Zen Vision: M battery life
Jun 9, 2007 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Brat_Boy

Head-Fier
My Zen Micro broke after going through the wash (slap self), so I'm getting a new player. Best Buy is sending me a voucher for the value of my Micro (they actually made good on the warranty!), and I'm thinking of getting a Zen Vision: M, since I don't like the Zune or iPod too much (and their selection is small). But I'm wondering: how long does the Vision: M's battery last before it dies? My Micro had plenty of power after a year and a half of use, but I've never had a player without a removable battery. And when it does run out, how much would Creative charge to replace it (or would they be sending a new player)?

Jun 10, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 6
per charge, you recharge the battery using USB or a optionally purchased wall plug(preferred), the Zen Vision:M lasts about 14 hours.

If the battery no longer kept a charge you could replace the battery yourself. I have no idea what Creative might charge.

One note if you do get the ZVM, and it is a nice DAP, let it charge at least 8 hours on a PC that doesn't go into sleep mode or buy a wall plug.

Jun 10, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the replies. But what I was actually asking is how long the battery will keep its juice; ie, until the player dies from an unusable battery. This would probably take years, but I'm just curious. Somehow the thought of a non-removable battery makes me edgy.

Edit: On the topic of ZVM, does anyone know how soon its successor will be out? I've been hearing speculation on anywhere from 1-6 months.

Jun 6, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 6
i know this is a very old thread :L3000:...but i have a slight problem i bought a vision m with a battery that wont hold its charge ..i got a new battery from ebay put it into vision m left it to charge for about an hour i was expecting it to hold a charge at least but it does not with the new battery any suggestions? ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back