Zen Micro earbuds or the Iriver stock Earbuds (MX 400).
Mar 9, 2005 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Mr Iriver

1000+ Head-Fier
My friend just got his first Mp3 player. He wants to know which are the better earbuds. The problem is he won't pay more than $15 for earphones. Which pair would sound better the Zen Micro earbuds, or the Senn MX400 earphones?
Thanks in advance.

Mar 9, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 14
my mx300s sound better than the micro earbuds. nothing huge, but the micro buds have a more prominant midbass hump while the senn's have a more balanced, fuller sound. when I get home I can listen to them again, but that's my recollection from the one time I listened to the micro buds.

creative should be ashamed of those blatant ipod ripoff's anyway.

Mar 9, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 14
And how is ipod original? Learn your infomation first, and Creative's stuff are nothing like the apple's. I dont know where did you get your comments from.

Mar 9, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by st4r0c3an
And how is ipod original? Learn your infomation first, and Creative's stuff are nothing like the apple's. I dont know where did you get your comments from.

Interface?
Touch/Click wheel controls?
Making it look good, as opposed to the regulation black and monstrously huge design?

GEE I DONT KNOW.
etysmile.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by st4r0c3an

lol, what the hell are you talking about?
Seems to me this thread is about the zen micro earbuds, which are pretty much blatant ripoffs of the ipod earbuds. take your ipod debate elsewhere, and don't lecture me.

Mar 10, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 14
Alright, I listened to them and reconfirmed my earlier thoughts. The micro's are all mids and midbass, with some faint hollow sounding treble. The mx300s (and i assume mx400s) sound much much better. Much.

Mar 10, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #10 of 14
That is strange. Mines came with the MX400. I don't use them though as my E3s destroy them.
Does anybody else know how the MX400 and the Zen micro buds compare?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 10, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #11 of 14
The Creative buds are horrible, worse than the average stock earbud. The MX400 is way better than the Creative buds.

I think the Creative buds are from a generic line, since I've seen other DAPs bundled with the same bud (minus the Creative logo).

How did Creative rip off the Apple buds? By using the colour white ((c) Apple)?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back