Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 22, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #3,812 of 6,090
The seller was aware of the issues with Tenore, and has been happy with the purchase, and that makes me happy too.

Thanks for finally responding directly to the question. If by the above you mean "The seller buyer was aware of the issues I was having with the particular pair that I sold them", then everything's cool in my books.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #3,813 of 6,090

Thanks for finally responding directly to the question. If by the above you mean "The seller was aware of the issues I was having with the particular pair that I sold them", then everything's cool in my books.

Seller 
wink_face.gif
popcorn.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #3,814 of 6,090
If buyer or anyone else has problem with transaction he can take it to mods.Why discuss here?

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information

Maybe the sale was not over the FS forums, and this beyond the scope of mods? Not that I pretend to know how the magical laws of moderating work :blink:

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And scary Japanese movies.

I don't have to clear my name. This is a audio site for enthusiasts. This isn't some court of law, governed by some know it alls. First of all, the TTS thing is so vague and confusing, that the last 10-15 pages were spent trying to open up, diagnose, and sleuth out issues with Tenore, and essentially coming up empty for any real answers, and this after someone was kind enough to open up a pair and report the findings with pictures. As for who I sold the old pair to, they were well aware of the issues going on with Tenore, and in fact got a bassy pair, and wanted a reference pair. I have a 100% money back guarantee, and the buyer hasn't reported a single issue with TTS, which nobody can make definitive heads or tails of, and has only told me my pair was definitely less bassy than his, and more reference. The issues I had were intermittent, baffling, and very well would have been from source, sweat, or tip selection? Nobody seems to know, and anything I experienced, has not been experienced by the buyer. Those Tenore sold were immaculate of condition, with like new accessories, and aside from my experience of intermittent volume loss ect, the drivers were in perfect working order. Not like I sold them with a shorted driver. The seller was aware of the issues with Tenore, and has been happy with the purchase, and that makes me happy too.

Now...whoever wants to order Tenore, white rabbit seems the way to go.

Just to be clear before we move on:

Only on your wording, this statement indicates that either you assumed the buyer knew of issues with Tenores in general based on your discussions with him, or he represented that he knew of issues with Tenores in general, not necessarily that you experienced issues with your Tenores.

Edit: Wayne you beat me to it lol.

If this is incorrect, I'll gladly edit this away once you edit your wording.

The community looks out for the good of the community, it's only natural.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #3,815 of 6,090
If buyer or anyone else has problem with transaction he can take it to mods.Why discuss here?

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information

We all have seen threads being locked when they go OT.

It's just looking out for others. This is the place to discuss tenore sales and where to avoid buying tenors would fall under that. I agree that at a minimum it sounded very much like the tenores were sold to someone who wasn't informed that the seller had experienced volume loss, etc. guarantee or not, the buyer should be informed of potential issues, that's all people are saying.

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #3,817 of 6,090
Then everything is cool. MuZo2 has a great point as well. I like this thread. Don't want it locked. Seen threads locked for much less , plus I like the fellas who frequent this thread. Informative and helpful, as I feel I've helped others here as well?

I think I'm a dynamic driver type guy anyways? Despite the TF10 being my first BA IEM, and remembering back to the wonderment and awe coming from 2 years with the Sennheiser CX300 II and a month with the SOUL by Ludacris and the abhorrent Klipsch S4. I first peeked into headfi, and read about mid-fi, hi-fi, and TOTL, and didn't realize there were these amazing gears you could purchase outside of Best Buy, and the TF10 was getting all the rage despite fit issues. I took the dive and I was in another world for a few weeks, then I heard about HiFiMan, VSonic, and Audio Technica, and took a deep breath and sold my TF10 and bought the VSonic GR07BE, and that led me to dozens and dozens of other discoveries, including my unfortunate foray into customs with Ultimate Ears, and finally realizing the Zero Audio Tenore are my preferred sound signature above all others. :)

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #3,818 of 6,090
Update: My ex-bassy pair is now my new reference pair of Tenores, and a noticeable improvement over my two other "near-reference" pairs.
smile_phones.gif

I've been experimenting with different kinds of damping material behind the back vent, and here are my conclusions:

- It's damn hard to attach anything securely to this tiny vent, and that's most likely where the Tenore's QC issues arise from.
- Anything less than a 100% perfectly attached stock foam damper will inevitably result in a "bassy" pair.
- Accidentally blocking that vent (e.g. with hot glue) will result in a "bass light" pair.
- To get closer to reference than my "near reference" pairs, denser material than stock foam was needed.
- I got best results with a small piece of high-density styrofoam (white), and some earplug foam (yellow) in the back cavity to keep the former securely in place.
- The result sounds a smidgen less bassy than my "near-reference" pairs below 40Hz, and noticeably tighter due to less bass reverb.

(@LanceP11: all this has nothing to do with TTS, which btw I believe may be related to moisture condensation.)

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,819 of 6,090
I tried to go the Tenso route but it was a little too confusing. Especially with the identity verification stuff.

I got my quote from WRE but I'm not sure I did it right. The grand total was $50 USD + an unknown amount of duties and shipping to Canada (any info on this?).

At this price it seems better and cheaper to just order from eBay- are the ones from there known to have the issues?

This one, for example, is cheaper and I don't have to go through WRE/Tenso

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #3,820 of 6,090

I've been experimenting with different kinds of damping material behind the back vent, and here are my conclusions:

- I got best results with a small piece of high-density styrofoam (white), and some earplug foam (yellow) in the back cavity to keep the former securely in place.
- The result sounds a smidgen less bassy than my "near-reference" pairs below 40Hz, and noticeably tighter due to less bass reverb.

That sounds ideal (pun intended 
biggrin.gif
) especially the part about reverb, thank's James! Now i have to try this with one of my pairs.

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #3,821 of 6,090
I tried to go the Tenso route but it was a little too confusing. Especially with the identity verification stuff.

I got my quote from WRE but I'm not sure I did it right. The grand total was $50 USD + an unknown amount of duties and shipping to Canada (any info on this?).

At this price it seems better and cheaper to just order from eBay- are the ones from there known to have the issues?

This one, for example, is cheaper and I don't have to go through WRE/Tenso

This kinda reminds me of the Pistons dilemma. There were all these trustworthy headfi'ers telling others just where to go to get authentic Pistons, and people STILL ended up going the eBay route to try and save a couple bucks. They ended up getting fakes. $50 is a good price for a working pair of Tenore. Heck, even $60.00 would be a fair price. I paid $54.00 through white rabbit express with all the charges, shipping ect. That's about what I paid for my Tenore through eBay. WRE has been providing quality Tenore to quite a few here, including myself, so just go with WRE. Why risk it for a few bucks? Not worth it to me.

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #3,822 of 6,090
Update: My ex-bassy pair is now my new reference pair of Tenores, and a noticeable improvement over my two other "near-reference" pairs. :smile_phones:

- It's damn hard to attach anything securely to this tiny vent, and that's most likely where the Tenore's QC issues arise from.
- Anything less than a 100% perfectly attached stock foam damper will inevitably result in a "bassy" pair.
- Accidentally blocking that vent (e.g. with hot glue) will result in a "bass light" pair.
- To get closer to reference than my "near reference" pairs, denser material than stock foam was needed.

(@LanceP11
: all this has nothing to do with TTS, which btw I believe may be related to moisture condensation.)

Awesome. I'm so doing this on my slightly bassier pair to try and achieve perfect levels... Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back