Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 5, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #946 of 6,090
I am using Mh1c. Want to upgrade. Carbo Basso or Tenore is better? 

Neither is better.

Read comparisons between Basso and Tenore, then decide which fits your needs more. :)

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #947 of 6,090
What about the comfort of the tenore and basso? Which one is more comfortable?

I'm using the MH1C. I like the sound but I'd like the bass to be a little cleaner and the mids more forward. What I'm looking for is hard hitting bass with rumble, forward mids and very smooth treble. Which of the two would suit me better?

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #949 of 6,090
  What about the comfort of the tenore and basso? Which one is more comfortable?

I'm using the MH1C. I like the sound but I'd like the bass to be a little cleaner and the mids more forward. What I'm looking for is hard hitting bass with rumble, forward mids and very smooth treble. Which of the two would suit me better?

For me, vocals sound better on the Tenore and Basso has more bass.  Overall, I prefer the Tenore, but if you want more bass, go for the Basso.

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #950 of 6,090
For me, vocals sound better on the Tenore and Basso has more bass.  Overall, I prefer the Tenore, but if you want more bass, go for the Basso.

I agree, still if you got one there wouldnt be much point getting the other.

Dec 10, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #952 of 6,090
Hey guys, so whos going for the new Zero Audio IEMs??

We got the Carbo Singolo ZH-BX510-CS (Tenore style):
http://www.zeroaudio.jp/product_ZH-BX510-CS_01.html

And Carbo Doppio ZH-BX700-CD (Basso style):
http://www.zeroaudio.jp/product_ZH-BX700-CD_01.html

Think I'll be going for the doppios before the end of the year. :D

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #953 of 6,090

Think I'll be going for the doppios before the end of the year.
biggrin.gif

they look nice, like a better finished product.
interested if there is an upgrade in sound

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #954 of 6,090

Think I'll be going for the doppios before the end of the year.
biggrin.gif

they look nice, like a better finished product.
interested if there is an upgrade in sound

Well it should be an upgrade, not sure how much of an upgrade considering they are BA drivers and not Dynamic.

I'm getting some XBA-40s for a good price so I might put the Zero order off for a month or so.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #956 of 6,090
Tenores are still my favorite!

IEM comparison

TDK BA200 (stock comply tips).
VSonic GR07 MK2 (largest stock purple tips)
Monster Gratitude (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
Zero Audio Carbo Tenore (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
Zero Audio Carbo Basso (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
HiFiman RE400 (Meelectronics double flanged tips)

Music preferences:  Rock and Pop.  

I would rank them as following:  Tenore > BA200 > Gratitude > GR07 MK2 > Basso > RE400.  Shocking, but you'll see why.

Treble:  Gratitude and GR07 MK2 sound the brightest, then Tenore, then Basso, then BA200.  I think the RE400 is equal to the Gratitude/GR07 MK2 or Tenore,  but don't recall exactly.  I found that the Gratitude was tuned too high (e.g. snare drums sound too bright).  BA200 treble is too smooth and not enough quantity.  Tenore is my favorite in this category because they aren't as smooth as BA200 and not as harsh as Gratitude/GR07 MK2.

Mids:   For vocals, the best are Tenore and BA200.  Female vocals sound like they are in the room singing to you and are so buttery; gives me chills.  I give a slight edge to Tenore because they sound more airy.  Gratitudes are clear but singer sounds farther away.

Bass:  My favorite in this category is the Gratitude.  In terms of quantity, Basso > Gratitude > Tenore > BA200=GR07 MK2 > RE400.  However, I found the Basso to have too much bass and not as good mids.  Gratitude has the best quality bass.  For my tastes, Gratitude and Tenore have the quantity that I desire.  Tenore bass hits hard enough and is punchy.  Bassos have too much and BA200, GR07 MK2, and RE400 have too little.

Detail:  GR07 MK2 and Gratitude have the most detail (and maybe RE400), then Tenore and Basso then BA200.

Efficiency:  GR07 MK2 is the most efficient, then Gratitude, BA200, Tenore/Basso.  Don't have the RE400 any longer to compare.

My favorite is the Tenore because they sound the most natural and true to life and they have the combination and quantity of bass/mid/treble that I desire.  Female vocals give me chills and have the most texture.  Next would be BA200 (smooth and great mids) and Gratitude (big and energetic).  Basso has too much bass and GR07 MK2 and RE400 had too little bass and sounded a little boring.

Improvements to my favorite 4 that I would love to find

Tenore: Would like slightly darker tuning (but not as dark as BA200), and bass quality of the Gratitude
BA200:  Would like more bass, more treble extension.
Gratitude:  Love the bass quantity and quality, detail, and treble extension.  Wish they were tuned darker so that they would sound more natural and true to life.  Snare drums too bright sounding.
GR07 MK2:  Would like more bass (maybe I'd like the Bass Edition?)

Tenores are close to perfect, but I'm looking for incredible vocals, life-like tuning, quality bass and decent quantity bass, and detailed, but slightly smooth treble.

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #957 of 6,090
  Tenores are still my favorite!

IEM comparison

TDK BA200 (stock comply tips).
VSonic GR07 MK2 (largest stock purple tips)
Monster Gratitude (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
Zero Audio Carbo Tenore (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
Zero Audio Carbo Basso (Meelectronics double flanged tips)
HiFiman RE400 (Meelectronics double flanged tips)

Music preferences:  Rock and Pop.  

I would rank them as following:  Tenore > BA200 > Gratitude > GR07 MK2 > Basso > RE400.  Shocking, but you'll see why.

Treble:  Gratitude and GR07 MK2 sound the brightest, then Tenore, then Basso, then BA200.  I think the RE400 is equal to the Gratitude/GR07 MK2 or Tenore,  but don't recall exactly.  I found that the Gratitude was tuned too high (e.g. snare drums sound too bright).  BA200 treble is too smooth and not enough quantity.  Tenore is my favorite in this category because they aren't as smooth as BA200 and not as harsh as Gratitude/GR07 MK2.

Mids:   For vocals, the best are Tenore and BA200.  Female vocals sound like they are in the room singing to you and are so buttery; gives me chills.  I give a slight edge to Tenore because they sound more airy.  Gratitudes are clear but singer sounds farther away.

Bass:  My favorite in this category is the Gratitude.  In terms of quantity, Basso > Gratitude > Tenore > BA200=GR07 MK2 > RE400.  However, I found the Basso to have too much bass and not as good mids.  Gratitude has the best quality bass.  For my tastes, Gratitude and Tenore have the quantity that I desire.  Tenore bass hits hard enough and is punchy.  Bassos have too much and BA200, GR07 MK2, and RE400 have too little.

Detail:  GR07 MK2 and Gratitude have the most detail (and maybe RE400), then Tenore and Basso then BA200.

Efficiency:  GR07 MK2 is the most efficient, then Gratitude, BA200, Tenore/Basso.  Don't have the RE400 any longer to compare.

My favorite is the Tenore because they sound the most natural and true to life and they have the combination and quantity of bass/mid/treble that I desire.  Female vocals give me chills and have the most texture.  Next would be BA200 (smooth and great mids) and Gratitude (big and energetic).  Basso has too much bass and GR07 MK2 and RE400 had too little bass and sounded a little boring.

Improvements to my favorite 4 that I would love to find

Tenore: Would like slightly darker tuning (but not as dark as BA200), and bass quality of the Gratitude
BA200:  Would like more bass, more treble extension.
Gratitude:  Love the bass quantity and quality, detail, and treble extension.  Wish they were tuned darker so that they would sound more natural and true to life.  Snare drums too bright sounding.
GR07 MK2:  Would like more bass (maybe I'd like the Bass Edition?)

Tenores are close to perfect, but I'm looking for incredible vocals, life-like tuning, quality bass and decent quantity bass, and detailed, but slightly smooth treble.

the M200 may be worth auditioning 

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #959 of 6,090
+1. M200 are fantastic. If you can get a good fit, you'll really be rewarded well. I was one of the few that couldn't get a good fit and seal with these.

The sound may be amazing but those things look like they need very specific ear shape to even fit on properly. That's what has been keeping me from trying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back