price is 150 euros for the Raido and then there are a whole heap of upgrades you can get if you want. The only upgrade I opted for was the furutech connectors since they are widely regarded as the best ones but, for my 1st Viking weave, I got the standard rean connectors from Neutrik and they work just fine
Good choice going with the Furutech connectors- I am going to do the same.
Thanks for the info.
I will be ordering a Viking Weave (sounds like something balding Vikings get) within the next week or so.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #697 of 6,112
Just got shipment notification of my Koa Atrium :)
Don't be shy to share your pictures when they arrive. We want to drool over the KOA wood and see how it will turn out.
A good set with steel grills might push me over the edge....of no return.

May 10, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #698 of 6,112
Don't be shy to share your pictures when they arrive. We want to drool over the KOA wood and see how it will turn out.
A good set with steel grills might push me over the edge....of no return.

But what if they run out of Koa by the time you get visual evidence of that? It will forever be the one that got away...

May 10, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #700 of 6,112
The first Koa shipment! Getting me excited to get mine although I haven’t received any emails since the “wood selected” one

May 10, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #701 of 6,112
But what if they run out of Koa by the time you get visual evidence of that? It will forever be the one that got away...
Well foremost I want a soft wood for my Atrium to fit it's open nature and for a good contrast to my mostly dense wood ZMFs haha.

The pictures on the website didn't really match my taste. KOA seem to vary very much in appearance. The light color and figured wood shown for the VC looks amazing. But for the Atriums the pictures are much more reddish and less figured.
I also know someone that got a reddish looking KOA VC ...he was not happy because his set was so different from the advertised pictures on the website.

If I pull the trigger too late then I will wait for the next nice limited run that I fancy. In the meanwhile I might try to get to listen a loaner instead of buying blind 😎

The first Koa shipment! Getting me excited to get mine although I haven’t received any emails since the “wood selected” one
Sometimes Zach doesn't send out progress emails...you will be surprised by an unexpected shipment email.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #702 of 6,112
Well foremost I want a soft wood for my Atrium to fit it's open nature and for a good contrast to my mostly dense wood ZMFs haha.

The pictures on the website didn't really match my taste. KOA seem to vary very much in appearance. The light color and figured wood shown for the VC looks amazing. But for the Atriums the pictures are much more reddish and less figured.
I also know someone that got a reddish looking KOA VC ...he was not happy because his set was so different from the advertised pictures on the website.

If I pull the trigger too late then I will wait for the next nice limited run that I fancy. In the meanwhile I might try to get to listen a loaner instead of buying blind 😎

Sometimes Zach doesn't send out progress emails...you will be surprised by an unexpected shipment email.
My understanding is that Atrium is so open that the hardness of the wood will have very little effect on the sound, if any. I would definitely go with whatever looks the best to you. I know Zach already said that there is going to be a run of stabilized headphones this summer. I'm sure they will get working on it once their current backlog gets cleared up.

May 10, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #703 of 6,112
so I went on ZMF's website and don't see the Pendant on sale anymore. Wondering if I should wait because something else is coming or what other recommendation would be a good fit for my Atrium (and VC) in the $2-3K range. I have past experience with the Woo Audio WA22 but am looking for something more tubey I guess.. maybe OTL?

May 10, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #704 of 6,112
so I went on ZMF's website and don't see the Pendant on sale anymore. Wondering if I should wait because something else is coming or what other recommendation would be a good fit for my Atrium (and VC) in the $2-3K range. I have past experience with the Woo Audio WA22 but am looking for something more tubey I guess.. maybe OTL?
You'd have to ask @zach915m about this one.

May 10, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #705 of 6,112
So... Feliks Echo MK 2... yea... uhm... soooo goood!

Just got it in today. I know this needs more hours to burn in... but I let it warm up for 15 minutes. I first threw on my Sennheiser 560 headphones just to test to make sure everything is gtg. Started up some music and the first thing I thought was happening is that I had my nearfield speakers on. Took off the headphone and had that "woah" moment. Thought yea... this is really good. I don't think I really experienced what a tube amp can do. All I can say is I am a fan. I am now enjoying them with the Atrium and yea... I am hearing a much richer and fuller sound. Also a larger sound stage as well. While it was ok listening to the Atrium through the Burson Soloist 3X GT... this experience is on another level. A better one. One that I am looking forward to trying with many of my other dynamic headphones too. Anyway... I will report back when I have had more time... but for first impressions.. this is what my Atrium was missing.

Tube amps are like magic with all Sennheiser and ZMF headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back