1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread

First

Back
383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392
394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403
Next

Last
  1. Lurk650
    The only good LZ is the A2 which is discontinued. The current sub $40 hype is the Senfer 4in1

2. originalsnuffy
    I have a senfer and a cheaper Trinity on order. my comparison will be the carbo tenors and lz a2

3. Pastapipo
    If you have the Tenores, put some spiral dot tips on them and use them with the Zorloo ZuperDAC. The sound is fantastic!

4. ArnThor
    I bought the Carbo Basso a few weeks ago after Zero Audio's recent upsurge in popularity. It's always nice to have a spare set of buds. 

Here's my take/brief review after a few weeks of usage.

Fit: 
    - It's too easy to create a "vacuum" seal where the audio is muffled because the drivers don't get enough air to move freely. I've had this problem with another brand previously
    - In my ears they're always either a little too loose or too far into the ear canal.

Sound:
    - This was the biggest disappointment. It's got plenty of bass but it's very boomy. It doesn't feel very balanced or rich. It's a loud, deep but ultimately flat bass experience. I'm not sure if the tenors are any better. The overall soundscape is wide, but that doesn't mean it's enjoyable. Seems to lack separation when too much is going on at the same time.  

I have an alternative recommendation that in my experience blows these ones out of the water for the same price: the Sony MDR-EX450s. They go for around the same price, maybe slightly more. They have a very deep and quite punchy bass, rich soundscape, clear mids and highs and are overall a much more satisfying experience with all kinds of music. They have a design that sends the audio deep into your ear which results in a more organic sound, for lack of a better word. I've had mine for about two years now and nothing else comes close at the price point. 

5. Dreadnought
    Well, for now I bought a Jeecoo DZAT-DF10 wood IEM's since it was available on Massdrop which would be fun and also I'm in the mood for testing a wooden IEM and seeing the effects for myself. I'll sadly hold off the Tenore's until I find a better, more up to date earphone which actually has good build quality like the DZAT-DF10.

6. Lurk650

MusicMaker TKH1

20160917_111532.jpg

7. originalsnuffy
    If you are looking for a nice alternative to the Carbo Tenore at only a modest step up in price; I would suggest looking at the Trinity Vyrus.  I have both of these now and I am very impressed with what Trinity has done.

8. Grayson73
    Anyone order the new Zero Bass or Carbo Mezzo?

9. Lurk650
    Any way to buy the new gear via English sites?

10. AudioAw2015

Going to pick them up later at the post office. Should i start a new thread for them?

rambomhtri likes this.
  11. rambomhtri
    I don't know what happened, but suddenly, since September, the Carbo Tenores cost in Europe $80 or even more. They cost $50 or less 2 months ago...

12. drbluenewmexico

yes!! thank you!

13. Raketen

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    rambomhtri likes this.
  14. rambomhtri
    Damn, well, my Carbo Tenore's, after a year, got broken. I wanna buy them so bad, I've tried 2 different in-ear headphones I already had and man, I'm telling you, there so much difference in the comfort and sound quality that it's even annoying. I damn this thread, now I don't want any other headphone, I want Carbo Tenore's and only them.
    What can I do? :frowning2:((((((

15. Lurk650

Where did you buy them?

First

Back
383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392
394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403
Next

Last