Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Dec 5, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #376 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by GooNiEGooGoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just about to go to Norms restaurant, when I noticed that my pk1s were missing. Being hungry like a wolf, I went to go eat and look for them later at the house. When I got back, I couldn't find them anywhere inside the house, so I looked outside and searched the area where I parked my car and found this...

brokenpk2.jpg

brokenpk1.jpg

Man...man...this sux, but then I put it on and it seems the drivers weren't harmed at all. They were producing the same quality output as before, except the punchiness of the bass was slightly decreased. Still, the broken plastic will keep me from using it because I might accidentally yank the wire or do something dumb to break it even further. Bah, first my ksc35 (bass just suddenly stopped working), and now my pk1. There's a curse going around. Maybe it was because I posted it up my cx300 and e888 for sale and also because I was thinking of getting a pk3 just for the hell of it. This suxorz. Maybe I should sell my Go-Vibe6 now....

Damn that sucks...
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #378 of 1,068
I am considering getting one of the two, any suggestions. Right now looking at PK2, so I can at least use unamped, but if the sound is really that much better to the PK1s, might consider them as well.

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #379 of 1,068
obentou -

Sorry to see what happened to your PK1's. You might want to try putting some non-conductive epoxy on them. That should help hold everything together and you might get a little more life out of them.

Dec 7, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #383 of 1,068
Rofl.

Apparently my tracking # from head-direct shows that the electronic label was printed... but no progress for a week. Surely something has to be up, or is this the case with all their shipments? I'd really like to receive them mid-next week, since I ordered them on the 2nd.

Dec 8, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #386 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ hmmm, im living the life of a broke student, too many temptations!

But you'll actually save money in the long run because you'll always be wondering what you missed out on.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Buy the PK1 now and get the amp later. I've had the PK1 since Oct and I still don't have an amp yet. But I know I'll appreciate it more since I'll know how much of a difference there really is with the amp.

And yes, I am also a broke student and the temptations are plentiful.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #387 of 1,068
PK2 was the biggest disapointment of my life.

I don't see how its listenable, with the lack of bass.

Dec 8, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #388 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am considering getting one of the two, any suggestions. Right now looking at PK2, so I can at least use unamped, but if the sound is really that much better to the PK1s, might consider them as well.

I can't comment on the PK2 since I haven't heard them, but you seem to have enough phones that can be driven without an amp (KSC75, UM1, SuperFis...).
You also have a Tomahawk, so adding a PK1 might make more sense. Use the KSC75 when you want more mobility, and the PK1s when the situation allows for an amp.
I bought my PK1 used (keep an eye on the FS forum), and it pairs very well with my Mini^3.

Dec 8, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #389 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PK2 was the biggest disapointment of my life.

I don't see how its listenable, with the lack of bass.

I've found the bass to be pretty satisfying, and is made up for by the large soundstage and detail.

Dec 8, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #390 of 1,068
Well, I'll give all the foams a try when my PK2 arrives, and give an appropriate review. Hopefully bass isn't too lacking.

Even if it is, hopefully a combo of foams will somewhat solve the problem, along with my iPod Nano's EQ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back