yourmusic.com
Feb 9, 2007 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

vcoheda

High-End Forum Volunteer
can you just join, buy all the CDs you want, and then quit, so you don't have to deal with the whole queuing thing?

Feb 9, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you just join, buy all the CDs you want, and then quit, so you don't have to deal with the whole queuing thing?

I dont think thats the idea but the way it reads I dont see why not. I think they wait for your first qued sond before your delivery so I think you would have to get one in the que and after you recieve all your cds quit the program.

I like looking forward to a new cd every month because usually I forget about it and it surprizes me.

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 13
You could but would probably be better off joining BMG (they are the same company). BMG gives you 12 cds for the price of one- averages to about 5 bucks a piece after shipping. BMG also runs deals all the time (Buy one get the rest for $1.99 plus shipping etc) which average out to about the same or a little less than Yourmusic. Neither have that great of a catalog, but I have noticed BMG has a few things that Yourmusic does not.

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 13
Why quit? They have a pretty good selection. With no tax and free shipping it's not a bad deal having a CD sent to you each month. I haven't run out of stuff to buy from them in over two years.

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilGnome6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why quit? They have a pretty good selection. With no tax and free shipping it's not a bad deal having a CD sent to you each month. I haven't run out of stuff to buy from them in over two years.

My que is full and I buy a few extra here and there!

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

I hate these gimmicky promotions/requirements of purchase. I looked around the site and only saw about 10-15 CDs that I wanted. Plus, if I forget to queue a CD, I get charged anyway. I've done BMG in the past. Maybe I will check that out again. Just have to buy one at full price to get the free ones, plus shipping, of course. Just trying to expand my CD collection a little.

Thanks for the responses.

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 13
Just que up 12 cd's and your done for the year. You can also change up the order any time. I just filled mine up and change my selection depending on what I want most for my next selection.

Really not a hassle like the old clubs of the past!

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #8 of 13
Yourmusic.com is wonderful. It's very easy to cancel, but as others have said it's not even worth canceling. If you can't find any more CDs that you want then you just don't love music enough and should broaden your horizons. Haha.
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

With no tax and free shipping it's not a bad deal having a CD sent to you each month.

You must live in Oregon or somewhere where there's no sales tax.

I love yourmusic.com, and despite being a member of BMG as well, I basically order from yourmusic.com exclusively.

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love yourmusic.com, and despite being a member of BMG as well, I basically order from yourmusic.com exclusively.

You have to pay tax on yourmusic.com purchases soundboy? That really sucks.

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope. I'm in Arizona. I just double-checked my last order and there was no tax and no shipping charge.

-Mike...

Feb 9, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #12 of 13
Went with BMG. They still have the 1 for 15 deal (7 free + buy 1 + 7 more free). Of course shipping is 2.79 per CD, but still very cheap. So 15 x 2.79 + 19 for CD you have to buy = 60.85/15 = $4.06 per CD. Plus more music for my ZEN.
280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back