ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Nov 17, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #5,026 of 6,719
@metal571 Did you say the new Aeolus pads are thicker than the old Aeolus pads? Would be nice to have a little more clearance between the driver and my ear.
The "new" Aeolus pads are the Universe Lambskin Perf. "Old" ones were called Aeolus pads. They have little difference in sound between them so they just went with the Universe as stock and yes they are just a bit thicker

Nov 17, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #5,027 of 6,719
The "new" Aeolus pads are the Universe Lambskin Perf. "Old" ones were called Aeolus pads. They have little difference in sound between them so they just went with the Universe as stock and yes they are just a bit thicker
Thanks. I actually have both the original Aeolus pads and the Universe perf leathers, but never compared their physical dimensions in detail myself. I think Zach also said the foam inside is different between them.

Nov 17, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #5,028 of 6,719
Thanks. I actually have both the original Aeolus pads and the Universe perf leathers, but never compared their physical dimensions in detail myself. I think Zach also said the foam inside is different between them.
I also own both. The universe might be just 1 or 2 mm thicker in size. Really small difference and now that you mention it the foam is different. Aeolus pads are more stiff and the universe are more squishy. As far as thickness goes, I imagine it will differ from sample to sample but the extra thickness might just make a difference comfort wise for some

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #5,029 of 6,719
Everyone says they're close, but the chart says the original are warmer???

Attachments

• 2021-11-17 14_27_22-Aeolus – ZMF Headphones.png
    2021-11-17 14_27_22-Aeolus – ZMF Headphones.png
    343.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 18, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #5,031 of 6,719
I wonder how BE2 leather compares to perforated suede as both are supposed to deliver more neutral sound compared to stock

Nov 18, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #5,032 of 6,719
What I have found the last couple of days going back and forth between the Aeolus with US pads and Auteur with AL pads ia that they are eeriely similar. Vocals sound slightly better on the Auteur still but other than that, they are very close to on another

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #5,033 of 6,719
What I have found the last couple of days going back and forth between the Aeolus with US pads and Auteur with AL pads ia that they are eeriely similar. Vocals sound slightly better on the Auteur still but other than that, they are very close to on another
Interesting. If you have the verite leather pads to use on the aeolus I wonder how they would compare to the auteur with AL. Verite leather were my preferred pads with aeolus. I'm now looking at the aeolus and auteur to compliment my VC but haven't heard the auteur.

Nov 20, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #5,034 of 6,719
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #5,036 of 6,719
I wonder how BE2 leather compares to perforated suede as both are supposed to deliver more neutral sound compared to stock
I find some part of the Be2 lambskin pads' upper mids to be quite a bit more recessed than the Universe suede pads. I suspect it has something to do with the thicker fabric covering the driver. The Universe suede pads are perceived to me as having a more "neutral" FR though I find it a bit too bright for harsher genres I listen to. I prefer using the new stock Universe lambskin pads with a slight bit of EQ on my blackwood Aeolus.

Nov 20, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #5,039 of 6,719
I guys. I currently own VO. I want to get a 2nd ZMF cans. Do you think Aeolus would be a good company? Or should I go for Eikon (a closed cans) heard the deep bass extension really well.
What do you seek (to differ from the VO)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back