Zhaolu D2.x - Upgrade from D1.3
Mar 15, 2006 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 214

chesebert

18 Years An Extra-Hardcore Head-Fi'er
New DAC from Zhaolu....for those who have not ordered ..might be good idea to wait for the upgrade
Complete upgrade from D1.3!!! Check out the new headphone out!!

This version has improved on the the upgrades made on the other "DAC1 vs Zhao" thread. Zhaolu know about the that thread and mentioned that D2.x is upgrade of that upgrade...LOL...

104723.jpg

104724.jpg

104725.jpg

104726.jpg

104727.jpg

104728.jpg

104732.jpg

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 214
nice..how much and where can i get one?and when is it out?

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 214
no official price yet. but they relased this yesterday IIRC...so anyday now!!

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 214
Where do I got more info on it? Who do I contact to order?

Mar 15, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 214
are there any sellers willing to ship it over seas? and, of course, how much?
edit: my bad: i misread what chasebert said.

Mar 15, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
it was released yesterday; are there any sellers willing to ship it over seas? and, of course, how much?

Where did you hear it was released yesterday? Zhaolu and various dealers had been saying April/May?

Thanks for posting this Chesbert. The DAC 2 thread with these pics that was started a few days ago got deleted because it was started by a dealer, unfortunately. Yep, we're all excited!

Mar 15, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #7 of 214
Are they going to do like thay did last time where you can get the core dac and have upgrades for extra?If yes then i probably will wait it out and see how it goes rather than jumping on the bandwagon like i did before.

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #8 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Are they going to do like thay did last time where you can get the core dac and have upgrades for extra?If yes then i probably will wait it out and see how it goes rather than jumping on the bandwagon like i did before.

There is no place for upgrades on that new one. Only upgrade is distrete headphone amp and different dac boards that are upgrades or come as standard with different revision ie 2.3 = 1794 dac board or maybe something like that.

There might be black cap unofficial upgrade from eddie but i expect nothing more.

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 214
edit...........what he said
smily_headphones1.gif

well.......i don't see and "clock" mods standard
smily_headphones1.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

and the power supply seems integrated into the dac board
smily_headphones1.gif
confused.gif

as you can see you can get the upgraded headamp
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

so......this is what i think: the upgraded headamp is the only upgrade that is available from zhaolu. if your asking whether distributers like eddie will have their own different mods, they very well maybe: opamps i'd almost be sure of, probably willing again to change some caps, maybe some connectors, all that jazz. there's always something to tinker with. hopefully the evil little clock is gone for good
smily_headphones1.gif
and it doesn't seem there will be a power supply upgrade. and the headamp seems like it hasn't changed from version 1 (and seanH loves it), and he mentioned a 20% price increase....soo....

version 1 goes for $80
version 2 might start at $100, the headamp upgrade could be $50 or so, and then you'll have shipping.

so.....i'm betting that i'll be able to get myself a zhaolu 2 with headamp for $200 shipped, at least for the basic dac board, which is the most pertinent dac upgrade.

i imagine you'll have to pay more for the different dac boards, but i doubt it will be much.

anyway, i'm pretty much counting that i'll be able to get the dac board i want, with the headamp upgrade, for $200 delivered to my door, probably from eddie. hopefully i don't get jacked

Mar 15, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #10 of 214
i think chengze mentioned something about a dac coming out before the zhaolu 2 in april

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #12 of 214
First thread got deleted, why repost? Put it in Mall-Fi..

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #13 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
First thread got deleted, why repost? Put it in Mall-Fi..

Why not?

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #14 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003
Why not?

According to the rules, it's advertising unless it's a straight review / pictures from a person who actually has the component. Hence the Headamp GS-X thread deletions, and what not.

And if it's advertising, you need to pay for a page to advertise in Mall-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back