You've got mail
Apr 26, 2004 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

gpalmer

We are the weird ones.
Anyone else getting hit by a stream of old PM notifications? I have a feeling Neil and Jude have mail working again!
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 20
Like I keep saying, be careful what you wish for.
lambda.gif

It's good to have the notifications back, even if it does mean a couple of mass deletions in my mailbox.

Have we lost Amazon.com as a sponsor, or has their link just not been restored as yet?

BW

Apr 26, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
....Have we lost Amazon.com as a sponsor, or has their link just not been restored as yet?

Amazon.com was never a sponsor. Head-Fi is a part of the Amazon Associates program, and I will put the link back up at the top later, because it actually does generate a little bit of dough.

Apr 26, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
We're doing the best we can over here. We're deluged with to-do's, Head-Fi and infinitely more non-Head-Fi.

The most important thing, with regard to the e-mail function, is that it's working now. If you're getting unnecessary e-mails, delete them.

If this is a huge inconvenience, my apologies.

Like I said, if I have to put up with a few emails to get notification working, it's worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 20
Thanks Jude & Neil. My life is complete again.
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #13 of 20
I've also been bombed with emails during the last hour.My freemail account allows only 500 mails in storage.
tongue.gif

My spam detection system has automatically decided that"Head-Fi (Headphone Hi-Fi) Mailer" <jude@head-fi.org>" is a spammer.
This is the sweetest spam ever.
icon10.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #14 of 20
No problem Jude. I just got 495 messages and thought it was hilarious! Man, that's a lot of emails.

Apr 27, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #15 of 20
It was as if someone had opened the floodgates. I was begining to wonder when all these new messages was going to stop streaming in. Thanks Neil and Jude for restoring the email notices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back