ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Oct 31, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #4,951 of 6,720
I have not tried any mods but I would think different tube amps would be good to try to see what changes that makes. You may already have a great tube amp but I never got the chance to hear the same phones on several different tube amps.

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #4,952 of 6,720
I have not tried any mods but I would think different tube amps would be good to try to see what changes that makes. You may already have a great tube amp but I never got the chance to hear the same phones on several different tube amps.
I have 3 tube amps, xDuoo TA-20, Bottlehead Crack with S/B and DNA Sonnet 2. Tube amps help, but not to the extent that i like, and i use the Auteur as my standard for modding the Aeolus. The sound stage has opened up from 50% to about 75 to 80% compares to the Autuer and the bass almost as good as the Auteur.

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #4,955 of 6,720
I've tried it with the stock aeolus pads, universe perf leather, universe perf suede, and Be2 perf hybrids. My favorite pads with these are definitely the Be2 perf hybrids, everything sounds so much more euphonic with these. Anyone has thoughts on the Be2 perf hybrids with Aeolus? I haven't seen this pair mentioned much.

I'd be curious to hear your feedback about the differences in between the BE2 perf hybrids and the Universe perf Suede pads?

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #4,958 of 6,720
Ah, yeah I tried to look around for some and saw that they are no longer made. Good thing you got in on it when they were still making them. I'll have to keep searching. Hopefully I can find something great that is not way more money. Thanks again for the info

Oct 31, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #4,959 of 6,720
Oh nice, sounds like some good choices in tube amps. I recently bought an Auteur that is suppose to arrive to me Tuesday. Which amp do you like best for the Auteur's?
The Woo Audio WA2 (an OTL h/p/a) is my dream partner for the Auteur. The coupling can be “fine-tuned” via tube choice (a/k/a ‘roll’).

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #4,961 of 6,720
I'd be curious to hear your feedback about the differences in between the BE2 perf hybrids and the Universe perf Suede pads?
The Be2 Perf hybrids is more of an intimate listen especially for the vocals and instruments , I find it brings more emotion to the music , more warmth, dynamic, slam, and euphonic to my ears. Although it loses a bit of the sound stage universe perf suedes give.

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #4,962 of 6,720
The Be2 Perf hybrids is more of an intimate listen especially for the vocals and instruments , I find it brings more emotion to the music , more warmth, dynamic, slam, and euphonic to my ears. Although it loses a bit of the sound stage universe perf suedes give.

Huh. I don't care about sound stage that much, but I do care about... Well, everything else you listed.

Maybe I should get the BE2 hybrid pads then. Pretty curious about the universe hybrids too.

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #4,963 of 6,720
Huh. I don't care about sound stage that much, but I do care about... Well, everything else you listed.

Maybe I should get the BE2 hybrid pads then. Pretty curious about the universe hybrids too.
Give these a try, I would like to see what others inputs are on them as well since everyone hears differently.

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #4,964 of 6,720
The Aeolus is such an amazing headphone. Everytime, I put it on my head, it never fail to please me with its euphoric mids and nice timbre. It may not be as detailed, speedy and holographic as my Verite but it has other desired attributes of sonic properties that powers my musical enjoyment. Sometimes, less can be more, if that makes sense.

Aeolus - the headphone I will never sell, ever.

Nov 2, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #4,965 of 6,720
The Aeolus is such an amazing headphone. Everytime, I put it on my head, it never fail to please me with its euphoric mids and nice timbre. It may not be as detailed, speedy and holographic as my Verite but it has other desired attributes of sonic properties that powers my musical enjoyment. Sometimes, less can be more, if that makes sense.

Aeolus - the headphone I will never sell, ever.
I regret selling mine to fund VC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back