Zishan Z4 - DAP with Dual DAC ES9038Q2M | Dual AMP OPA1622 | USB 32-bit + DSD | Bluetooth LDAC 24-bit | Balanced 2,5/4,4 | LO/PO 3,5mm
Nov 22, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #572 of 620
Dec 22, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #574 of 620
Hello guys,

I finally ordered a Zishan Z4. I don’t know why but I love this little DAP (vintage/brutal design, very good sound, Bluetooth…)

However, it’s just a detail but I’ve a little issue with the album covers. I always put the picture for each file.

When I’m playing an album on the Zishan, I can see the cover for some albums but not for others. That’s strange because all the files are jpg. I tried to add the cover on each song but it doesn’t work. Do you have a remedy?

Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #575 of 620
Hello guys,

I finally ordered a Zishan Z4. I don’t know why but I love this little DAP (vintage/brutal design, very good sound, Bluetooth…)

However, it’s just a detail but I’ve a little issue with the album covers. I always put the picture for each file.

When I’m playing an album on the Zishan, I can see the cover for some albums but not for others. That’s strange because all the files are jpg. I tried to add the cover on each song but it doesn’t work. Do you have a remedy?

There's probably some pixel resolution limit. Find the JPG file for the songs that display correctly and redo the album art from those that don't with a similar resolution. I always use a program called EasyTag to work with embedding image files into the song files.

Dec 22, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #576 of 620
Hello guys,

Hi! Here works for every file, I have a 512gb memory full of FLACs.

I think it's the size of the picture.

I don't use any .JPG in folder, every file has its own picture and I use the Mp3Tag software to upload the pictures to the files and it's possible to resize (I use 500x500), which is great because the files don't increase size.

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

On the Zishan, I only let the .FLAC files.

Dec 23, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #578 of 620
It doesn't work for me.
@neolargeman What did you do, on the flac files and how ?

Dec 28, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #580 of 620
Hi guys. So I've got this device a couple of weeks already and I've been enjoying it since.

However, I've encountered a problem with its charging.

I left it charging for a while and the indicator light says that it is fully charged. But to my surprise when I wanted to start listening to it the battery is totally empty.

This already happened to me twice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 29, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #581 of 620
Hi guys. So I've got this device a couple of weeks already and I've been enjoying it since.

However, I've encountered a problem with its charging.

I left it charging for a while and the indicator light says that it is fully charged. But to my surprise when I wanted to start listening to it the battery is totally empty.

This already happened to me twice.

Any help would be appreciated.
I've had my Z4 since July 2021. Aside from testing a 512gb card I've barely touched it in months. Battery was dead so I charged it last night. Checked that it was full then went to bed. This morning I played a couple of tracks from the new Revolver mono album. No issues. Battery seems to be healthy. Hopefully yours is as well. Maybe you plugged it in the usb dac port :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 1, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #582 of 620
Well I finally got the Z4. I've been listening to my music using my Elegia and Ananda via the balanced ports. I'll drop a few usability observations versus my dual AK4497 ZiShan DSDs.
  1. First, thanks heavens it works with my large collection of music files, instead of choking on startup caching the TF card like my DSDs did

2. Second, the button-pressing UI is very similar, so I didn't have to start from scratch figuring it out. I was toggling DAC mode, and at first I couldn't figure out how to get out of it. Turns out I just had to navigate to "Play Now" to simply start playing a track to get out of DAC mode

3. Third, there is no way for me to get a 180EQ folder to work in the root of the TF card. I tried copying over my 180EQ folder from my DSDs and the Z4 just choked on start up trying to cache it. I find the default fixed band equalizer to have weird values and I want to replace them with something more standard.

Sound quality is pretty good. I think I'm used to the AK4497's signature, so I think I like it better. If I could just get the EQ to work for me I will be very pleased. I have no idea where and what to mount in order to edit the EQ.

Jan 4, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #583 of 620
Hi, quick question? Have any of you had problems playing a FLAC file? I have an album from Qobuz that is not entirely playing and the Z4 just freezes then restarts.

Files are 100-200MB 24bit96kHz files around 3-4min

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #584 of 620
Hi, quick question? Have any of you had problems playing a FLAC file? I have an album from Qobuz that is not entirely playing and the Z4 just freezes then restarts.

Files are 100-200MB 24bit96kHz files around 3-4min
So I changed the tags that was pre-tagged and it worked... Not sure which tag affects which. But not it's playing the files.

May 6, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #585 of 620
I have a problem with my Z4.
My battery is melting, so I can't close the back any more.
Do you know where I can find a Nnew battery ?

20230502_172153.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back