ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Jul 24, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #1,951 of 6,166
That Macassar Ebony is SO BEAUTIFUL! I was very close to pulling the trigger on the Macassar VC's for hot cup summer but decided to be patient and wait for the Atrium Closed to come out and hope that there would be a Macassar Ebony option for that. @zach915m , you don't need to say anything specifically, but just respond with like a wink and a nudge if there is a potential for Macassar Ebony to be an option when the Atrium Closed comes out :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #1,952 of 6,166
After a long 3 months of flip-flopping on what wood to get, and an agonizing decision not to go with Cocobolo, my Macassar Ebony Atrium is here!!!

PXL_20220723_185705663.jpg
PXL_20220723_185413028.jpgPXL_20220723_185611528.jpg

I really couldn't be happier. Such an absolute stunning set that would look right at place in a museum. Zach, Bevin and the ZMF team somehow always seem to outdo themselves.

I'm going to burn these in for about 4-5 days and then to do a comparison with a stock Cherry set. I've tested some softwood/hardwood ZMF's before, but I'm interested to find out what (no matter how small) differences the Atrium has.

Can't wait to see all new Atriums, and more importantly everyone getting to hear them!
Gosh, this is insanely beautiful set! Extra love for use Aged Copper Grill and Bison strap!

Jul 24, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #1,954 of 6,166
I missed this little blurb, but the fact that he has enough ebony for 100 headphones is great news.
Thanks for digging this back up! The ebony sets were calling my name this time, but I love my Olive VC and Koa Atrium, and wouldn’t dare give either up. But whenever we get an Atrium Closed, I will likely hold off on making a purchase until we get an ebony run of those.

Jul 24, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #1,955 of 6,166
Thanks for digging this back up! The ebony sets were calling my name this time, but I love my Olive VC and Koa Atrium, and wouldn’t dare give either up. But whenever we get an Atrium Closed, I will likely hold off on making a purchase until we get an ebony run of those.

I don't think I'll be able to replace my Olive VC... too emotionally attached :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #1,956 of 6,166
After a long 3 months of flip-flopping on what wood to get, and an agonizing decision not to go with Cocobolo, my Macassar Ebony Atrium is here!!!

I really couldn't be happier. Such an absolute stunning set that would look right at place in a museum. Zach, Bevin and the ZMF team somehow always seem to outdo themselves.

I'm going to burn these in for about 4-5 days and then to do a comparison with a stock Cherry set. I've tested some softwood/hardwood ZMF's before, but I'm interested to find out what (no matter how small) differences the Atrium has.

Can't wait to see all new Atriums, and more importantly everyone getting to hear them!
Really excited to read about your experiences of stock and hard wood Atrium!

I'm thinking about ordering cocobolo because it's a favourite wood. Well I love the slight reverby sound of my KOA Atrium. I don't want to loose that. Still scared to pull the trigger haha.

Jul 25, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #1,957 of 6,166
My set arrived today and I’m blown away with how good they look in person. The resin has a depth that does not quite come across on camera but man these are stunning, so happy right now!

20220725_132829.jpg20220725_132819.jpg20220725_132811.jpg

Jul 25, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #1,958 of 6,166
My set arrived today and I’m blown away with how good they look in person. The resin has a depth that does not quite come across on camera but man these are stunning, so happy right now!

Wow, looks fantastic. Congrat!

Jul 25, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #1,959 of 6,166

Awesome!

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #1,960 of 6,166
Loving my atriums. Can't stop listening to them still. You guys have me thinking about getting a tube amp, and I'm already looking at the felix euforia... but trying to exercise patience after the atrium purchase.

I have the aged cherry aged copper set and the there is a squeak on one earcup where the half moon shaped gimble has the two attachments to the wooden cup.
Is there a suitable lube to lube this up?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #1,961 of 6,166
It's crazy. I ordered my cocobolo with Copper. Then I saw Aged Copper and changed my order (thanks Zach/Bevin).

Now I see stunning pictures of Coco/Brass and I want that as well. I guess there are worse problems to have :)

But in the end, I'm not changing my mind again. Perhaps I just need to order several sets -- gotta catch 'em all.

Jul 25, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #1,962 of 6,166
It's crazy. I ordered my cocobolo with Copper. Then I saw Aged Copper and changed my order (thanks Zach/Bevin).

Now I see stunning pictures of Coco/Brass and I want that as well. I guess there are worse problems to have :)

But in the end, I'm not changing my mind again. Perhaps I just need to order several sets -- gotta catch 'em all.
With enough time the copper would have looked like aged copper anyways...

Jul 25, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #1,963 of 6,166

They're all great. You can't go wrong. Just enjoy your purchase and get to know your new headphones. Hopefully, they will mostly be on your head...:wink: Congrats!

Jul 25, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #1,964 of 6,166
Loving my atriums. Can't stop listening to them still. You guys have me thinking about getting a tube amp, and I'm already looking at the felix euforia... but trying to exercise patience after the atrium purchase.

I have the aged cherry aged copper set and the there is a squeak on one earcup where the half moon shaped gimble has the two attachments to the wooden cup.
Is there a suitable lube to lube this up?
Hello,
A drop of thin oil should be enough to apply the whole thing under a cloth to get it squeak-free.
WD40, if you know it in the USA, should also work.

I see you are from Chicago, then I would maybe make a quick pit stop at Zmf if possible.
In the time it takes to take care of it you can certainly try one of Zach's tube amps, :).

The Euforia is a good choice for the Zmf headphones one of the best if you are toying with the idea.
Great tube rolling,even with many adapters mostly painless.
Upgradeable with the capacitors.
Recently started running the Auteur with it and couldn't be happier.

@heliosphann Awsome look of the wood,congratz.One of the beautiful Atrium´s of course.Have fun with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back