your most "used " album
Sep 13, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #17 of 45
I've worn out a couple CD's. When I was younger it was Switchfoot's first album, Legend Of Chin. I still like it...

In high school it was Jimmy Eat World- Clarity. I still love it.

Now it's probably going to be my Tom Petty Anthology. I can't get enough of it.

I've also worn out a few copies of Pet Sounds, but I'm not sure if that was ever my most "used" album.

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Counting Crows - August and Everything After

That's one I almost wore out too.

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #20 of 45
Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

I adore the album and nothing comes close for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #21 of 45
Philip Glass - "Glassworks"
I played a piano time ago, so especially the beginning of this album is fantastic as are all compositions...
Also like often: Keith Jarrett`s "The koln Koncert" for the perfect synergy of classic and jazz mood, good improvisation!

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Philip Glass - "Glassworks"
I played a piano time ago, so especially the beginning of this album is fantastic as are all compositions...
Also like often: Keith Jarrett`s "The koln Koncert" for the perfect synergy of classic and jazz mood, good improvisation!

Those are both great and reminded me of another CD that I wore out. Chick Corea's Children's Songs.

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #23 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonolithTMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are both great and reminded me of another CD that I wore out. Chick Corea's Children's Songs.

Children's Songs is indeed a great album. There were some transcriptions of the tracks on an album by the Apollo Saxophone Quartet that worked very well. Corea's Lyric Suite for Sextet and (especially) his Septet album (both on ECM) are also very good examples of his work on the edge of classical music.

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #24 of 45
CDs that I've had to purchase over 3 times:

EVERY Beatles CD.....and I own 5 copies of abbey road
Steely Dan - Aja......I own 7 copies
Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert......I own 3 copies of that, one is autographed
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue.....3 copies of that
Pet Sounds........3 copies

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #25 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CDs that I've had to purchase over 3 times:

EVERY Beatles CD.....and I own 5 copies of abbey road
Steely Dan - Aja......I own 7 copies
Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert......I own 3 copies of that, one is autographed
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue.....3 copies of that
Pet Sounds........3 copies

Ok, I've played some CDs thousands of times and I've never had to replace one. What happened to yours?

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #27 of 45
Album: Live and Loud
Artist: Ozzy Osbourne

Story: I just started getting into rock, and Ozzy was my gateway drug. This was my second album of his that I bought. When I first heard it, I was immediately hooked by the energy, the frantic playing of guitarist Zakk Wylde, and the great memorable solos and riffs. I must have listened to it at least twice a day for an entire summer.
I do not listen to it as much as I did when I first got it, but along the way, I managed to pick up a total of FIVE copies (three limited edition 1st releases and two remasters). I now listen to bands like Opeth, Virgin Black, and the like much more often, but they have some SERIOUS catching up to do in the overall spins department.

Runner up is Opeth's "My Arms, Your Hearse".

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of my editions are 25 years old

There was a blizzard one year where all my beatles cds got messed up (the Liner notes) so I went out an bought them all again......

Ahh that makes sense. My oldest CD is less than 20 years old. It came out in 1989.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #29 of 45
I have had tape, 2 records, three cd's, Pulse laserdisc and SACD of Dark Side of the Moon.

Runners up:
Pink Floyd-Animals
The Beatles-Abbey Road
The Moody Blues-In Search of a Lost Chord
Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here
Genesis-Selling England By the Pound

I guess I have a taste for British Rock.

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #30 of 45
AC/DC - Live

Users who are viewing this thread

Back