ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Dec 12, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #5,146 of 6,720
Dec 12, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #5,148 of 6,720
Dec 12, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #5,151 of 6,720
Aeolus: king / god of the winds….indeed this thread has blown far afield…

Dec 12, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #5,153 of 6,720
Dec 12, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #5,155 of 6,720
I wonder if Connery ever played a Grecian?
2AEA0F82-9F46-4222-AAED-7F8D65E1B06B.jpeg

Dec 17, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #5,157 of 6,720
Used the Aeolus for about a year on schiit jotunheim (original), gungnir + MJ2 later, as well as some testing on an elise. as with all zmf, I really enjoyed the aeolus on tubes, but specifically the gungnir A1 + MJ2 combination, rather than the amp though, the switch from the jotunheim internal dac to the gungnir A1 made - to my ears - the biggest difference. the Aeolus became incredibly fun and musically engaging (with a lot of bass, of course), but in the end I replaced them with ZMF Verite open, and never really looked back as to me, the verites did everything a little better.

Aeolus was definitely the stepping stone to me spending more money, though!

Dec 17, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #5,158 of 6,720
Used the Aeolus for about a year on schiit jotunheim (original), gungnir + MJ2 later, as well as some testing on an elise. as with all zmf, I really enjoyed the aeolus on tubes, but specifically the gungnir A1 + MJ2 combination, rather than the amp though, the switch from the jotunheim internal dac to the gungnir A1 made - to my ears - the biggest difference. the Aeolus became incredibly fun and musically engaging (with a lot of bass, of course), but in the end I replaced them with ZMF Verite open, and never really looked back as to me, the verites did everything a little better.

Aeolus was definitely the stepping stone to me spending more money, though!
Hi dont you think you should keep both ?! One for warmer, mid range and the other for resolution detail, 3D sound ?

Dec 17, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #5,159 of 6,720
Hi dont you think you should keep both ?! One for warmer, mid range and the other for resolution detail, 3D sound ?
the verite is also quite warm, and to me has better bass resolution, I just never felt myself grabbing for the aeolus anymore as the verite are definitely not fatigueing in any way, and gave me all the aeolus brought, but better in most aspects while indeed also bringing much more stage, resolution, and 3D sound. In the end I guess to me, it wasn't different enough to warrant running both.

Dec 17, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #5,160 of 6,720
the verite is also quite warm, and to me has better bass resolution, I just never felt myself grabbing for the aeolus anymore as the verite are definitely not fatigueing in any way, and gave me all the aeolus brought, but better in most aspects while indeed also bringing much more stage, resolution, and 3D sound. In the end I guess to me, it wasn't different enough to warrant running both.
I see I see... Enjoy the VO. I myself wish I get to own the VO, matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back