Yuin OK1’s, review and comparisons – Vs. Triple.Fi 10 Pro’s
Nov 28, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #16 of 45
I guess nobody liked the review
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #18 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice job, makes me proud. Don't you ever sell that Viper!
biggrin.gif

Ha ha
biggrin.gif
Sure Larry, I am loving it
wink.gif

I can't wait to try those new opamp combinations you recommended to me
smily_headphones1.gif

This Viper sure is great... is that because it was yours?
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha ha
biggrin.gif
Sure Larry, I am loving it
wink.gif

I can't wait to try those new opamp combinations you recommended to me
smily_headphones1.gif

This Viper sure is great... is that because it was yours?
biggrin.gif

Sure.
biggrin.gif
As far as I can tell, I was the first and only person to post about using the particular opamp combo in my old/now your Viper, which I think is exceedingly transparent and neutral (and close to the Pico and D3Python).

Nov 28, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #20 of 45
Quote:

Sure.
biggrin.gif
As far as I can tell, I was the first and only person to post about using the particular opamp combo in my old/now yours Viper, which I think is exceedingly transparent and neutral (and close to the Pico and D3Python).

That means that you found a great combination of opamps Larry!
wink.gif

By the way, it makes me really happy to make you proud Larry
biggrin.gif
Thanks for congratulating me!
smily_headphones1.gif
But it's all thanks to you
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #21 of 45
Lately I have been using only the OK1's; they are great, sound is getting better as time passes by. Soundstage and positioning got better. It's nice to have them since I won't be able to use the Triple.Fi's anymore
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lately I have been using only the OK1's; they are great, sound is getting better as time passes by. Soundstage and positioning got better. It's nice to have them since I won't be able to use the Triple.Fi's anymore
frown.gif

I too have found other earphones/headphones that I like better than the Triple.fi - makes me want to try some Yuin, but I could never decide between PK1 and OK1. It would be nice to have something portable that doesn't go INSIDE the ear, other than my KSC35 and KSC75. When used as just an earbud without an ear canal adapter, would the PK1 beat the OK1? Anyone?

Nov 29, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #23 of 45
Quote:

I too have found other earphones/headphones that I like better than the Triple.fi - makes me want to try some Yuin, but I could never decide between PK1 and OK1. It would be nice to have something portable that doesn't go INSIDE the ear, other than my KSC35 and KSC75. When used as just an earbud without an ear canal adapter, would the PK1 beat the OK1? Anyone?

Hi Larry, I never use the OK1's as ear canal phones; I only use them as earbuds. The IEM mode is not, IMO, really good. In fact, I could never get a good seal.
I really like the sound of the OK1's, but I don't remember how would the PK1's compare to them. I tried them like 3 months ago, but my memory is not really good.
From what I've heard, the PK1's have a bigger soundstage, but with a less defined imaging... I really want to try them again
frown.gif

As for Clip On's, HiFlight told me that the Yuin G1's have a remarkably good sound. Even wider soundstage than that of the OK1/PK1's. I would like to confirm that, but I can't. However, I will be trying the G2's soon. I hope.
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #24 of 45
I have noticed a good improvement in sound quality by simply using foams, it's a rather simple mod, but it gives a subtle but a bit noticeable improvement to the OK1's sound quality.
I added a new small section to the review, where I do some amping with "The Predator"
biggrin.gif
It's a great sounding amp... I think

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #25 of 45
It's funny that you don't appreciate what you have till you lose it (or at least compare it to something
wink.gif
). The opamp combo that HeadphoneAddict gave me for the D2 Viper first is truly a great sounding one. Soundstage is a bit wider, and it's warm and nice, bass has a little bit less impatc, but is still great. However, if it weren't for the big battery drain, I would keep always the "Predator" combo.
I really want to compare the OK1's to other headphones!! At least that way I can try new cans... for example, the only full sized one I've ever tried are the Grado SR-80's... that's a bit sad
frown.gif
I really want to compare to the PK1's too
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #26 of 45
Nice report on the rolled opamps. I think the original opamps I sent you sound more like the Pico but not exactly, and the new opamps you got from HiFlight are very close to the Predator but not exactly the same. I think I reported my findings on the "Predator Clone" opamps elsewhere that you could search for to see exactly what the differences were vs the real Predator.

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #27 of 45
Quote:

Nice report on the rolled opamps. I think the original opamps I sent you sound more like the Pico but not exactly, and the new opamps you got from HiFlight are very close to the Predator but not exactly the same. I think I reported my findings on the "Predator Clone" opamps elsewhere that you could search for to see exactly what the differences were vs the real Predator.

Thank you Larry. Opamp rolling is fun, and seeing how the sound is altered, it left me wondering how good can the real thing be. I suppose that the real Predator and Pico should be very good just by hearing a close match to them. I hope to try them someday!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #28 of 45
I had PK1 for some months before. I upgraded to OK1 thinking canal phone option would work for me. I tried several tips including Comply T400. I think it cannot give a good seal for design flaws. They should have developed an angled tube like in MDR-EX90LP.

I bought a new pair of TF10 for amazingly low price. (though I did not have money to buy this month! Credit crunch) I couldn't let it go. I will compare both and post here. Obviously TF10 has better sub-bass compared to ear bud OK1. But mids OK1 wins! Sound-stage goes to OK1 being an open earphone.
Details later.

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had PK1 for some months before. I upgraded to OK1 thinking canal phone option would work for me. I tried several tips including Comply T400. I think it cannot give a good seal for design flaws. They should have developed an angled tube like in MDR-EX90LP.

I bought a new pair of TF10 for amazingly low price. (though I did not have money to buy this month! Credit crunch) I couldn't let it go. I will compare both and post here. Obviously TF10 has better sub-bass compared to ear bud OK1. But mids OK1 wins! Sound-stage goes to OK1 being an open earphone.
Details later.

Yep, the design is not really good. I was never able to get a good seal. In th end I prefered the OK1's over the Triple.Fi's, but it's a matter of taste, altough the comparison is not really that fair since the Triple.Fi's are IEM's, and the OK1's are earbuds
biggrin.gif

I hope to see your comments soon, it will be nice to see other people impressions. Thank you!

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #30 of 45
I think I was one of the only people who had a good experience with the canal mode. But from what I read on the forums, everyone hates them in canal mode and just uses them in earbud mode. I actually never use them in canal mode since I have the Klipsch X10 which are just too comfortable and only use the Yuin OK1s for when I don't want isolation nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back