ZiShan U1 HiFi USB DAC+AMP Thread

Would you buy the ZiShan U1?

• Total voters
Jun 26, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #46 of 196
It doesn't make sense to me that the device doesn't work on phones. It is possibly a bug that can be fixed by firmware update. Another possible explanation is that it will definitely work only on a few phones. Let's wait...

You are right that this does not make sense, or maybe I am just goofing something up :) Anyway, on monday kids will be back to school, so I will have time to look into this without interruptions :)

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #48 of 196
In my Lenovo k10 note the speaker of the mobile and the zishan U1 work at the same time. It's crazy
Do you use the included usb-c to usb-c cable? I had no luck connecting it to any of the phones in my house :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #49 of 196
I had time to try and connect it to Tempotec V1-A today with no luck. I have tried changing all of the usb settings on V1-A, but nothing worked out. So unless I have a dud of a unit, there is something really wrong with the way the device is built in general.

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #51 of 196
This is how, according to zishan, you can connect U1 to a phone 😃 I got this from the seller I have bought the U1 from. It is a link to some Chinese site that I do not trust and would not use.
Edit: I have tried looking up the Usb Audio Player Pro and it is a paid app, so probably that link is to some dodgy site where you can get the apk, so zishan is promoting piracy or something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200630_124256.jpg
    Screenshot_20200630_124256.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #53 of 196
Hi. I got my U1, but it’s not defined as an external audio device either on the phone or on the laptop. Has anyone encountered the same problem?
There are drivers you can try:
https://amanero.com/drivers/setupuac2.exe
This link is from linsoul audio U1 listing on their website, so should be ok.
I had no problem running it of without any additional drivers on 2 of my laptops personally. Hope this helps :)

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #56 of 196
For some reason, it is not determined on a working laptop, but it works on a personal one.
I think U1 is just simply failure of a device.

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #57 of 196
This is how, according to zishan, you can connect U1 to a phone 😃 I got this from the seller I have bought the U1 from. It is a link to some Chinese site that I do not trust and would not use.
Edit: I have tried looking up the Usb Audio Player Pro and it is a paid app, so probably that link is to some dodgy site where you can get the apk, so zishan is promoting piracy or something.

Well, they didnt have google services there.
I guess i need to wait for more reviews before i pull the trigger. And i heard that a local shop in my country already ask for custom units with better output impedance.

Jul 10, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #58 of 196
Been testing mine for a while now and
it has been working fine for me. I have tested it on pc it works without a driver on windows 10. The driver can be installed for dsd etc. but did not test it for dsd playback etc.

On my phone (Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite) it works instantly too. I tried to make a quick connect with a LG G8s and it did not recognize it like my phone did. I did not try any other telephone (will update later if I try some more). But compatibility with phones is the issue with most I guess

When it comes to sound I compared it with e1da 9038s and powerdac v2 as well as the topping e30. It does not sound like these do but to put it in proper scale I would say 7 to 8 out of 10. It just sounds good and the scale is more a detail comparing for the general sound compared to these other dacs.

The only main issue is the compatibility with devices.

If people who bought this would tell what device or devices they used it on and if it works correctly.
That would help a lot of people to save frustration and negative thoughts. And help them to decide to buy and enjoy a otherwise nice product with good sound at amazing price.

P.s:
I don't know how it would measure but the sound is good without noticeble distortion etc.

Jul 10, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #59 of 196
Been testing mine for a while now and
it has been working fine for me. I have tested it on pc it works without a driver on windows 10. The driver can be installed for dsd etc. but did not test it for dsd playback etc.

On my phone (Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite) it works instantly too. I tried to make a quick connect with a LG G8s and it did not recognize it like my phone did. I did not try any other telephone (will update later if I try some more). But compatibility with phones is the issue with most I guess

When it comes to sound I compared it with e1da 9038s and powerdac v2 as well as the topping e30. It does not sound like these do but to put it in proper scale I would say 7 to 8 out of 10. It just sounds good and the scale is more a detail comparing for the general sound compared to these other dacs.

The only main issue is the compatibility with devices.

If people who bought this would tell what device or devices they used it on and if it works correctly.
That would help a lot of people to save frustration and negative thoughts. And help them to decide to buy and enjoy a otherwise nice product with good sound at amazing price.

P.s:
I don't know how it would measure but the sound is good without noticeble distortion etc.
This is not good. If it doesn't work on the LG G8, it probably won't work on my LG G7 Thinq. I will then have to use it as a USB dac on the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back