Yup, another noob in need of help...
Dec 1, 2008 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

1vh1

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, my "high end" set of earphones broke yesterday (Bose In-ear) so now I am stuck with my crappy running/biking set (Coby something or other). Anyway, I was looking at these Grado SR125 Headphones and they seem to fit my retro style looks wise. I was wondering how good do they sound compared to my Bose In-ear ones?

Oh yea, Feel free to recommend good headphones in the $150 area, thanks alot.

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 6
If you live anywhere near a city you should be able to find a Grado dealer and test out the whole line of Grado headphones.

Things to consider:

- the dealer will likely have an amplifier driving the headphones. Bring your iPod / music source to realistically test these.
- Grado headphones are very bright-sounding. When I listened to them was a revelation. I listened to a few songs including "Jerk it out" by Caesar's Palace and the Grados blew me away.
- these are also open headphones. This means that you will hear the outside sounds and the outside world will hear what you're playing
- Alessandro sells headphones made by Grado if you're looking for something a bit different.
- buy used from the classified section and save lots
- I listened to SR80 on my iPod and they were amazing. I think my iPod was too weak to drive any higher Grado models efficiently.

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 6
Grado open cans are not aeroplane cans. Too open. You want IEM's or closed for air travel. Get a nice pair of Grado SR-80's and a closed pair of cans or IEM for air travel. As I have a pair of AKG 271s, I'd be tempted to use them for air travel (they are a bit bulky). I'd take along an amp (Decware Zen Head) and rock on.

My favourite cans are Grado 325i. Not terribly portable and very open.
These stay at home all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back