Yuin
May 4, 2008 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Yoloni

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a Denon AH-C551 and I like it. I would also like to know all the tips that fit the Denon's and links. But, I want a normal earbud like the Apple Earbuds, so I could insert them much quickly and don't worry about them falling out as much easily. I want them also, so I could hear things around me. After trying the Denon's, my Apple Earbuds sound like crap, and I can't stand listening to them. So I want some Yuin's. There are many types and I really can't find reviews on other sites. I haven't seen any websites that sell them. I want Yuin's with the more cheaper price. May be the lower models. I would also like to know other earbuds that are as good.

May 4, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #10 of 14
someone recently opened a thread about a cheap JVC earbud that sounds like his PK2. i think it was a JVC HA-F130, but i'm not sure. check that... i think it only costs like 15$. the world of earbuds has developed since the Yuin line came out, and now there are cheaper alternatives.

May 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #11 of 14
"I went the iem route with the re2's."
What?

Are amps big? I'm using it with my iPod touch. Do they drain battery life or anything? What is a good portable amp?

May 4, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by woopididi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone recently opened a thread about a cheap JVC earbud that sounds like his PK2. i think it was a JVC HA-F130, but i'm not sure. check that... i think it only costs like 15$. the world of earbuds has developed since the Yuin line came out, and now there are cheaper alternatives.

Those JVC's are those Gummy headphones you see for $10 at Wal-Mart. Are you serious that the $10 is the same with the $79 PK2?

May 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #13 of 14
That's what the OP in that thread says, and he's a pretty knowledgeable phone person based on his comments (and his collection of other in-ear phones). So guess what? I just had to try a pair for $10 and see if they compare to the Yuin OK3s I have on hand (the latest Yuin lineup). For $10, hard to make a mistake. A Starbucks latte is half the price, right? The PK3s are great phones, but at $50, a bit expensive. Same with PK2s art $79. I guess since I got the former for $25 and the latter for $50 (through Head-Fi group buys), I found them worth it.

May 20, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #14 of 14
FWIW...

Bought PK2's.
Great mids, highs -- where's the bass?
frown.gif

Exchanged PK2's for PK3's (Thanks Fang).
Great mids, highs AND bass!
biggrin.gif

Great match with iAudio U3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back