Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Apr 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #1,007 of 6,090
  To get an idea, what volume do you use on your Laptop? Don't have an amp or anything of the sort, so trying to find something somewhat easy to drive.

No, I do not have an amp.  I have to check again, but I think when I use Spotify, the highest I go is probably 80%.  100% would damage ears I think.  With RDIO, I go about 70% because they output louder.

These are not as hard to drive as Mikros 90 nor M200

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,010 of 6,090
Just get a FiiO X3 or X5 and you'll have the perfect source for these. :wink:

Baked using HTC One in Vivid Blue

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #1,011 of 6,090
Even un-amped, Tenore is amazing.

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #1,012 of 6,090
I received a set of the Tenore today. Pretty darn good. I'll compare with the mh1 over the next few days but I'm very impressed with the overall balance. Going down a size in tips (mh1 tips), to get a looser seal, which reduces bass a small amount helps balance them out more without sacrificing the very deep rumble these have. How much were these? Impressed.

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #1,013 of 6,090
Just get a FiiO X3 or X5 and you'll have the perfect source for these.
wink.gif

Baked using HTC One in Vivid Blue

Can't afford them. XD
  Even un-amped, Tenore is amazing.

Good to know, they are now on the list of IEM's I may buy.
I received a set of the Tenore today. Pretty darn good. I'll compare with the mh1 over the next few days but I'm very impressed with the overall balance. Going down a size in tips (mh1 tips), to get a looser seal, which reduces bass a small amount helps balance them out more without sacrificing the very deep rumble these have. How much were these? Impressed.

How are they with basically everything you throw at them? Also, because you went down on the tip size, does that mean that bass more "prominent" then the mid's, hi's, etc? What are you using to power these and how comfortable are then? Over the ear or down? =D Bombarding of questions, I apologize.

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #1,014 of 6,090
Excellent all rounder. Straight from the iPhone is just fine. Haven't even bothered trying my cypher labs kit. I only wear stuff over the ear; hate wearing down, but can easily do both with the Tenor.

Going down a size in tips for slightly looser seal does practically the same thing as tape modding the back vent (pinhole in tape). Reduces the bass quantity just slightly to make it more linear in FR.

The mh1 has been my favorite budget killer, due to the flat and smooth mids and treble. I have to eq the bass down to make it more linear. The Tenore is very, very close to the mh1 without the excessive bass boost. The mh1 is just ever so slightly smoother but has the worlds worst cable and crazy, elevated deep bass. The Tenore has great ergonomics, looks great and sounds fan-freaking-tastic.

Apr 4, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #1,019 of 6,090
Well, one more question if that's alright. How is the build quality? Do I have to worry about it breaking anytime soon? Maybe dropping it from my pant pocket or something.

Build seems fine. Shouldn't be any durability issues I can see.

If you could only keep one between the E10, KC06, and Tenore, which one would you choose and why?

Well I've only had the Tenore's for a day but I'd say the Tenore's for flatter frequency response tuning, so it sounds more realistic to me. Plus the cable is better than the other two. If you prefer a little color, then the kc06 or e10 might be more preferable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back