ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Dec 18, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #2,089 of 6,721
Just got my aeolus from the ZMF November sale. Sapele wood, stock cable, verite perf leather pads, and universe perf suede pads. Everything looks pretty new. No used features from the metal hardware or leather. Might have just gotten a new pair that was just cracked? Looks like a small amount of damage in the swivel channel too but other than that doesn't look used at all. Love the sound. Will play with the suede pads after a week or so.

IMG_20191217_145111.jpg
IMG_20191217_145128.jpg
IMG_20191217_145141.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #2,090 of 6,721
Hello all. I am hoping that a thread member that owns both the Aeolus and Mr. Speaker's Aeon Flow Open headphones will be able to share their thoughts about both headphones. I own the Aeon flow and I would like to know how the Aeolus compliments them.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #2,091 of 6,721
Hello all. I am hoping that a thread member that owns bout the Aeolus and Mr. Speaker's Aeon Flow Open headphones will be able to share their thoughts about both headphones. I own the Aeon flow and I would like to know how the Aeolus compliments them.

I have the Aeon Flow Open and will be receiving my Aeolus shortly. I will let you know my impressions.

Dec 18, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #2,093 of 6,721
Just got my aeolus from the ZMF November sale. Sapele wood, stock cable, verite perf leather pads, and universe perf suede pads. Everything looks pretty new. No used features from the metal hardware or leather. Might have just gotten a new pair that was just cracked? Looks like a small amount of damage in the swivel channel too but other than that doesn't look used at all. Love the sound. Will play with the suede pads after a week or so.

Congrats on the arrival and welcome to the Texas Aeolus club :). Assuming those drivers are new, you may want to listen for a while to break them in before changing pads. It will take some time to hear what they can really do.

Dec 18, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #2,094 of 6,721
Hello all. I am hoping that a thread member that owns bout the Aeolus and Mr. Speaker's Aeon Flow Open headphones will be able to share their thoughts about both headphones. I own the Aeon flow and I would like to know how the Aeolus compliments them.

I have both but admittedly have not listened to the AFO in many months. Since the Aeolus showed up, I honestly haven't even thought about the AFO. Maybe that tells you something by itself. Are there specific things you are interested in with a comparison?

Dec 19, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #2,096 of 6,721
I'm very excited to see pictures of the Camphor Burl LTD's when they start going out to their owners, but I'm guessing we'll have to wait until January.

Dec 19, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #2,097 of 6,721
I'm very excited to see pictures of the Camphor Burl LTD's when they start going out to their owners, but I'm guessing we'll have to wait until January.
I ordered a pair of the LTDs. I'll definitely post pics when I receive them!

Dec 19, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #2,098 of 6,721
I ordered a pair of the LTDs. I'll definitely post pics when I receive them!
I did as well, but it looks like I'm towards the bottom of the pile for those who ordered the LTD's. Oh well! I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

Dec 19, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #2,099 of 6,721
I did as well, but it looks like I'm towards the bottom of the pile for those who ordered the LTD's. Oh well! I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.
AH ok. I'm #4 on the list.

Dec 19, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #2,100 of 6,721
I have both but admittedly have not listened to the AFO in many months. Since the Aeolus showed up, I honestly haven't even thought about the AFO. Maybe that tells you something by itself. Are there specific things you are interested in with a comparison?
I have never heard the Aeolus but I am very interested. In your opinion which one is better? Like you said, the fact that you have not listened to the Aeon in a while says it all. Why have you kept them? I imagine the Aeon is more comfortable because they are lighter. Can you listen to the Aeolus for a long time without discomfort. I listen to mostly 60's and 70's rock and I am focused on vocals. Do you prefer one over the other when it comes to mids? I am looking for a comparison that will let me know if they compliment each other.

I have a Lyr 3, ODAC and Massdrop Grace 9xx. Would these be good amps with the Aeolus? They work find with the Aeon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back