ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Jan 20, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #526 of 6,717
Ah, ok.
OTL stands for output transformer less. It refers to the circuit design of particular tube amplifiers. Such amplifiers mostly work well with high impedance headphones, such as the Sennheisers and Aeolus in this case.
Bottlehead is a small company that sells kits for building tube amps. Assuming you can build one on your own, they give good value for money.
https://bottlehead.com/headphone-amplifier-kits/

Thanks for explaning ^_^

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #527 of 6,717
Ah, ok.
OTL stands for output transformer less. It refers to the circuit design of particular tube amplifiers. Such amplifiers mostly work well with high impedance headphones, such as the Sennheisers and Aeolus in this case.
Bottlehead is a small company that sells kits for building tube amps. Assuming you can build one on your own, they give good value for money.
https://bottlehead.com/headphone-amplifier-kits/
Every once in a while you'll see a Crack up for sale on the forums. They are great sounding amps.

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #528 of 6,717
I wonder how the Valhalla 2 would sound with Aeolus? I doubt it would beat the Lyr 3 overall but could be a good OTL option.

Jan 21, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #530 of 6,717
This is the only place I know where crack is sold legally.
HEY-OOooooo0000!
sxGu3Oi.gif

Jan 21, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #535 of 6,717
I wonder how the Valhalla 2 would sound with Aeolus? I doubt it would beat the Lyr 3 overall but could be a good OTL option.
I bought Valhalla2 for my 800s but I needed up using it more with my Z1R in low gain since V2 is little bright and z1r is warm. I don't own Aeolus but if it is warm like everyone is saying then Valhalla2 will be a good match

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #536 of 6,717
Mine arrived this morning after some trouble.
Absolutelly worth the wait.
Does it need burn in? I had many hps, auteur, atticus ori among the others. I am comparing it to lcd2f and ether 2.it will be a long week... I can't keep them all :frowning2:

Jan 23, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #538 of 6,717
I am comparing it to lcd2f and ether 2.it will be a long week...
I would think the LCD2 is in an entirely different (lower) league...
Ether2 is a formidable opponent, although twice the price, and totally different sound signature!
Would be interesting to hear YOUR conclusions and notes after the comparisons weekend is done :)

Jan 23, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #539 of 6,717
I would think the LCD2 is in an entirely different (lower) league...
Ether2 is a formidable opponent, although twice the price, and totally different sound signature!
Would be interesting to hear YOUR conclusions and notes after the comparisons weekend is done :)

i could try but i don't know if i can in english. i will try :)

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #540 of 6,717
i could try but i don't know if i can in english. i will try :)
Please do!

I personally don't care if it's perfect, I enjoy hearing other people's perspective. Google Translate the heck out of it & share...I'd be glad to read it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back