ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 24, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #406 of 6,166
Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #407 of 6,166
I ordered mine April 16 and its order 8149. They are really really busy

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #410 of 6,166
Mine were delivered last Sunday. Order # 7775. I ordered on Apr. 1st. So just to kind of build a timeline.
I think it’s hard to say because I think guys who ordered the first day got ones that were already done. I know some guys got immediate shipping dates. We are probably into ones that weren’t already in the process of being done. I wish I had not waited lol but good things come to those who wait they say.

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #411 of 6,166
IIRC it really does depend on what they have on hand parts wise, where they are with the sanding/finishing process and other aspects that might impact an order. The number you have may not reflect the order shipped IME. Zach could contradict this if I'm mistaken.

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #412 of 6,166
I ordered mine April 16 and its order 8149. They are really really busy
Indeed. Looks like we're talking about, possibly, a few hundred headphone orders to fill with what was a small team at one point. I would bet that some of those orders were for accessories, etc..., but still. I was so anxious to get my first ZMF, but not so much with the other two. After the first experience, I was okay with the wait. I knew that the attention to detail was worth it. I hope they never change that.

Apr 24, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #413 of 6,166
Mine were delivered last Sunday. Order # 7775. I ordered on Apr. 1st. So just to kind of build a timeline.
Mine were delivered April 15th (Friday), Order #7661 also ordered on April 1st

Apr 24, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #414 of 6,166
I think im looking at atleast a month for mine to show up at my doorstep. Even then, it would be extremely fast for ZMF to create and ship/deliver all in a month considering my last 3 zmf headphones took almost 3 months. Gotta let zach do this thing and not rush him. until then, this forum and my 3 other zmf will suffice.

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #415 of 6,166
Ha, if that's 400 extra headphone orders between April 1 and April 15... that will be a VERY long wait, possibly. Now I know ZMF expanded, Zach's shown the new shop etc. But the spreadsheets back in 2020 showed that they had some 50-75 headphones (all types combined) orders open at one time. And these usually took 2-3 months to fulfill. If now they have 400 of just Atriums, plus some of the other models, say 450 open orders. Wow, then I dare say Zach has been wildly successful with the launch! And even if they doubled their capacity, this could take months and months to go through. Because one thing is clear, they won't (and SHOULDN'T) lower their high manufacturing standards and rush the process.

But the wait is half the fun.

Apr 24, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #416 of 6,166
Ha, if that's 400 extra headphone orders between April 1 and April 15... that will be a VERY long wait, possibly. Now I know ZMF expanded, Zach's shown the new shop etc. But the spreadsheets back in 2020 showed that they had some 50-75 headphones (all types combined) orders open at one time. And these usually took 2-3 months to fulfill. If now they have 400 of just Atriums, plus some of the other models, say 450 open orders. Wow, then I dare say Zach has been wildly successful with the launch! And even if they doubled their capacity, this could take months and months to go through. Because one thing is clear, they won't (and SHOULDN'T) lower their high manufacturing standards and rush the process.

But the wait is half the fun.
The order numbers include everything we sell, including accessories, parts etc etc.

So no unfortunately we haven't been that successful haha. But we are happy a decent number of people will getting to enjoy Atriums. Hopefully someday we will learn to do the handmade process faster.

All orders in now should ship by the end of May I believe at latest.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 24, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #417 of 6,166
The order numbers include everything we sell, including accessories, parts etc etc.

So no unfortunately we haven't been that successful haha. But we are happy a decent number of people will getting to enjoy Atriums. Hopefully someday we will learn to do the handmade process faster.

All orders in now should ship by the end of May I believe at latest.
Awesome news! Does that include the koa sets?

Apr 24, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #418 of 6,166
What does the "F" in ZMF stand for?

Apr 24, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #419 of 6,166
What does the "F" in ZMF stand for?
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the F stands for Fostex, because Zach started out modding Fostex headphones. -edit, I stand corrected, it says on the website that the F is for films, which is quite the interesting plot twist.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back