ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Jun 27, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #1,381 of 6,166
Jun 27, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,382 of 6,166
The Glenn OTL has a more romantic sound compared to the Euforia. Instruments hold more weight, images aren't as sharp as other amps (fuzzy around the edges), mid bass hits harder, and has a big sound stage (side/side and front/back). Tubes really change the sound of the GOTL.

The Euforia has a more solid state like presentation. Sharper outline, faster, with more extension. The amp is clearer and you don't have background noise (if this bothers you) compared to the GOTL. It's all about synergy really. I wouldn't pair the HD650 with the GOTL but that headphone sounds amazing on the Euforia. I would definitely pair ZMF Auteurs with the GOTL but think it's ok with the Euforia.

On the other hand, I would pair the Verite Open, Auteurs, and HD650 with the ZMF Pendant any day of the week.

Good description of GOTL. After years of listening with it , warm, romantic ,euphoric is the natural tone of the amp.
Nice bass, clean...but not overly if that makes since. This won't sound like a SS amp in pretty much any way.

I am basically a "tone" tube roller and the amp is transparent to tube rolling.

These are pretty much not an option anymore as there seems to be no new ones being made.
Used seems to be the only option these days, if you can find one the bang for the buck is huge, as the basic model only ran about $750 new. You are likely to spend way more on tubes than the amp cost.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,383 of 6,166
Yeah, I went through quite a lot. The fastest, most neutral combination was the PSVane KT88s with RCA Clear Tops, and whilst that got close to the speed of the Euforia, it just wasn’t quite enough.

The Euforia only works well for the Atriums (for me). I much preferred the 6A with the VCs and Aeolus. I must prefer those with a more traditional tube sound.
I'm thinking rectification may be playing a role too, seeing as how the Euforia is SS rectified. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many options for the rectification with the 6a. That is the main turn-off with both of their TOTL models. I wonder if anyone has made plug-in SS half-wave rectifiers that would work?

Jun 27, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #1,384 of 6,166
Anyone know when the limited addition Atrium is likely to be available to order? I’ve been visiting the ZMF store daily but nothing there yet

Jun 27, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #1,389 of 6,166
Jun 27, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #1,390 of 6,166
Anyone know when the limited addition Atrium is likely to be available to order? I’ve been visiting the ZMF store daily but nothing there yet
Zach said sometime in July.

Jun 27, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #1,391 of 6,166
Anyone taking the plunge on the newly announced Schiit Folkvangr?
No heatsinks, so its not only an amp, but also a great indoor grill as well.
Ten tubes is a lot. Thats what my old Glenn could take, but the Glenn is an OTL, whereas that new Schiit thing isnt and cant drive tough to drive planars, so I really dont know who the intended target audience is.

Not to mention its limited to 250 units

Jun 27, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #1,393 of 6,166
Great review by DMS. He seems to prefer a slightly warm, neutral leaning sound with good clarity, so it makes sense he'd favor the BE2 Suede pads. Also interesting that he finds the Atrium more detailed than the Verite.

I've been intrigued by the Atrium since it was released, but this review puts it on the must-audition list for me. Hopefully there'll be an Atrium at CanJam SoCal.

Jun 27, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #1,395 of 6,166
Hey all, I am interested in adding a ZMF headphone to my rotation. I am looking for a warm neutral and/or neutral with bass tilt. Would I be looking more towards the Atrium or the VO?

Hip-hop, EDM, POP, Dance and Modern music.

I am not currently looking for a closed headphone so the VC is off the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back