Yurbuds + Yuin PK3 = Best sounding Earbuds for a reasonable price
Nov 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

swanlee

500+ Head-Fier
Ok so last year I bought some Yurbud adapters for my IEM's. for those that don't know these are fitted earbud adapters, that act like semi custom earpieces. They are pretty cheap. You take a pic of an earbud in your ear upload the photo to their website and they size you according to that photo. These are made for earbuds but they have adapters for IEM's as well. so i tried them  with my IEM's and they sounded horrible this just does not work well with IEM's. I've had a pair of Yuin's for awhile and use them with my pc for casual listening but for my main portable rig I have been  using Hippo Vb's and have been happy with them. But as stated the yurbds did not work with them so I just put them away and chalked it up a loss.

Well  this week I got curious as to how they would sound with my Yuin's on  my SFLO:2 and was completely amazed at how well they work and now how good the Yuin's sound. Hippo's are known as bass kings but the Yuin's with the Yurbuds blow it away. The best way I can describe the sound now is the Yuin's sound more like full sized cans then IEM's or earbuds. The overall SQ blows away the Hippo VB's which to this point I was VERY VERY happy with, and in turn blows away any IEM I have ever heard and I have heard alot of them the last IEM's I used for a good period of time were the Atrio M5 and the Super FI EB both known for serious bass but pale in comparison to the Yurbud\Yuin combo.

With this new discovery I think the Yurbuds can be used to great effect on even higher end Earbuds. I'm probably going to order some Blox TM5's when  they start production again in  a couple of weeks. i got an  email back from them stating this.

I cannot overstate how much these little yurbuds improve the sound of normal earbuds they really give you a full sized headphone feel without killing the highs and mids these  are improved to. 

The total cost for these Yuin's and the Yurbuds would be around 70-80$ the yurbuds are 30$ by themselves. For the price I cannot imagine a better sounding earbud\ iem. The yurbuds make earbuds into a kind of IEM.

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 8
Don't sell this combo short guys. The potential here is amazing, the Blox earbuds will hopefully sound even better then  the yuin's. These little yurbuds ad a ton of sound quality and fix the inherent issue with earbuds while provided a better fit and sounding better than IEM's

Dec 5, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 8
you've persuaded me. i just ordered a pair XP! i got a pair of PK3 for my birthday last week and i should be getting my PK1 repaired soon so i am quite interested in these. from what i've read, these seem to be a perfect fit for the yuin pk line. i used the pk1 for nearly a year before the chord got messed up, and i believe that these buds would have a lot more to offer with a custom tip like the yurbuds. plus i got the pk3 for running since i recently decided to run a marathon, and these should be perfect for that as well haha :).

PS these are only $20 now, and there's a coupon code floating around for free shipping. I dunno if the price went down or something, but I know they sell the tips with whatever cheap earbuds for $30, or just the tips for $20.

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 8
Hi Swanlee,

I am using Pk1 (probably same size with Pk3) and want to order a pair of Yurbuds tips, can you tell me the size of your yurbuds? 

I am not in US and I buy via amazon.

Thanks a lot.

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 8
OMG. Thank you for suggesting this combo. Just got both the PK3 and a set of Yurbud tips in the mail today and WOW. The PK3 hasnt even burned in yet and they sound phenomenal for this price range (PK3 $38 + $20 Yurbud tips). I personally hate the feel of IEMs in-canal style tips, they hurt my ears. At home and office I have a Senn HD25-1 II powered by a cmoybb which i love, but I am often on my road bicycle and i need something portable with good fit and sound. This means I can never enjoy a great pair of wonderful IEMs the people on this site recommend. So due to this reason, I purchase the Bose IE6 a couple of years back and because of great fit, i settled with its crappy, muddy, non-existant-mids type of sound. After spending $130 that piece of crap, it broke (just right after warranty expires). i gave up searching and got yurbuds tips on a stock iPhone headset. ::facepalm::

Truely, I thank you for suggesting this. My search is over.

Now if only I can muster up to buy a pk2 or pk1... Anyone here with PK1/2 + yurbud combo that can shed some light on how it sounds???

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 8
I use Yurbuds to tune down treble. Most of today's earbuds are somewhat too treble happy, Yurbuds work well. Some music become somewhat 'slow/flap', but not a big concern. If you think your earbuds sound good, almost 'there'; or, if you're feeling venture; you should try them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back