Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 17, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #5,492 of 6,090
How would tenores compare to soundmagic e50 and hifiman re 400, I'm deciding between those three

For pop music, the RE400 did not give enough bass slam.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #5,493 of 6,090
The "Tenore's" are without a doubt remarquable IEM's... just recieved my second pair as spare...
Far more balanced than my Shure 215's, realistic timbres, decent sense of space, tight and precise base response. Precision with no harshness nor fatigue. They don't seem to add or substract anything. I don't know whether they are "audiophile" but musical for shure...
For what ? $35 !!! 

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #5,494 of 6,090
  Is the Fidue A73 an upgrade to the Tenore?  Anyone that has both want to share their thoughts?

I think they definitely are. Different sound sig though. I don't own the A73 but i do own both A83 & tenores and from the reviews, i found that A73 comes pretty close to A83 in performance. While i find tenore's great for the price, A83 just destroys the tenores in performance (No offence meant) and hence i feel that A73 is definitely an upgrade to em tenore's.

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #5,495 of 6,090
Well I gave in and bought the Puros, went down to $59.99 shipped on Amazon, $15 more than Ebay BUT Same Day Shipping Free so I get it tonight by 9pm. Can't wait to see how they compare to the Tenores and SoundMagic E80. My first DD Driver earphones

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #5,496 of 6,090
Well I gave in and bought the Puros, went down to $59.99 shipped on Amazon, $15 more than Ebay BUT Same Day Shipping Free so I get it tonight by 9pm. Can't wait to see how they compare to the Tenores and SoundMagic E80. My first DD Driver earphones

Looking forward to your impressions mate.

I'm waiting for the OnePlus Icons to be back in stock in the OP UK website. Really tempted by those, pretty sure they would be an upgrade to the Tenores.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #5,497 of 6,090
Looking forward to your impressions mate.

I'm waiting for the OnePlus Icons to be back in stock in the OP UK website. Really tempted by those, pretty sure they would be an upgrade to the Tenores

You didn't reply in the other thread but guessing the ieb6's customs fees never got paid?

Just looked up the OnePlus icons, very interesting look. No reviews yet on them on here. 

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #5,498 of 6,090
You didn't reply in the other thread but guessing the ieb6's customs fees never got paid?

Just looked up the OnePlus icons, very interesting look. No reviews yet on them on here. 

Yeah not paying them mate.

Someone got a hold of some in the Chinese IEM thread and posted some impressions. :wink:

Oh and TwinACStacks got some on order as well.

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #5,499 of 6,090
Well I forgot that same day amazon uses OnTrac and they never deliver, even when they mark delivered (signed by my Front Door lol)...so will have to see if it shows up in the next two days. They are in my city too and down the street from my work SMH

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #5,500 of 6,090
Well I forgot that same day amazon uses OnTrac and they never deliver, even when they mark delivered (signed by my Front Door lol)...so will have to see if it shows up in the next two days. They are in my city too and down the street from my work SMH

That sucks dude. Hope you get then soon!

So, the Icons are back in stock on OnePlus UK site. I am just about to order the Graphite version! xD

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #5,501 of 6,090
Tenores definitely sound better than ed9. There is a sense of roughness with ed9 that make them sound exciting for some, where as tenore has very smooth frequency response and relatively low distortion. Fidue might be good if you are looking for somethimg with a darker presentation.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be crossing out the ed9 from my list.

:cool: I have the Tenores, ED9, and the new Xiaomi Hybrids. Forget about the ED9s they won't hang, just a fairly high resolution low budget phone, WAY too much spikey Treble for me personally.  I don't know anything about the Fidues. The Xiaomi will easily go head to Head with the Tenores. I give a slight edge to the Tenores for resolution and Treble, but other than that, the Xiaomi kill them in impact, Bass presentation, and build Quality. I'd say the soundstages are comparable.

The Tenores are much easier to drive, the Xiaomi's don't shine without POWER, and a lengthy burn in.

The Xiaomi are less expensive. Either way they are both very good iems.

JMHO

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

My local store doesn't have a xiaomi hybrid demo unit to try with so I can' audition it. They have the tenores though but it's very noisy at the store and i haven't have a good fit so i cant really say if i liked them. Build quality seems decent but I'm worried because many have negative feedbacks regarding build quality.

Dec 19, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #5,502 of 6,090
Btw guys anyone that has Zircons should try the small tips on the Tenore, they fit pretty awesome and they're wide bore. Really opens the Tenores up.

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #5,504 of 6,090
That sucks dude. Hope you get then soon!

So, the Icons are back in stock on OnePlus UK site. I am just about to order the Graphite version! xD

Looking forward to your impressions, 

EDIT: Well my Puro's were sitting at the hub, went down and grabbed them myself instead of waiting til Monday. Initial listen was "meh, where's the bass and liveliness", switched to the "ML" tips "oh yeah there we go, holy crap these sound fantastic". Only listened to about 10 min so far, playing video games now so will burn in then listen later. 

Initial impressions, def better than the Tenores considering the $45 (I paid $60) price difference, though they do retail for $110 so they should be better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back