Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #736 of 779
I just reterminated 2 pairs of pk3s and I'm rediscovering how fun they sound but I'm also rediscovering how uncomfortable they are for my ears.

Just seconds after puting them on they burn my ears.

I can wear them without the foams but they don't sound as good.

Does anyone know if there are some more comfortable foamies out there?

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #737 of 779
up!
I ordered a set of PK3 from Bargainonline (ebay) to compare them with my Paa-1 pro & Senn MX985.
I received them quickly and I have to say I like them a lot!
Very confortable (tiny), very nice sounding (mid-centric). I still have a to perform a real comparison but I think I prefer them to the HSA while they are cheaper.

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #738 of 779
  up!
I ordered a set of PK3 from Bargainonline (ebay) to compare them with my Paa-1 pro & Senn MX985.
I received them quickly and I have to say I like them a lot!
Very confortable (tiny), very nice sounding (mid-centric). I still have a to perform a real comparison but I think I prefer them to the HSA while they are cheaper.

What is the most comfortable one? I want very high SQ but not at the cost of not perfect comfortability. I ve heard the MX985 are too heavy due metal and the guy above you said the PK3 are uncomfortable.

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #740 of 779
Ok I think I readed your comment the wrong way.

OK, where can I buy them if im europe based? im scared of chinese fakes. Also, I want them to be the latest PK3 batch, I heard there is an old batch that is different.

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #742 of 779
I cant find that shop on ebay can you link me?
Ive seen then in head-direct, what will take less time to arrive? im in france

Oh, and im worried about getting the old version. Like I said, there was an old patch that came with L cable and not Y cable and I think something else was different, so I want the most updated version.

Oct 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #743 of 779
I cant wait to buy them
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #747 of 779
ok so i finally got them, really, really good bass, punchy kicks, decent soundstage, a bit on the dark side, smooth one would say. Really good stuff for the price, very comfortable, using donuts foams at the moment. I wish they were a bit more crisp, as in bright, but can't have everything. Lets see if they improve with burn in. Now I need to get super silent pc fans to make up for the lack of isolation.

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #748 of 779
Ok. I am compelled to post in here again because frankly this is just getting out of control.

I read all over Head-Fi that the Yuin PK3s are easily the best earbuds in their price range. Sound-wise, this is an indisputable fact. They beat the hell out of every other earbuds I have ever heard - particularly the Apple ones - including the comparable Sennheiser models which I A/Bd with my Yuins in a store. Love the warm sound.

But.

I have had no less than seven pairs of them break on me in the past three years. The longest any single pair has lasted me is about 6 months. Whether the cable near the plug begins playing up, or one of the buds loses its bass, or loses all sound altogether, they just DON'T LAST. After the first few pairs broke, I looked into some of the DIY ones on eBay. Some of them look beastly: huge, thick cables, heavy, solid metal plugs, etc. So I tried them. They broke too. 

Given that the sound has been uniformly excellent on every pair of PK3s that I have owned, I don't think any of them were fakes. The DIY ones sounded 99% the same to me. 

I kept replacing the PK3s because I figured, well what's another $30, it's still better than paying $200 for something that will probably require an amp anyway. Besides, I thought, if they only break once or twice, it's no big deal. But now, I have spent hundreds of dollars just replacing these $30 buds. If I had known, I would have dropped all that money in one hit on something INCREDIBLE, not to mention, more sturdy. 

Having the track record with Yuins that I do, I never ever EVER EVARRR stuff them in my pocket. Whenever they are not being used, they get neatly (but not too tightly) rolled up and go into a sturdy, flat case. In other words, I take immaculate care of every pair of Yuins that pass through my mailbox, and yet they all invariably fail on me.

Surely there must be SOMETHING else around this price range besides the MX 580. Please help me.

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #749 of 779
I love these earbuds to death. I know they're a chinese brand and may sound suspicious because china is known to produce a lot of fakes, these earbuds kick ass. I got mine for $40 on amazon and have been using these eversince I got them. My pair is 9 months old and I have no problems with it, except that the cord is ripped, but there's no problem. Also I'd like to bass to be a bit better, other than that they're perfect

Nov 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #750 of 779
They sound awesome with a FiiO E3. I misplaced/lost my PK2 so I replaced them with the PK3, no regrets. I have a pair of Polk Audio ear buds coming to review from Amazon that retail for $99 and it will be interesting to compare the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back