ZEN by DUNU: our first model designed around next-generation driver platform ECLIPSƎ
Feb 10, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #991 of 1,326
I didn't mean to the EST112. Dunu is planning to make more models with the ECLIPS3 shell, the shell of the Zen. It is written in the post some where at the start..

The EST 112 will not use an ECLIPSƎ driver. We wanted to make sure the EST 112 fit under a certain price bracket, and using such a driver would put it over that price bracket. Our next ECLIPSƎ model will be either the FALCON or TITAN successor. Neither will use the DK-style shells. It may be some time before we have another DK-style shell model with an ECLIPSƎ driver inside.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Feb 10, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #992 of 1,326
The EST 112 will not use an ECLIPSƎ driver. We wanted to make sure the EST 112 fit under a certain price bracket, and using such a driver would put it over that price bracket. Our next ECLIPSƎ model will be either the FALCON or TITAN successor. Neither will use the DK-style shells. It may be some time before we have another DK-style shell model with an ECLIPSƎ driver inside.
Worthy information! Thanks Dunu.

Feb 10, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #993 of 1,326
I'd love to see something with the TITAN form factor that uses the ECLIPSE driver (and the ZEN's tuning). :ksc75smile:

giphy10.gif

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #994 of 1,326
ZEN 1A 1A.mk 2.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #995 of 1,326
Thanks for information!
I will ask it straight - There will be 400-500$ model? Sooner or later?
It seems that the Falcon will be around 200-300$, right?
My budget for my next IEM is around 450$, must understand if keep saving or any chance for 450$ Zen style IEM
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #997 of 1,326
Feb 10, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #998 of 1,326
Interestingly enough, there is always a learning trajectory about tips. The first days are coming to terms with what could be an expected and justified understanding of a somewhat early and precarious idea of end sound goals and how they can be realized with said tips.

Yet after trial and error, listening time and retrospective thoughts...........a sound signature may become newly understood, thus past tips which were thought of as inadequate.......could in fact be gold.

As during this journey the sound of the IEM is not referenced to what its true abilities would be. The new IEM is categorically in reference to the understood and confirmed sound reality of what has been before. In this regard the new IEM is not yet standing in and of itself in a listeners understanding. Later as days and weeks pass the IEM emerges just like an employee after the 90 days trial period upon first employed. At the 90 day point the company feels the employee has now shown true character as well as interacted with fellow employees and reached a firm placement into the mix of what could be expected of them.

The IEM is no different in this regard.......as time has an aspect which furthers investigative ideas and realizations of sonic truths.

So due to these concepts the tips that may have been used the first days can be revisited and heard with new ears. And in fact in this regard the IEM IS being heard truly for the first time. All the expectation bias and “new toy” delusional thought process are finally over. It’s now “it is what it is time” and at this time there is an element of sophistication in hearing where the final tips may be found. In this regard the older used tips were simply stepping stones to the present perception. After having read people talk about the included black tips to be like the XBA Sony series of Silicone Hybrid tips, I went and revisited them. I could kind of see people at DUNU trying tips and maybe thInking that the Sony Hybrids may offer something, thus emulating them and putting copies in the box with the ZEN. How true this is, who knows? But the Sony Hybrids are pretty good at this point and better than I thought in the first days?

4130A943-EAEA-484B-B6FA-BCFE9FCA3340.jpeg

With the above taken into account, the ZEN is now maybe sounding superior? I think so?

Whatever it is it is amazing at this point in time. :)

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #999 of 1,326
Interestingly enough, there is always a learning trajectory about tips. The first days are coming to terms with what could be an expected and justified understanding of a somewhat early and precarious idea of end sound goals and how they can be realized with said tips.

Yet after trial and error, listening time and retrospective thoughts...........a sound signature may become newly understood, thus past tips which were thought of as inadequate.......could in fact be gold.

As during this journey the sound of the IEM is not referenced to what its true abilities would be. The new IEM is categorically in reference to the understood and confirmed sound reality of what has been before. In this regard the new IEM is not yet standing in and of itself in a listeners understanding. Later as days and weeks pass the IEM emerges just like an employee after the 90 days trial period upon first employed. At the 90 day point the company feels the employee has now shown true character as well as interacted with fellow employees and reached a firm placement into the mix of what could be expected of them.

The IEM is no different in this regard as time has an aspect which furthers investigative ideas and realizations of sonic truths.

So due to these concepts the tips that may have been used the first days can be revisited and heard with new ears. And in fact in this regard the IEM IS being heard truly for the first time. All the expectation bias and “new toy” delusional thought process are finally over. It’s now “it is what it is time” and at this time there is an element of sophistication in hearing where the final tips may be found. In this regard the older used tips were simply stepping stones to the present perception. After having read people talk about the included black tips to be like the XBA Sony series of Silicone Hybrid tips, I went and revisited them. I could kind of see people at DUNU trying tips and maybe thInking that the Sony Hybrids may offer something, thus emulating them and putting copies in the box with the ZEN. How true this is, who knows? But the Sony Hybrids are pretty good at this point and better than I thought in the first days?

After a lot of going back and forth with pretty much all the tips I have with me.(Sony Hybrids, Xelastecs, Final E tips, Final TWS E tips *these are shorter and have a wider bore compared to the normal ones, ADV Eartune Fidelity U, SpiralDots, SpinFits, etc.)I went back to the included clear tips in the hard plastic case.

I truly believe that DUNU has done quite a bit of research on the tips and packed the ones they believe would work the best with the ZEN.

But tips I choose are all different from IEM to IEM. I didn’t think that the tips would make a difference in the beginning but now... I always have to tip roll whenever a new IEM comes along my way.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #1,000 of 1,326

The IEM is no different in this regard.......as time has an aspect which furthers investigative ideas and realizations of sonic truths.

4130A943-EAEA-484B-B6FA-BCFE9FCA3340.jpeg

With the above taken into account, the ZEN is now maybe sounding superior? I think so?

Whatever it is it is amazing at this point in time. :)
Very true. I really like the black tips. Warms up the mids nicely. I use black tips from NF audio. They sound amazing. So much so I have not even thought about trying to change them. After reading your thesis I may now go on a voyage of discovery 🧐

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #1,001 of 1,326
Very true. I really like the black tips. Warms up the mids nicely. I use black tips from NF audio. They sound amazing. So much so I have not even thought about trying to change them. After reading your thesis I may now go on a voyage of discovery 🧐

81D7C78C-0F2C-425F-95F9-F2FB75D31328.jpeg

From what I understand the original Hybrid tips came with the MDR-EX1000? Still I have never seen that. The ones I have are from the XBA-Z5, N3, 100. So I have three sets. They are sold aftermarket but are possibly discontinued? The IER-Z1R are supplied with clear Silicone Sony Hybrid, but they sound different. The IER-M7 and M9 I’m told also have the clear ones. I would guess it’s EP-EX11? Never tried them.........though they look the part?

Yes, I’m kind of on a Biblical tip schedule as in the review I thought that tips don’t do much, now I think the opposite. The review was chapter one, Genesis. So much more to learn?

Don’t get confused by Sony Triple Comfort Tips as they are actually foam but look like the Hybrid Silicone. Also the Sony Clear Silicone and Black Silicone are both Silicone. Also note I think the EX-1000 came with two different ones. One set had foam inside and one not.

SML with foam to the right. I have not used those before?

699E52E2-7C61-4B10-B577-1C1834FD66BE.png

13D9A2DA-6DFD-47D1-874B-22D0DD61FB6D.png

The EP-EX11 look original, that would be it I think? I would order EP-EX11 tips?

But these below are obviously fake as the color doesn’t match, they are just suggested aftermarket.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Earbuds-Eartips-Earphone-Headsets/dp/B00D0EXM0S

Below is the Triple Comforts, which you don’t want.

406F5A45-B133-447C-8F0E-7F9F0100BF91.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #1,002 of 1,326
81D7C78C-0F2C-425F-95F9-F2FB75D31328.jpeg

From what I understand the original Hybrid tips came with the MDR-EX1000? Still I have never seen that. The ones I have are from the XBA-Z5, N3, 100. So I have three sets. They are sold aftermarket but are possibly discontinued? The IER-Z1R are supplied with clear Silicone Sony Hybrid, but they sound different. The IER-M7 and M9 I’m told also have the clear ones. I would guess it’s EP-EX11? Never tried them.........though they look the part?

Yes, I’m kind of on a Biblical tip schedule as in the review I thought that tips don’t do much, now I think the opposite. The review was chapter one, Genesis. So much more to learn?

Don’t get confused by Sony Triple Comfort Tips as they are actually foam but look like the Hybrid Silicone. Also the Sony Clear Silicone and Black Silicone are both Silicone. Also note I think the EX-1000 came with two different ones. One set had foam inside and one not.

SML with foam to the right. I have not used those before?

699E52E2-7C61-4B10-B577-1C1834FD66BE.png

13D9A2DA-6DFD-47D1-874B-22D0DD61FB6D.png

The EP-EX11 look original, that would be it I think? I would order EP-EX11 tips?

But these below are obviously fake as the color doesn’t match, they are just suggested aftermarket.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Earbuds-Eartips-Earphone-Headsets/dp/B00D0EXM0S

Below is the Triple Comforts, which you don’t want.

406F5A45-B133-447C-8F0E-7F9F0100BF91.jpeg

ive found the hybrids best for my Z5s - your assessment versus the triple comfort is spot on.
It does sound as if Dunu has given the tips (and cable) a good deal of thought.

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #1,003 of 1,326
I started with grey stock tips, then Sony hybrids, Final E tips, back to stock with both grey and white, now on stock foam - mostly due to my new NW-WM1A, a bit bright initially and this tip combo is softening up and giving a very nice balance. I have the Spinfit CP145 on the way, look forward to trying them too. Tip journey certainly not concluded anyway!

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #1,004 of 1,326
I started with grey stock tips, then Sony hybrids, Final E tips, back to stock with both grey and white, now on stock foam - mostly due to my new NW-WM1A, a bit bright initially and this tip combo is softening up and giving a very nice balance. I have the Spinfit CP145 on the way, look forward to trying them too. Tip journey certainly not concluded anyway!

If you move to “J” region and some of those MrWalkman firmwares that brightness starts to go away. For me anyway......stock was just almost not listenable with the 1A. Since custom region and firmware, I have 1500 hours so far?

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #1,005 of 1,326
If you move to “J” region and some of those MrWalkman firmwares that brightness starts to go away. For me anyway......stock was just almost not listenable with the 1A. Since custom region and firmware, I have 1500 hours so far?

Yes I moved to J early this week, I'm going to wait till about 100 hours and then try custom firmware. A little while to go still...

20210211_145349.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back