Yuin Pk3's still the best bang for the buck?
Mar 29, 2011 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Charlesbian

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market, like so many others, for budget head/ear/IEMs. Based on what I've read here, I'm split between the Pk3's, pl30's, and brainwavez's proalpha and m1's. Meeelectronics m6 are also an option, but I dont like the over the ear feature, so maybe m9's instead. I'm curious to know if for a guy who listens to indie pop, rap, and folk on his smartphone, which of these (or other suggestions) is the most recommended? The pk3's seem like a favorite, but a lot of the reviews are pretty old and I'm wondering if anything has changed in the budget lanscape.

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 7
pk3 will make you a big soundstage+lot of naturallness+lot of details= they sounds like big friends like Grado sr60/80, really good with iPod 5,5/Touchs all generations.
But they are screaming around you.

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 7
PK3's are a gateway drug like the Alessandro MS1's/MS1i's.

l give them to close friends and several co-workers already bought them.

Since I sold my PK1 to a co-worker (who had a daughter decide to chomp on his PK3)...I will probably get another pair of PK3 later.

But, I have always wanted to do my own Sennheiser MX580 vs. PK3 shoot-out.  Not a huge outlay and you can resell the pair that you don't prefer.

Can even post a "WTB" (Want to buy) here for PK3 and MX580.  

(Hmmm, never got any complaints or had any cops showing up at my cubicle because my neighbor wanted me to turn my PK3's down...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back