Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Apr 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #1,023 of 6,090
From what I've read, KC06 will have a lot less bass than the Tenore.

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #1,025 of 6,090
Just the opposite. The KC06 has quite a bit more bass.

Are you sure you're getting a good seal on the Tenore?  People have said Havi B3 Pro has more bass than KC06, and B3 Pro was described to have the same bass as RE-400.  Tenore has more bass than BA200, RE-400, GR07 MK2, Astrotec AX30, Fidelio S2, A161P.  I'm using meelectronics double flanged tips on the Tenore.  Stock tips didn't seal well so they didn't have much bass.

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #1,026 of 6,090
I agree with Shotgunshane, lol the S2 has much more bass than the Tenore.

Well the Tenore has very little midbass bump but a good amount of subbass.

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #1,027 of 6,090
I'm back to stock tips. Meelec's M6 medium single flanged that I used started to mess up some frequencies and the result was some kind of hollow sound on some tracks. Too bad, they made me best seal. But I get a good one with stock tips too and the Tenore's sounds amazing. So much clarity and refinement on the treble, plenty enough of bass and the mids opened very nice after 70-80 hours. And that soundstage is just awesome. I hear a lot more details on my music than I had with vsd1s or the pistons. The Tenore's are way above them both in SQ imo. So happy with my purchase.

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #1,028 of 6,090
Well, planning on ordering them. So the Meelectronic's Double Flange tips work the best? Seems they come in an "all" size. From the ebay seller, on the OP, if I select them, no sizes. Oh well. Time to get my IEM's.

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #1,030 of 6,090
Are you sure you're getting a good seal on the Tenore?  People have said Havi B3 Pro has more bass than KC06, and B3 Pro was described to have the same bass as RE-400.  Tenore has more bass than BA200, RE-400, GR07 MK2, Astrotec AX30, Fidelio S2, A161P.  I'm using meelectronics double flanged tips on the Tenore.  Stock tips didn't seal well so they didn't have much bass.

The kc06 is definitely much bassier than the RE400. The RE400 has more mid bass than the Tenore but the Tenore has a good bit more sub bass and can make it sound bassier. That's why I purposefully wear with a looser seal to bring the bass more in line with the rest of the FR.

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #1,032 of 6,090
The kc06 is definitely much bassier than the RE400. The RE400 has more mid bass than the Tenore but the Tenore has a good bit more sub bass and can make it sound bassier. That's why I purposefully wear with a looser seal to bring the bass more in line with the rest of the FR.

Perhaps we're saying the same thing since you're purposely wearing with a looser seal to lessen the bass.

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #1,033 of 6,090
I hear more bass on the KC06 over the Tenore also. I'm using Sony Hybrids on the Tenore and UE TF10 tips on the KC06 and I still hear more bass on the KC06.

So which do you prefer, DannyBai?  Also, do you have the Meelectronics double flanged tips?  Lifted Andreas and I are using them.  He said this about them vs. Hybrids:

"Very true, I find the hybrids to be sharper on highs and they make the lows tighter. However, they aren't the best ones for Tenores. I much more prefer the M6 bi-flanges, they make the bass more round and smooth the highs out."

Everyone, you can get the double flanged tips here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140821138554

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #1,034 of 6,090
So which do you prefer, DannyBai?  Also, do you have the Meelectronics double flanged tips?  Lifted Andreas and I are using them.  He said this about them vs. Hybrids:

"Very true, I find the hybrids to be sharper on highs and they make the lows tighter. However, they aren't the best ones for Tenores. I much more prefer the M6 bi-flanges, they make the bass more round and smooth the highs out."

Everyone, you can get the double flanged tips here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140821138554

I don't have the Meelec. tips anymore but I generally can't do double or triple flange tips. I find the hybrids to give the best comfort and sound from what I have.

I am preferring the Ostry over the Tenore at the moment. As Shotgun says, the Tenore is more linear sounding. Ostry's have a bigger sound, bigger stage, harder bass impact, more forward midrange and sharper treble. Sound is different than the Tenore so worth having both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back