Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem
May 20, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #811 of 854
Hey Guys.

I cant Decide!

Should I Order the Duozas or Doppio from Zero Audio?

My Preference:

At most, I Love Natural intimate Vocals and Airy Lifelike Music without having Dark Sounding, Love To Hear nice Instruments, which are presented in their Natural way.

What is not so Important is the Lowend, I prefer Low Bass more than Kick Bass, but in General not so Prominent Lowend, more the Upper Registers :wink:.

I had the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10, which were really Bright in Sounding, that was Nice, but I missed the Intimacy of Vocals somtimes.

I never had the doppio but the duoza ticks all the boxes of your description. In fact I had preferred my duoza over my first ciems at the time, the Earwerkz Legend Omega. The seductive intimate vocals was important and still is today (which my Empire Zeus now does wonderfully) ^^

May 20, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #813 of 854
I had them more than a year and I never once considered them warm sounding like those JVC woodies. Duoza is very real, natural yet transparent. But not forward and bright so may not be what you love. I found the Truth and some ATs lively and bright just to give a frame of reference.

May 21, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #815 of 854
The Tenore sounds thinner so in that sense the Duoza is fuller and less bright. Haven't heard the UE though. Interesting that you like bright SQ. Isnt it hard on the ears?

May 22, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #818 of 854
I like it, when the Music can Play at the Highest Frequencies, to give Air and it feels so clear and Lively, when the In Ears are on the Brighter Side.

It shouldnt be really Bright, only on the Brighter Side, to give that Airy Feeling.

Dark In Ears sound for me not Detailed, like Cheap Sound, its not really Detailed and natural.

May 22, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #821 of 854
Twister3 Reviewed the DuoZa as a Warmish In Ear, do u agree?

I have Tenore and it is too warm for me, I Hope the Douza arent that warm in Sounding..Love Bright Crispy Music.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you think the Tenore is too warm I wouldn't recommend the Duoza.

To my ears they are pretty warm, although at the same time they have a much more realistic timbre than the Tenores. A full and rich yet natural sound.

Jul 12, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #823 of 854
I don't know if anyone will read this, but I have a neat story to tell.

The other day I noticed one of my pairs of IEM were missing: I couldn't find my Duozas anywhere. I love them; they're important to me. I searched everywhere at home, in both of our cars, etc. Gone. Then, today, I pulled a pair of cargo shorts out of my dryer and felt something wadded up in the pocket.

Uh-oh . . . Yup, it was my Duozas—still in their fabric bag.

I hadn't just washed and dried them, either. I've been very lazy lately, and had started this load of laundry about five days ago. I'd washed the clothes and let them sit for too long, so I'd washed them again to prevent mildew. Then I'd dried them, but hadn't pulled them out of the dryer—so they got wrinkled. I'd set the dryer to steam the wrinkles out . . . and let them sit for too long, again! This went on for days.

By the time I'd found them, my Duozas had been through a full wash twice and no fewer than FOUR steam cycles in my dryer, on top of the first heat cycle. There's no way they would survive that, right? Fully submerged in soap and water, banging around in a washing machine ought to kill anything even remotely electronic. Surely the heat from the dryer and the constant exposure to moisture from the steam would finish the job!

Nope. They work perfectly. Absolutely perfectly, in both channels. In fact, when I put them on to test them out they were still so hot from the dryer that they were warming my temples. And the only thing different about them is that the rubber from my SpinFits is so warm that they've stretched a bit and no longer fit snugly.

These things are built like ********* tanks! Holy cow, ZA; you guys are AMAZING!

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #824 of 854
  I don't know if anyone will read this, but I have a neat story to tell.

The other day I noticed one of my pairs of IEM were missing: I couldn't find my Duozas anywhere. I love them; they're important to me. I searched everywhere at home, in both of our cars, etc. Gone. Then, today, I pulled a pair of cargo shorts out of my dryer and felt something wadded up in the pocket.

Uh-oh . . . Yup, it was my Duozas—still in their fabric bag.

I hadn't just washed and dried them, either. I've been very lazy lately, and had started this load of laundry about five days ago. I'd washed the clothes and let them sit for too long, so I'd washed them again to prevent mildew. Then I'd dried them, but hadn't pulled them out of the dryer—so they got wrinkled. I'd set the dryer to steam the wrinkles out . . . and let them sit for too long, again! This went on for days.

By the time I'd found them, my Duozas had been through a full wash twice and no fewer than FOUR steam cycles in my dryer, on top of the first heat cycle. There's no way they would survive that, right? Fully submerged in soap and water, banging around in a washing machine ought to kill anything even remotely electronic. Surely the heat from the dryer and the constant exposure to moisture from the steam would finish the job!

Nope. They work perfectly. Absolutely perfectly, in both channels. In fact, when I put them on to test them out they were still so hot from the dryer that they were warming my temples. And the only thing different about them is that the rubber from my SpinFits is so warm that they've stretched a bit and no longer fit snugly.

These things are built like ********* tanks! Holy cow, ZA; you guys are AMAZING!

Waterproof! Good to know! My usual fear is the weak point where the cables connect to the drivers. I put glue there to offer some resistance against pullling force. But sounds like there's no need given what yours went through.

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #825 of 854

Waterproof! Good to know! My usual fear is the weak point where the cables connect to the drivers. I put glue there to offer some resistance against pullling force. But sounds like there's no need given what yours went through.

I've never felt like the Duozas had any weak points, per se, in terms of build quality. The housings are massive and bulletproof and the cord is my absolute favorite out of my entire IEM collection. I've never had any concerns about the strain reliefs, either; but yeah, at this point I think it's safe to say that you just might be able to set them on fire five or six times and use them afterward.

I'd just wait for them to cool before use, because the shells do retain a bit of heat. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back