Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Mar 12, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #4,831 of 6,090
I actually found a workaround to my ears hurting from headphones earphones speakers. I study medicine and i have stethoscope, actually two but no matter. I was kind of playing with it and decided to put speaker near the stethoscope and they sound amazing and my ears don't hurt anymore cause speaker is away from ears. so i might no sell my amperior headphones after all. edit, they actually sound better without it. actually they do sound open, soundstage is quite open. nice, i no longer have amperiors to compare them to cause i sell them. tenore don't sound bassy no more and quite detailed.
I do take my words back, they sound really good now. I didn't use them for a week and now they sound really different, no bass, and really open and detailed audio. it's a new level of audio. really they need some time. I don't even know what to compare it to its like earphone kind of open. I could say singer in room but its not exactly it. you need to hear it to understand it. thanks, they are nice earphones.

Really?
Just... I don't even. 
This is by far the strangest thing I've seen on Head-fi lol
I assume all the bass will be lost, yes. Did you just glue the Tenores to the stethoscope and chuck it in your pocket or something? So many questions...
...and if you are rocking that setup in public it must be quite the look lol

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #4,832 of 6,090
I actually found a workaround to my ears hurting from headphones earphones speakers. I study medicine and i have stethoscope, actually two but no matter. I was kind of playing with it and decided to put speaker near the stethoscope and they sound amazing and my ears don't hurt anymore cause speaker is away from ears. so i might no sell my amperior headphones after all. edit, they actually sound better without it. actually they do sound open, soundstage is quite open. nice, i no longer have amperiors to compare them to cause i sell them. tenore don't sound bassy no more and quite detailed.
I do take my words back, they sound really good now. I didn't use them for a week and now they sound really different, no bass, and really open and detailed audio. it's a new level of audio. really they need some time. I don't even know what to compare it to its like earphone kind of open. I could say singer in room but its not exactly it. you need to hear it to understand it. thanks, they are nice earphones.

Wow, what a crazy idea! Did you know that there's a wealth of eartips for stethoscopes out there, even custom ones lol? 
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #4,833 of 6,090
  Really?
Just... I don't even. 
This is by far the strangest thing I've seen on Head-fi lol
I assume all the bass will be lost, yes. Did you just glue the Tenores to the stethoscope and chuck it in your pocket or something? So many questions...
...and if you are rocking that setup in public it must be quite the look lol

+1 

I'm used to hearing strange things from him btw xD   Browse a few past pages and you'll see :wink:
I respect people's opinion but sometimes it's too strange to believe.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #4,834 of 6,090
After listening to my Tenore's for 5 mins a friend at work, who is also into his HiFi, decided to go ahead and buy the Basso's. They arrived and I did some short comparisons today.

The Basso definitely has more bass, not too much though, for me pretty much bang on. I normally boost the sub bass with EQ and I find the Basso does not need this and sounds best with no EQ. They are also more efficient, noticeable louder than the Tenore. But, first impressions at least, leave me thinking the Tenore bests it everywhere else. Instrument realism and timbre is better on the Tenore, by quite a bit I would say. I think soundstage sounded similar in width and depth but separation and layering sounded better to me on the Tenore. The Basso's are brighter, they do not roll off or as smooth sounding as the Tenore, something which is very attractive and unique about the Tenore.

Still a very good sounding earphone for the money but doesn't quite meet the Tenore technically. It has similarities with the MH1C.

I agree. The Tenore is a more proficient IEM in imaging and detail, but the Basso is the more enjoyable earphone. Still, I'm a huge fan of both for their relatively great sound. I got my Basso first, and went back to get the Tenore a few days later. Now, they are my go-to IEMs for use at work. Easy, smooth, non-fatiguing sound that's great for a myriad genres of music.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #4,835 of 6,090
After listening to my Tenore's for 5 mins a friend at work, who is also into his HiFi, decided to go ahead and buy the Basso's. They arrived and I did some short comparisons today.

The Basso definitely has more bass, not too much though, for me pretty much bang on. I normally boost the sub bass with EQ and I find the Basso does not need this and sounds best with no EQ. They are also more efficient, noticeable louder than the Tenore. But, first impressions at least, leave me thinking the Tenore bests it everywhere else. Instrument realism and timbre is better on the Tenore, by quite a bit I would say. I think soundstage sounded similar in width and depth but separation and layering sounded better to me on the Tenore. The Basso's are brighter, they do not roll off or as smooth sounding as the Tenore, something which is very attractive and unique about the Tenore.

Still a very good sounding earphone for the money but doesn't quite meet the Tenore technically. It has similarities with the MH1C.

I totally agree,  the Bassos are a bit more effciente,  no need to of EQ at all cause the sound signature is V shapped, bass is boosted and once you try to adjust the EQ on the Basso its sounds worst for some reason to me.  I just listen them EQ off.   IMHO the Bassos are the best under $40 iem if you want a lot of bass, with  decent mids and treble, much better than other "bass heavy" iems. i rate them better than the MH1 because of that cable of hell.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #4,836 of 6,090
My ears hurt from speakers. and cause you said I'm weird i quit this forum. I have better things to do. bye

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #4,838 of 6,090
My ears hurt from speakers. and cause you said I'm weird i quit this forum. I have better things to do. bye

Chill, mate. Don't take things to heart. After all, we're in this together to learn and share from one another (that's what a forum is for, after all).

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #4,839 of 6,090

How do you even! Nobody ever said you're weird. Me and someone just said that what you've posted was strange.

After all who glues his earphones to a stethoscope and listen to them! lol... isn't that going to make them sound mono and weird (Disclaimer : The sound will be weird, not you.)?

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #4,840 of 6,090
Just got these, and the sound is really good for $35. Comfortable and light too. The cable and cable noise does suck though.

It seems that these require a lot of power to get good volume and good sound. Had to crank it up and sound ok loud on iphone 5 to about 85%-95% volume, but on Fiio E7 i was up to about volume 40-45 to get loud and good sound. A little unfair price match but just a comparison, the Fidue A83, Dunu DN-1000, and Vsonic GR07 BE, and Panasonic HJE900 just need to go about 60-70% iphone volume, or Fiio E7 15-25 volume. 

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #4,841 of 6,090
Just got these, and the sound is really good for $35. Comfortable and light too. The cable and cable noise does suck though.

It seems that these require a lot of power to get good volume and good sound. Had to crank it up and sound ok loud on iphone 5 to about 85%-95% volume, but on Fiio E7 i was up to about volume 40-45 to get loud and good sound. A little unfair price match but just a comparison, the Fidue A83, Dunu DN-1000, and Vsonic GR07 BE, and Panasonic HJE900 just need to go about 60-70% iphone volume, or Fiio E7 15-25 volume. 

Agreed, they also caught me off guard when I used them for first time.

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #4,842 of 6,090
Hm... I hope Tenore have better bass impact, bit punchy, and better soundstage
but overall the sound is awesome for the price range, of course IMO 
wink.gif

I got Tenore for 575K IDR, BNOB. So expensive maybe (btw cheapest price in Indonesia is 650K, imported from Japan with 1 month warranty)

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #4,843 of 6,090
My Tenore arrived today, I'm very impressed at the sound these push out. Great amount of refinement and detail. There's something about them that sounds smooth and inviting, good essence or vibe. The build is a little questionable, thin cable, looks to be weak strain reliefs, though for $50 roughly they're true stars in performance. 

Really pleased from the moment I put them in my ears. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #4,844 of 6,090
  My Tenore arrived today, I'm very impressed at the sound these push out. Great amount of refinement and detail. There's something about them that sounds smooth and inviting, good essence or vibe. The build is a little questionable, thin cable, looks to be weak strain reliefs, though for $50 roughly they're true stars in performance. 

Really pleased from the moment I put them in my ears. 

You might be aware this but Tenores go through big sound change through the burn-in period. 100hrs of burn in is essential to get Tenores in their permanent form.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #4,845 of 6,090
  You might be aware this but Tenores go through big sound change through the burn-in period. 100hrs of burn in is essential to get Tenores in their permanent form.

Well, you know somethings right when you receive a pair of Sennheiser HD25 the same day, but end up contributing more time with the Tenore. 
tongue_smile.gif

We're getting it too good in the budget section. Chinese IEM smashing out performance left/right/center.

I'll pop back in once some manual listening hours are clocked up! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back