YUIN PK3?
Apr 17, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont know if its better but its definitely in the same league

Ooh, you've got my attention now. I look forwards to seeing a more thorough review!

If only they didn't have j-cords... ughh.

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only they didn't have j-cords... ughh.

I hate j-cords too. I guess I'll pass on this model and go to the PK2 with the y-cord! I am starting to hate my KSC35's for on the go listening.

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate j-cords too. I guess I'll pass on this model and go to the PK2 with the y-cord! I am starting to hate my KSC35's for on the go listening.

from my limited use (a couple of times at the nyc meet and a couple of times at the Columbia U meet) of the PK-2s. The Pk-3s are much less detailed and have a smaller soundstage but the PK-3s are half the price.

and if you dont want the ksc35s, you know where to send it to! (ME)

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by swissporky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why does everybody hate J-Cords? I thought that they were handy, I can wear them around my neck when I have to take them out for a moment. o.o;

Well, for one, I think they look pretty goofy with a big wire dangling around the back of your neck. I think y-cords are a little cleaner looking. And I also can't stand having that wire rubbing against the back of my neck. It bothers me to no end.

And yet... I just have such a hard time resisting a deal, and I've really been wanting to try something from Yuin...

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #38 of 40
OK, I feel like I spent enough time with the phones to get a good feel for them.

Compared to the KSC75, the PK-3s are slower (lacking PRAT only when compared to ksc75s and grados), equally detailed, has less but better more controlled bass, more balanced and has smaller soundstage. For me, the KSC75 is still the better phone, but that didnt surprise me, just because of the size difference of the drivers. The thing that did surprised me was that I never felt that the PK-3s were lacking in anything. Usually when I try cheaper phones, I can automatically tell what I was missing but with the PK-3 I didnt feel like anything was gone (except detail and slam, both of which are really easy to tell).

For me, the PK-3 is a keeper. A cheap phone that doesnt make me look like an elephant (ksc75s) and has decent SQ compared to the competition.

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I feel like I spent enough time with the phones to get a good feel for them.

Compared to the KSC75, the PK-3s are slower (lacking PRAT only when compared to ksc75s and grados), equally detailed, has less but better more controlled bass, more balanced and has smaller soundstage. For me, the KSC75 is still the better phone, but that didnt surprise me, just because of the size difference of the drivers. The thing that did surprised me was that I never felt that the PK-3s were lacking in anything. Usually when I try cheaper phones, I can automatically tell what I was missing but with the PK-3 I didnt feel like anything was gone (except detail and slam, both of which are really easy to tell).

For me, the PK-3 is a keeper. A cheap phone that doesnt make me look like an elephant (ksc75s) and has decent SQ compared to the competition.

did u use an amp or using them unamped?

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did u use an amp or using them unamped?

used them both unamped and amped with my supermacro. Amped was much much better, but so was the ksc75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back