Yourmusic.com going to 6.99
Dec 1, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read an article somewhere. It says the price from yourmusic is close to bmg at $5.99 each disc. If BMG is okay with this price, I do not see why yourmusic wants to increase the price. If I cancel my membership I will go to BMG.

It's the same company. BMG = Yourmusic.com

Dec 2, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #17 of 27
And I just registered a couple of weeks ago
frown.gif
Still good, esp. with free shipping, but a bummer nevertheless.

Dec 2, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #18 of 27
I think they are very smart business people. And I don't feel that they have deceived me in any way. I have found that I *like* getting a CD automatically in the mail every month and the price is so low that my wallet doesn't notice too much, so if it goes up $1, so what? This is much different than increasing the prices on Amazon or in a store by $1 to me.

Dec 2, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #19 of 27
Yeah, it does stink that it went up a dollar but $7 is still the cheapest price for most of the discs new like others have said.

I'll keep my subscription because I have alot of discs in my queue. And to buy all those at $14 a piece would be, well, twice as much.
plainface.gif

Dec 2, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #20 of 27
Did anyone else besides the OP get the email? I know I didn't. The only email I got the other day was about giving a gift subscription which I would think would have mentioned the increase since the gift would basically take effect in the New Year.

Dec 2, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone else besides the OP get the email? I know I didn't. The only email I got the other day was about giving a gift subscription which I would think would have mentioned the increase since the gift would basically take effect in the New Year.

Yah, I got my email today.

In the end, it's only a dollar. A CD still costs less than having lunch out once a month, so I make a sandwich a couple of times a month to justify my membership!

Dec 2, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #22 of 27
I didn't get the email either, ofcourse I rarely ever get a Queue Shipment Confirm email from them half the time either, which is another issue I have with them.

Dec 2, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't that exactly what you would expect them to do?

For a whole month they said my number one CD was in stock, then on the day of purchase that cd is preparing for shipment. I think all is good and purchase 2 CDs via the cart in addition. One of the CDs is second in my queue, which I didn't realize. Now if my first choice is being prepared for shipment, then I shouldn't worry about what is next in my queue as my monthly choice usually varies up until the day of purchase.

Am I the only one that thinks is this BS? They could at least reply to my email complaints. I'm going to do a Return to Sender and request my money back. Then I'll exclusively deal with BMG (yeah I know it's the same company
rolleyes.gif
)

Dec 2, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #25 of 27
Capitalism... considering who is running the site I think they've been rather generous. At least they don't insert rootkits into their cds anymore. And yes at $7 it is still a good deal for most of what's on my queue. What's not will go.

If they raise it anymore it might start to be hard to compete with other sites though...

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #26 of 27
First their shipping gets really slow (taking 3 or four days to "ship" a CD then it taking two weeks after that for the CD to arrive) and they stop sending shipment confirmations, and now this? They must be kidding me, it isn't worth the hassle any more.

former yourmusic.com customer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back