1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZiShan T1 Hi-Fi Player Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IcedFrosty, Jul 27, 2019.
Tags:
?

Is this the best DAP under $100?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. Way above the price range!

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Could be

18 vote(s)
    41.9%
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. HeyManslowdown97
    Same! I've had issues with faulty 3.5 and 2.5mm the past with my other zishans but this is something different only hearing one channel when not fully in. When I compared the DSD Pro vs the T1 it appears the gold plated terminals don't line up?? The headphone jacks is one my pet peeves that I have about the zishans. I have found that they are harder to replace than most people think!!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. endia
    why should i do that, what is the point?
    also, they are not drop-in pin compatible! since 8397 is a dual opamp and buf634 is a monolithic buffer, 2x8397 is meaningless imho.. i mean it doesn't worth too much pcb mod and hassle!

HeyManslowdown97 likes this.
  3. fabien32
    it is not so difficult
    s-l500.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  4. endia
    lol.. you should think the contrary.
    even if that is the case, they are NOT pin compatible!

this is zishan pcb..

4495pcb.jpg

5. fabien32
    i am just saying you can find solutions

HeyManslowdown97 likes this.
  6. endia
    thanks but where did i say, i'm looking for solutions?
    indeed, if i need, i have enough knowledge to find or ask solutions whatever it is :p

7. HeyManslowdown97
    He’s right, Fabien, it's not worth the hassle and there’s probably no huge benefit for doing so!

fabien32 likes this.
  8. fabien32
    sure, but for me, as long as there is some benefit i'll do it eventually (i like to play with my toys that way)

9. HeyManslowdown97
    I have the Zishan DSD 699 and personally I don't see the buffers as an sonic advantage over the DSD 799. It just boost the volume nob so maybe its got an advantage with low impedance headphones to power higher ohms of 85-250 and to hear more of the nuance in the music??? I have 16-32 ohms iems earphones and they work just fine on my Zishans based on my subjective ears tests and it doesn't take-away from enjoying the music playback.

The only advantage I can see with the Buffer Stage is that you can op amp roll with single op amps (ie Opa627, AD797, etc) and alter the audio signature via those op amps?? I am not clear if this is possible or if pins are compatible and whether or not the op amps don’t oscillate though...

Maybe the Opa637 is a better choice to put in the buffer since it's stabler with greater gain if can put in the this stage??

”The OPA627 is unity-gain stable. The OPA637 is stable in gains equal to or greater than five. Difet fabrication achieves extremely low input bias currents without compromising input voltage noise performance. Low input bias current is maintained over a wide input common-mode voltage range with unique cascode circuitry.”

10. fabien32
    I stopped using IEMs a long time ago, they don't sound as good

11. HeyManslowdown97
    It depends specs really matter and matching the correct measurements between the DAC output and the iems spec sheets!

Nwguy really did some great work discussing power vs volume.

I agree with EVERYTHING he writes here!

”AVERAGE (RMS) VOLUME: Music varies widely in average volume (also known as “RMS volume”) which roughly equates to the perceived loudness of the music. Somewhere around the early 90’s the “loudness wars” started. Recording engineers starting using more and more compression (which boosts the soft parts of music) so their mix sounded louder than other mixes.”

And sadly there's generation out there who grew up with music produced this way :frowning2:

It’s one of the reasons in my opinion why there’s a rise in vinyl and people thinking it sounds better!

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/09/more-power.html?m=1

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  12. IcedFrosty
    Hello there,
    Sorry for my late reply. From what I read (quick observation), the alphabetical numbering next to the numerical version number (e.g 0.2b, 0.2c) is a dedicated firmware version for each modules available. According to zishan.ru, the 0.2b version is a 0.2 firmware version dedicated for the AK4490 version of the T1. So, maybe the 0.2c is dedicated for the AK4497 version.

Again, this is only based on my observation. If this led to misinformation, please correct me.

Hopes this help.
    God bless.

13. HeyManslowdown97
    Updated: The 0.2c is for T1 AK4497eq. Just put it in my T1 Ak4497eq.

First impressions: Noticeable touchscreen sensitivity improved.

Read IcedForsty’s T1 review and this stuck out! I wonder if you can do this trick using a USB directly from your car and with ALL Zishans??!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zishan-t1-hifi-player.23935/reviews

“you can turn on the Car Mode feature, remove the battery (don’t throw it away, save it), connect it to a power supply (e.g. 10000mAh high quality powerbank) through the USB port, and you can have a really long music playback with a very high quality sound, without worrying about the battery. And make sure you’re using a “stable” power supply while trying this trick.”

Pretty cool!

14. fabien32
    i have installed the c version and still no usb dac so I don't understand your answer

15. fabien32

captblaze likes this.
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last