YULONG DA-ART Aquila II, an Affordable 768kHz 4Watt All-in-One Performer
Sep 30, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #31 of 72
Yes, but in balanced output only. Not enough juice single-ended.

That's for sure, the HEDDphone is rated at 87 dB SPL for 1 mW , that's requires 10 times more power than headphones rated at 97dB SPL for 1 mW, that a very difficult load for single-ended even for full size desktop headphone amplifier.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 10, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #32 of 72
I have owned the YULONG DA-ART Aquila II for a couple weeks now and couldn't be more pleased with it based on my requirements of high quality sound in a bedside headphone only station. I have a dozen different headphone models to choose so it it came down to which pair was comfortable to lay on a pillow while wearing. The Hifiman Arya wins out for now. Music stored as FLAC resides on a 120TB rack-mounted file server running unRaid (Plex etc as well). Dedicated Roon ROCK on an Intel i7 NUC.

Equipment left to right, top to bottom
Allo USBridge Signature Player (Roon endpoint), iFi nano iGalvanic3.0, YULONG DA-ART Aquila II
Furman AC-215A Compact Power Conditioner, Allo Shanti Dual Linear Ultra Low Noise PSU

PXL_20201004_013917012.jpg

VR headset stand used for headphones. Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e for Roon remote.

PXL_20201004_013635280.jpg

Sounds exceptional using Roon. Even more so using Roon's built-in DSP function (runs on the ROCK rather than the client) to feed the Yulong Aquila II a high quality music stream.

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #33 of 72
I have owned the YULONG DA-ART Aquila II for a couple weeks now and couldn't be more pleased with it based on my requirements of high quality sound in a bedside headphone only station. I have a dozen different headphone models to choose so it it came down to which pair was comfortable to lay on a pillow while wearing. The Hifiman Arya wins out for now. Music stored as FLAC resides on a 120TB rack-mounted file server running unRaid (Plex etc as well). Dedicated Roon ROCK on an Intel i7 NUC.

Equipment left to right, top to bottom
Allo USBridge Signature Player (Roon endpoint), iFi nano iGalvanic3.0, YULONG DA-ART Aquila II
Furman AC-215A Compact Power Conditioner, Allo Shanti Dual Linear Ultra Low Noise PSU

VR headset stand used for headphones. Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e for Roon remote.

Sounds exceptional using Roon. Even more so using Roon's built-in DSP function (runs on the ROCK rather than the client) to feed the Yulong Aquila II a high quality music stream.

Thank you so much for your impression. We are excited to have users sharing their first hand experience. This is devil-grade bedside system, its look simple but you pay a lot of attention to find tune the system.

You use ROON to convert the 16Bit/44.1kHz FLAC to 32Bit/768kHz before feeding into Aquila II? So you really have maximized the Aquila II. We didn't test Aquila II with ROON officially, looks like it is fully compatible and maybe we should send an unit to ROON and test for the ROON ready status.

By the way, you have selected an open-back headphone for bedside application? For those who need to share their bedroom with a partner, maybe a closed-back works better, any suggestion to Aquali II users on close back headphone?

Oct 11, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #34 of 72
Thank you so much for your impression. We are excited to have users sharing their first hand experience. This is devil-grade bedside system, its look simple but you pay a lot of attention to find tune the system.

You use ROON to convert the 16Bit/44.1kHz FLAC to 32Bit/768kHz before feeding into Aquila II? So you really have maximized the Aquila II. We didn't test Aquila II with ROON officially, looks like it is fully compatible and maybe we should send an unit to ROON and test for the ROON ready status.

By the way, you have selected an open-back headphone for bedside application? For those who need to share their bedroom with a partner, maybe a closed-back works better, any suggestion to Aquali II users on close back headphone?
The Allo USBridge Signature Player acts as the Roon endpoint. Then the Allo acts as a USB input to the Aquila II. The Aquila II isn't aware of the Roon involvement, it just sees the music signal coming in via USB from the Allo.

As for open vs closed headphones in the bed, its a non issue for me as I sleep alone. I don't really have a suggestion for a closed back as I prefer open. Maybe a nice IEM to take advantage of that 4.4mm balanced output? :)

Oct 11, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #35 of 72
The Allo USBridge Signature Player acts as the Roon endpoint. Then the Allo acts as a USB input to the Aquila II. The Aquila II isn't aware of the Roon involvement, it just sees the music signal coming in via USB from the Allo.

As for open vs closed headphones in the bed, its a non issue for me as I sleep alone. I don't really have a suggestion for a closed back as I prefer open. Maybe a nice IEM to take advantage of that 4.4mm balanced output? :)

Certainly agree that open back is the way to go if we don't need to worry about isolation. Wander what other headphones have you tried with Aquila II in your setup?

Oct 26, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #36 of 72
Aquila II setup 012.jpg
Reviewer wanted: YULONG DA-ART Aquila II US and Canada Tour

Given the lack of audio shows in 2020, we decide to run an Aquila II tour in order to collect first-hand experience and constructive feedback from experienced users and connect with as many HeadFier as possible. To keep the logistic cost under control and minimize potential tax consequence, we'll only open to US and Canada reviewers at this stage. If you are outside this areas and is interested in trying our Aquila II, drop me a PM and I'll start a tour when there is 4-5 reviewers within the same area.

The detail of DA-ART Aquila II is well explained in the first two pages of this thread, so we can skp the introduction and go straight to the show arrangement.

Tour Schedule:
  • 26 October 2020: Tour Application Starts
  • 9 November 2020: Tour Application Ended
  • 11 November 2020: Tour Reviewers announced and start to collect mailing addresses.
  • 16 November 2020: Tour Sample will be sent to reviewers
How to Apply:

please reply to this thread and provide the following information:
  1. The city and country you are located.
  2. Audio equipment that you will be used in your DA-ART Aquila II audition
  3. Your current or previously owned DAC, headphone amplifier and headphones (if not listed in signature or HeadFi profile)
  4. Reviews on Audio products.
We'll check your HeadGear reviews under your forum profile, if you have published reviews on other media/platform or produce video review on Youtube, please provide additional information for our reference.

Logistic Arrangement:
  1. We shall group reviewers according to geographical locations and send a set of Aquila II to first reviewer on each group.
  2. Each tour reviewer is responsible for paying the shipping costs to the next tour reviewer, you can use ground mail to reduce the cost but please use trackable mailing service with signature required.
  3. The last reviewer in the list will be responsible to ship the combo to a designated address to conclude the tour. If the return address requires international shipping, YULONG will cover the mailing cost.
  4. YULONG will cover the import tax to the first reviewer.
Terms and instruction
  • By signing up to the tour, you are agreed to post a formal review within 14 days after your audition period, and YULONG can use your review for sales and marketing purposes.
  • The first reviewer of each group can keep the Tour sample for not more than 14 days, and reviewers after that can keep the Tour sample for not more than 10 days, please plan your audition and be prepared to ship the package on the 14th or 10th day of your audition period.
  • We are particularly interested with the associated electronics you used during the review, and is most appreciated if you can include photo of Aquila II with the headphones you used in your reviews
  • YULONG reserve the right on the selection, grouping and scheduling of reviewers in this tour.
Publication guideline

You have complete freedom to write up your sharing or impression as long as it represents your true feeling and opinions toward the product. Please state in your review that the DA-ART Aquila II is a free loan unit from YULONG, and you shall pass the unit to next reviewer or return the unit to YULONG at the end of your review period.

You can post your Aquila II review on HeadGear section of HeadFi forum. I shall start a group PM to reviewers in the same group, and we can keep each other updated in the PM, so there is no need to post the logistic information of the tour in this thread. You are welcome to post your open-box photo/video or short impression in this thread, and share your photo/review/impression to any social media or local Personal Audio forum/blog/magazine etc., but please keep us informed by providing the link of your writing in this thread or PM.

Aquila II black1.jpg

Aquila II white2.jpg

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #37 of 72
Oct 26, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #38 of 72
Aquila II setup 012.jpg

Given the lack of audio shows in 2020, we decide to run an Aquila II tour in order to collect first-hand experience and constructive feedback from experienced users and connect with as many HeadFier as possible. To keep the logistic cost under control and minimize potential tax consequence, we'll only open to US and Canada reviewers at this stage. If you are outside this areas and is interested in trying our Aquila II, drop me a PM and I'll start a tour when there is 4-5 reviewers within the same area.

The detail of DA-ART Aquila II is well explained in the first two pages of this thread, so we can skp the introduction and go straight to the show arrangement.

Tour Schedule:
  • 11 November 2019: Tour Reviewers announced and start to collect mailing addresses.
  • 16 September 2019: Tour Sample will be sent to reviewers
How to Apply:

2. Audio equipment that you will be used in your Rai Penta audition
  3. Your current or previously owned IEM or portable headphones
  4. Reviews on Personal Audio products.
We'll check your HeadGear reviews under your forum profile, if you have published reviews on other media/platform or produce video review on Youtube, please provide additional information for our reference.

Logistic Arrangement:
  1. We shall group reviewers according to geographical locations and send a set of Aquila II to first reviewer on each group.
  2. Each tour reviewer is responsible for paying the shipping costs to the next tour reviewer, you can use ground mail to reduce the cost but please use trackable mailing service with signature required.
  3. The last reviewer in the list will be responsible to ship the combo to a designated address to conclude the tour. If the return address requires international shipping, YULONG will cover the mailing cost.
Terms and instruction
  • By signing up to the tour, you are agreed to post a formal review within 14 days after your audition period, and YULONG can use your review for sales and marketing purposes.
  • The first reviewer of each group can keep the Tour sample for not more than 14 days, and reviewers after that can keep the Tour sample for not more than 10 days, please plan your audition and be prepared to ship the package on the 14th or 10th day of your audition period.
  • We are particularly interested with the associated electronics you used during the review, and is most appreciated if you can include photo of Aquila II with the headphones you used in your reviews
  • YULONG reserve the right on the selection, grouping and scheduling of reviewers in this tour.
Publication guideline

You have complete freedom to write up your sharing or impression as long as it represents your true feeling and opinions toward the product. Please state in your review that the DA-ART Aquila II is a free loan unit from YULONG, and you shall pass the unit to next reviewer or return the unit to YULONG at the end of your review period.

You can post your Aquila II review on HeadGear section of HeadFi forum. I shall start a group PM to reviewers in the same group, and we can keep each other updated in the PM, so there is no need to post the logistic information of the tour in this thread. You are welcome to post your open-box photo/video or short impression in this thread, and share your photo/review/impression to any social media or local Personal Audio forum/blog/magazine etc., but please keep us informed by providing the link of your writing in this thread or PM.

Aquila II black1.jpg
Aquila II white2.jpg

I'd also enjoy having a chance to hear and review this all in one, I've got mostly the same system except I'm running a Mjolnir Audio CCS Modded SRM 007tA and a Stax 009, I rather enjoy it for DAC reviews. An I've got an Ether CX as well that I enjoy on a lot of solid state amplifiers in addition to my HD 800 that I've had now for a while.

RME ADi-2 is still in the home as well for comparison.

Oct 26, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #39 of 72

Tour Schedule:
  • 11 November 2019: Tour Reviewers announced and start to collect mailing addresses.
  • 16 September 2019: Tour Sample will be sent to reviewers
How to Apply:

2. Audio equipment that you will be used in your Rai Penta audition
  3. Your current or previously owned IEM or portable headphones
  4. Reviews on Personal Audio products.

Logistic Arrangement:
Terms and instruction
Publication guideline

I am interested in reviewing the DA-ART Aquila II.
I live in Warrensburg, MO, USA
I will use the Aquila II with my Audeze LCD-3, ZMF Eikon and Empire Ears Legend X, and possibly the Noble Sultan/Fir Audio M5 if still on hand. Hooked to my MBP and Shanling M6 Pro as well as Cayin N6ii should suffice.
Comparisons to my iFi Pro iDSD, XDuoo TA-30 and Little Dot mk3 se should help, as well as various specialty cables.

My blog (which sees the same reviews as HeadFi) is: https://ngoshawksounds.blog/

Thank you, Andy!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #40 of 72
I am interested in reviewing the DA-ART Aquila II!

1. I live in Brooklyn, New York USA
  2. Will be using Hifiman Arya, Black Dragon Cable, Custom Valkyrie and Unique Melody MEST with Leonidas II cable for review.
  3. Current and previous equipment:

Current: A&K SP1000M, UM MEST, EE Valkyrie custom, EA Leonidas II, RHA CL2, Fiio BTR5, Hifiman Arya, Questyle CMA 400i, Black Dragon copper cable..

Old:
A&K SPK2000cu, SR-25, SR-15, 2x's SE100, SP1000M, PWAudio 1950s, EA Eros II, EA Cleopatra, PWAudio Limited, CA AndromedaSS, Xelento, Shure 215, 315, 425, 535, 846, ER4XR, Nuforce NE700M. Sony WM-1A, Pono, A&K Jr., FIIOs X7 Mark II, M11 Pro, Plussound SPC 4.4, AOL Litz.

4. My previous Review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/unique-melody-mest.24182/reviews#item-review-23689

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #42 of 72
Hello and good morning everyone. I'd like to throw my name in the hat, if I may, for I'd really like to try out this beauty.

1. The city and country you are located. Concord, NC. USA
  2. Audio equipment that you will be used in your DA-ART Aquila II audition. Oppo PM-1, Sennheiser HD-650 & 660S, Empire Ears Hermes VI
  3. Your current or previously owned DAC, headphone amplifier and headphones (if not listed in signature or HeadFi profile). They should be listed in my profile but I'll gladly supply the list (fairly long) if not.
  4. Reviews on Audio products. I've done several reviews over the years. Each of which can be found on my YouTube channel with their corresponding written review linked in the respective description.
Naturally, I agree to the terms set forth by the tour. Additionally, I sincerely appreciate the opportunity provided for us to experience this rather impressive piece of equipment.

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #43 of 72
Oct 27, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #44 of 72
Count me in. Looking forward to joining the tour.

Oct 27, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #45 of 72
I'm interested

Vancouver BC, Canada
All my equipment is listed on my page but includes LCD3, HE1000 Ether Flow1.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back