Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 27, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #46 of 6,090
Sounds like metal or any fast beat music is more suited for the Tenore with the micro-dynamic driver.

May 27, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #47 of 6,090
It doesn't happen all the time.
I've probably noticed it only in 3-4 songs so far and I've listened to over 100 songs with these cans...

It even performs well with this track from Megadeth:

May 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #48 of 6,090
Quote:
It doesn't happen all the time.
I've probably noticed it only in 3-4 songs so far and I've listened to over 100 songs with these cans...

It even performs well with this track from Megadeth:

As long as they sound good with DJ Lifted Andreas trance tracks, then they are all right by me lol!

Btw, which tips are you using? I'd like to compare a bit (I'm using the R1 double flanged tips).

Btw#2, I think you've got to stop comparing them to your H-200's lol!

May 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #49 of 6,090
Quote:

As long as they sound good with DJ Lifted Andreas trance tracks, then they are all right by me lol!

Btw, which tips are you using? I'd like to compare a bit (I'm using the R1 double flanged tips).

Aww dude you made me blush 
size]

I'm not god of Trance just yet lol 

Btw, here is a screenshot of how far my Tenore shipment has got. Last update was Saturday since this is a Bank Holiday weekend. Expecting good news tomorrow, never got charged customs tax... really hope they don't start now!! Also, I'm really looking forward to using the Sony Hybrid tips with the Tenores.

May 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #51 of 6,090
Quote:
Who knows one day, you could be our own little van buuren
wink.gif

Hahha, bah I dont wanna be him...

More like John Askew, John 00 Fleming or Simon Patterson! 
size]

May 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #52 of 6,090
Quote:

lol!

I'm currently using the stock medium tips. Sometimes I use the Philips she3580 stock medium tips whenever I want more top end but the bass is a bit loose with those.
Originally I had the Meelec double flange tips (during my initial impressions) but I find the single flange tips a bit tighter and cleaner.

The Basso's are completely different experience vs the H200. I still prefer the Bassos with EDM... and I still get good hours with them. As a matter of fact, I have it on right now!
Listening to Kyoto by Skrillex; awesome! I mainly use these Bassos at work so I do get to use them at least 4-5 hours a day.

May 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #53 of 6,090
Quote:

lol!

I'm currently using the stock medium tips. Sometimes I use the Philips she3580 stock medium tips whenever I want more top end but the bass is a bit loose with those.
Originally I had the Meelec double flange tips (during my initial impressions) but I find the single flange tips a bit tighter and cleaner.

The Basso's are completely different experience vs the H200. I still prefer the Bassos with EDM... and I still get good hours with them. As a matter of fact, I have it on right now!
Listening to Kyoto by Skrillex; awesome! I mainly use these Bassos at work so I do get to use them at least 4-5 hours a day.

Good to hear! The Basso's are my "out and about" iem's and get plenty of listening time from me as well.

I'll have to listen for the slower decay thing more. It's a fairly subtle thing, and as you said, only a factor in certain songs. Not an issue for me at all, but now that I am more aware of it, I'll keep my ears open for it.

May 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #54 of 6,090
Quote:
Sounds like metal or any fast beat music is more suited for the Tenore with the micro-dynamic driver.

Listening to Scott Bond Rebooted Vol 1 with the Bassos. If the Tenores sound as good, you are in for a treat!

May 27, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #55 of 6,090
Listening to Scott Bond Rebooted Vol 1 with the Bassos. If the Tenores sound as good, you are in for a treat!

Ooh that's a banging mix mate.

Yeah I've really got high hopes for the Tenore. Hope the bass is less boomy than my soundmagics e10, but still with enough body and punch.

May 27, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #56 of 6,090
Quote:
Ooh that's a banging mix mate.

Yeah I've really got high hopes for the Tenore. Hope the bass is less boomy than my soundmagics e10, but still with enough body and punch.

Yeah, you recommended him (amongst others - thanks!). His Rebooted Volume 2 is sounding really good as well - I'm trancing/tripping out at around the 14 minute mark..
biggrin.gif

Edit: now listening to his 4 Seasons Rebooted track, and it really gives a good feel for how finely detailed the treble can be in trance music. Micro-details baby! I think the Basso's are doing a great job of pulling out those details, but the tenores should do an awesome job.

May 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #57 of 6,090
Yeah, you recommended him (amongst others - thanks!). His Rebooted Volume 2 is sounding really good as well - I'm trancing/tripping out at around the 14 minute mark.. :D

Edit: now listening to his 4 Seasons Rebooted track, and it really gives a good feel for how finely detailed the treble can be in trance music. Micro-details baby! I think the Basso's are doing a great job of pulling out those details, but the tenores should do an awesome job.

Ah nice, yeah the treble should be the key awesomeness in the Tenores. Hope micro detail is their party piece. :D

Btw if you wanna test micro detail retrieval try this track:

Airbase - Escape (Original Mix)

Really sad melody but it's still one of my fav ever!

May 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #58 of 6,090
Got my Carbo Bassos today! I'm not much of an audiophile as I don't have a lot to compare them to, but these are so much better than my FX101s it's unbelievable. They are just better for all genres I listen to. Dubstep, rock, dance, trace, kpop, you name it. The bass extends pretty deep when required but when it's not at the forefront, it's still quite pleasant and not overpowering at all. Granted, these are more bassy than what the Carbon Tenores will be, but it leads to the sound being quite fun and non-fatiguing.

May 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #59 of 6,090
Congrats on the new arrival mate, and thanks for posting your impressions. I'll add them to the first post.

My Tenores seems to still be stuck in parcelforce customs. No idea what's going on, the tracking hasn't been updated today at all.

May 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #60 of 6,090
Quote:
Congrats on the new arrival mate, and thanks for posting your impressions. I'll add them to the first post.

My Tenores seems to still be stuck in parcelforce customs. No idea what's going on, the tracking hasn't been updated today at all.

That's just not right!

Quote:
Btw if you wanna test micro detail retrieval try this track:

Airbase - Escape (Original Mix)

Really sad melody but it's still one of my fav ever!

Right! I meant to get back to you about that yesterday. Awesome track. I then listened to all of the airbase stuff on soundcloud. Awesome artist! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back