Your top three audio related purchases 2015
Dec 10, 2015 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

god-bluff

Headphoneus Supremus
Mine are:

1. Focal Spirit Classic Headphones

1. TEAC HA P50 portable headphone amp/ DAC

1. Arcam miniBlink Bluetooth DAC

Close behind Jays v-Jays portable headphones (cheating I know but got to mention!)

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 26
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Cavalli Liquid Carbon Amp

Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC/Amp.

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 26
1. Koss KTXPRO1 (Wins the top spot for sheer excitement!)
2. STAX SR-207 (Extremely accurate—more so than high-end non-electrostats, in my opinion.)
3. Yamaha HPH-MT220 (My favorite closed headphone. Great balance between accuracy and excitement.)

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 26
Beyerdynamic DT-250
Schiit Modi
Decware CSP2+

Selling two out of the three this week, oops 
tongue_smile.gif
 I'm keeping the Beyers, though.

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #10 of 26
In no particular order:
Aune X1s - not even here yet but bought it just before new years
Topping TP-60 speaker amp 
Audeze LCD-2 - ordered 03/01/16 but close enough, made the decision in 2015 just had to wait for funds

Having in mind the only other audio purchases 2015 have been materials for making speaker cables, some CDs, some boring cheap optical cables and a pair of HD201s, this is my list. If i am not allowed to use the LCD-2s as #3 because 2016, the velour earpads i got for those 201s are #3.

Also worth pointing out this is possibly one of the biggest upgrades done by a head-fier ever - Kenwood KRF-V5030D 17 year old 5.1 receiver via digital with a dicky headphone socket and said hd201s to the above. Hope it all goes together well, as this upgrade is planned to be in until it dies or another ~20 years - it'll be that long before i can afford another

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #11 of 26
Top audio purchases of 2015?

- large python skinned san xian lute.  Now I've got to learn to play the dam thing! 

- Grayzna Bacewicz - Complete string quartets by Amar Corde (finally!)  Incredible female composer whom I've loved ever since the Warsaw Piano Quintet and the Wilanow Quartet released her more famous quartets  IV & VII. 

- Ray Samuels Blackbird SR71B head amp  (just made it before the end of the year)

:)

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #12 of 26
Post deleted

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #15 of 26
UPDATE This year

1. Sony XDR-P1 portable DAB/FM radio- Jewel like device; beautifully designed and great sound. Old-skool Sony quality. £45

1. Sony SBH60- Very suprisingly good cheap, comfortable and really nice sounding bluetooth phones. £25

1. Chord Mojo- Incredible with certain headphones and music but worth £400? no don't be silly!

Repurchases; all brilliant and here to stay this time

1. Sony NWZ A15 Walkman superb. Don't miss the Mojo too much; match with sensitive phones for audio bliss. £97

1. beyerdynamic))) DT440 (3rd pair !) I keep coming back to these. Uniquely speaker like airy sound. Really nicely balanced and sound great out of anything. £65

1. Yamaha HPH200 Enjoy much more second time around. Warmer alternative to above. Lovely natural tonality & ultra comfortable once worn in. £60

Not so good:
Sony MDR100aap; pretty underwhelming so far. Warm and bassy and a little dull. Typical modern consumer headphone ? Look nice
AKG Y45BT: very un-natural sound not a patch on the SBH60 despite aptX 'advantage'. 

Mine are:

1. Focal Spirit Classic Headphones

1. TEAC HA P50 portable headphone amp/ DAC

1. Arcam miniBlink Bluetooth DAC

Close behind Jays v-Jays portable headphones (cheating I know but got to mention!)

From last year only the miniBlink remains & doesn't get a lot of use !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back