Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Mar 10, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #991 of 6,090
Thanks guys. I ended up using White rabbit express.

Nice!  Look forward to your comparison to your other IEMs.

I have a friend interested in them as well.  Correct that white rabbit express will quote price from any of the kakaku sellers:

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000398152/?lid=ksearch_kakakuitem_image

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #993 of 6,090
Hello everyone!
I have the Tenores on the way for 70$ from white rabbit. Should arrive sometimes next week, they left Japan already.
I'm now impacient about how they gonna be. I read everything I could about them and they look about right for me, but until I get them I wonder about their bass. I have vsd1s and the Pistons. I think I'd like something between them in bass department. Anyone can make a comment about this. Also I like more the Pistons overall. I find the Vsonics harsh to my ears, I think I'm very sensitive to sibillance and they are known to be prone to that.

Cheers!

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #994 of 6,090
  Hello everyone!
I have the Tenores on the way for 70$ from white rabbit. Should arrive sometimes next week, they left Japan already.
I'm now impacient about how they gonna be. I read everything I could about them and they look about right for me, but until I get them I wonder about their bass. I have vsd1s and the Pistons. I think I'd like something between them in bass department. Anyone can make a comment about this. Also I like more the Pistons overall. I find the Vsonics harsh to my ears, I think I'm very sensitive to sibillance and they are known to be prone to that.

Cheers!

Tenore has less bass than Pistons and should be less harsh than VSD1S from what I've read.

Most of us like the Meelectronics double flange tips on the Tenore.  You can get them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140821138554

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #995 of 6,090
Thanks Grayson.
By the way, how's Piston's bass compared to Basso?
Fortunately my first iem purchased was M6 and double flange tips are like new. I didn't used them, just tried sometimes with my other phones. I have also sony hybrids around, so just Tenores are missing now. Can't wait to listen to them. :)

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #996 of 6,090
  Thanks Grayson.
By the way, how's Piston's bass compared to Basso?
Fortunately my first iem purchased was M6 and double flange tips are like new. I didn't used them, just tried sometimes with my other phones. I have also sony hybrids around, so just Tenores are missing now. Can't wait to listen to them. :)

I think the Piston and Basso have comparable bass.  Unfortunately, I sold Basso before I bought Piston

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #997 of 6,090
Then is all good, I think I made a good choise with Tenore. I like Pistons but they have too much bass for me though. I still love my bass so something like re400 wont appeal to me, but vsd1s levels with a little lower extension will be my sweet spot. I hope Tenores will be right there.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #998 of 6,090
I got them Tenores today. I think I found my phones for a while, they are outstanding. Exactly what I wanted, and for the people who are afraid, this things have enough bass lol. I don't know how the Basso's are, but they must be pretty heavy on bass.
Tenore's are above vsd1s at least one tier in my opinion out of the box, maybe even more. The treble is much more extended and refined, the bass goes lower and that 3d soundstage is awesome. I found that for me they sound even better with single flange meelec M6 medium tips, they isolate better and the bass is even stronger. I get an perfect seal with them. They get inside my ear totally, I think I can sleep on a side with no problems.
gs1000.gif

This should be hyped more, for 70$ shipped with white rabbit I'm absolutely pleased and spoiled by high quality sound.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #999 of 6,090
  I got them Tenores today. I think I found my phones for a while, they are outstanding. Exactly what I wanted, and for the people who are afraid, this things have enough bass lol. I don't know how the Basso's are, but they must be pretty heavy on bass.
Tenore's are above vsd1s at least one tier in my opinion out of the box, maybe even more. The treble is much more extended and refined, the bass goes lower and that 3d soundstage is awesome. I found that for me they sound even better with single flange meelec M6 medium tips, they isolate better and the bass is even stronger. I get an perfect seal with them. They get inside my ear totally, I think I can sleep on a side with no problems.
gs1000.gif

This should be hyped more, for 70$ shipped with white rabbit I'm absolutely pleased and spoiled by high quality sound.

Agree!  They are still my #1 IEM.  I now have KEF M200 which may be better, but I'm still deciding.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #1,000 of 6,090
How are the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore for every day use? Like movies, videos, music, gaming and the like? Also, I would hope they you can wear them for long periods of time. Probably at least 2+ hours or so. Are the Tenore more balanced? I mean, nothing that over powers everything else? Personally, I don't like a lot of bass, just hurts my head after a while. Same goes for extreme highs and the like.

Do you wear them down or over ear?

Quick Edit:
Any one know if the Sony Hybrids help these out any?

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #1,002 of 6,090
Some more impresions after about 20 hours. There are no significant changes that I'm aware of but like I said they sound pretty good out of the box. Started with double flange, tried sony hybrids, but for me medium single flange meelec's m6 did the trick best, they are practically glued on my ears with a perfect seal and best sound.

Oh boy, they are hard to drive indeed. But don't take this as a negative thing only. The isolation to me is impressive. Much better then everything I owned or tried. Also I tend to listen to high volumes so this is gonna help my health not leting me going deaf haha. I use my IEM's mostly out of my smartphones and sometimes from my computers. With some bad recordings I could use some more volume, but with good recordings I find the volume adequate. For more volume they need aditional equipment and benefit from it I think. When I push some db's on my computer they handle with no sweat and sound really nice.
They are very confortable, I insert them in my ears and I forget they are in. With every other IEM's I tend to lose the seal from time to time, not anymore with Tenores. I keep them in ears for hours without readjusting the fit once. You can listen to them for hours without any disconfort. I wear them stright down.

About the bass, they are not flat. They are V-shaped I think, with good extensions and clarity on both bass and treble. But they are not basshead IEM's. In my opinion they show good bass when is in the track, if the track lack bass they don't add too much colour to the sound. They are good for movies with their nice big 3d like soundstage, don't know about games.

They are a really fun IEM, looking really great and with a build of very high quality.

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,003 of 6,090
  How are the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore for every day use? Like movies, videos, music, gaming and the like? Also, I would hope they you can wear them for long periods of time. Probably at least 2+ hours or so. Are the Tenore more balanced? I mean, nothing that over powers everything else? Personally, I don't like a lot of bass, just hurts my head after a while. Same goes for extreme highs and the like.

Do you wear them down or over ear?

Quick Edit:
Any one know if the Sony Hybrids help these out any?

They are very small and lightweight so they are very comfortable.  They don't have too much bass, like the basso, but they do have a bass bump, which makes them more musical and natural sounding to me.  Flat bass is analytical, dry, and uninteresting to my ears.  I love the balance between lows, mids, and highs.

I use the meelectronics double flanged tips that were recommended in this thread.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #1,005 of 6,090
  So they are hard to drive? That stinks. Doubt I could just use my PC then. Well, if I did, the volume would have to be turned up a good amount. =P

I use them out of my laptop and they sound great!  I never have to put them at max volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back