ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 28, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #481 of 6,118
I can't believe someone gave them up that quickly!
I would say he probably didn't like the sound pre burn in but he says they had 100 hours of burn in so maybe bad amplification? i dunno

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #484 of 6,118
Apr 28, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #485 of 6,118
Yes, he said they were too heavy for his head, even with the magnesium chassis. He says he wants to purchase a lighter pair of Atriums.
Works for me…
Beautiful wood grain on that pair of Bubinga to boot.

I find my aged cherry to be very comfy, but what do I know, my other pair are 700g Blackwood VC's 😂

Apr 28, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #486 of 6,118
Beautiful wood grain on that pair of Bubinga to boot.

I find my aged cherry to be very comfy, but what do I know, my other pair are 700g Blackwood VC's 😂
And I own a pair of Heddphone that weigh 718 grams… 🙈 so the Bubinga’s won’t be a problem for me.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #487 of 6,118
It has been an amazing day! At 3:30 pm I was alerted by @ytsejammer (thank you!) that an Atrium in Bubinga was for sale on Canuck Audio Mart in my home city of Vancouver!?! What are the chances?
I posted a wanted ad for a bubinga Atrium in the Head fi classifieds over a week ago. I received a few replies, basically saying good luck, people just received theirs and there is only 40 pairs, etc.
I emailed the seller immediately. Fast forward 3.5 hours and I met up the gentleman selling the atriums and purchased this beautiful pair…
Bonus, being in Canada, that I was able to avoid customs, taxes, etc of over $550 cdn. They even have 100 hour of burn in so far.

Truly thanking my lucky stars tonight.

More pics and impressions to come..
But so far… electric guitar and the imaging… Wow!

congrats man... saw the ad for when it was first posted on cam

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #490 of 6,118
It has been an amazing day! At 3:30 pm I was alerted by @ytsejammer (thank you!) that an Atrium in Bubinga was for sale on Canuck Audio Mart in my home city of Vancouver!?! What are the chances?
I posted a wanted ad for a bubinga Atrium in the Head fi classifieds over a week ago. I received a few replies, basically saying good luck, people just received theirs and there is only 40 pairs, etc.
I emailed the seller immediately. Fast forward 3.5 hours and I met up the gentleman selling the atriums and purchased this beautiful pair…
Bonus, being in Canada, that I was able to avoid customs, taxes, etc of over $550 cdn. They even have 100 hour of burn in so far.

Truly thanking my lucky stars tonight.

More pics and impressions to come..
But so far… electric guitar and the imaging… Wow!
That is definitely luck on the once in a lifetime level! Glad you found a pair and they are beautiful BTW!

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #491 of 6,118
Wondering if anyone had tried the atrium with be2 full suede perforated pads?
I was thinking about trying this. I'm a big fan of the be2 on VC and VO. I've also heard that the VC is best with suede Eikon pads(I think, may have that mixed up). I've never tried any of the suede, only hybrid. For some reason suede seems to feel hotter or hold more heat to me.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #492 of 6,118
Are there any new changes to the order notification system this year? I was there for the spreadsheet era with my Aeolus and with my Verite and Auteur I was notified by e-mail as the headphone moved through the different stages. Is that still the case in 2022 or do orders just ship when ready without prior updates on progress?

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #493 of 6,118
I was thinking about trying this. I'm a big fan of the be2 on VC and VO. I've also heard that the VC is best with suede Eikon pads(I think, may have that mixed up). I've never tried any of the suede, only hybrid. For some reason suede seems to feel hotter or hold more heat to me.
I have be2 suede and full lamb on vc and I feel like the suede kinda takes a tiny bit of bass away and adds clarity. I haven’t noticed the heat thing but you could be right. I think the suede holds on my ear better the lamb wants to fall off.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #494 of 6,118
Are there any new changes to the order notification system this year? I was there for the spreadsheet era with my Aeolus and with my Verite and Auteur I was notified by e-mail as the headphone moved through the different stages. Is that still the case in 2022 or do orders just ship when ready without prior updates on progress?
I emailed ZMF to ask this very question just yesterday. A team member informed me that they will be sending updates for the different stages. How many updates? I have no idea. But fingers crossed some updates will be going out soon.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #495 of 6,118
I emailed ZMF to ask this very question just yesterday. A team member informed me that they will be sending updates for the different stages. How many updates? I have no idea. But fingers crossed some updates will be going out soon.
For what it's worth, I only got an email confirming my order, and another when it shipped. No status emails :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back