Your most moronic audio purchase
Apr 15, 2003 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

finleyville

100+ Head-Fier
That's right!

I want to know your dumbest audio related purchase. The buy right now that you look back upon saying, "What was I thinking!!" It could be a CD/tape/8 track/album, audio hardware, or audio accessory.

To start things off [can't believe I'm admitting this] years ago when the CD was still new, I bought that "special" green paint marker! Supposedly, when applied to the outer edge and the now non-existent inner groove of the CD, it suppressed the scattering of the red laser beam resulting in a higher quality signal and playback.

I know, I know. I was a tool...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 15, 2003 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 60
Seeings as I'm discussing them a lot today, dare I say... Grado SR60???
evil_smiley.gif
for portable use of course.

Great entry level home phones but completely useless on the move.

(I've probably forfeited the ability to attend a Grado Labs Head-Fi meet for ever, haven't I?
very_evil_smiley.gif
Don't worry, I will eventually get around to buying an RS series... Then we'll see if my opinions change
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 15, 2003 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 60
Vanilla Ice (CD) and Milli Vanilli (tape) <hides his head in shame>

There's a company that sells that green pen as a spray out here, they sell it at Tower Records. I would test it before buying it though.

The only stupid accessory I ever bought was a CD scratch remover, completely useless.

Apr 15, 2003 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 60
If we're describing musical heresies I'm positive I spotted an M.C. Hammer CD somewhere in my house a few weeks ago. And I am sure a Sheena Easton cassette doth somethere in my abode lurketh.
Also I'm not sure why I'm damning myself further, but I am fairly certain I have a Top Gun Soundtrack LP.

But I'm standing by my Janet Jackson: Control LP
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2003 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
I spotted an M.C. Hammer CD somewhere in my house a few weeks ago.

haha, I would love to have that!

(your avatar always reminds me of boba/jango fett.. weird)

Apr 15, 2003 at 8:43 PM Post #6 of 60
A pair of HUGE JBL speakers that were designed along the lines of a "coffin" and came complete with smoked glass tops.

It was 1981 and these monoliths were £900........... great for blowing windows out of their frames but sounded crap.

Pinkie.

Apr 15, 2003 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
A pair of HUGE JBL speakers that were designed along the lines of a "coffin" and came complete with smoked glass tops.

It was 1981 and these monoliths were £900........... great for blowing windows out of their frames but sounded crap.

Pinkie.

You too?? Hahahahahaha!!!!

Apr 15, 2003 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 60
Quote:

If we're describing musical heresies I'm positive I spotted an M.C. Hammer CD somewhere in my house a few weeks ago. And I am sure a Sheena Easton cassette doth somethere in my abode lurketh.
Also I'm not sure why I'm damning myself further, but I am fairly certain I have a Top Gun Soundtrack LP.

But I'm standing by my Janet Jackson: Control LP
biggrin.gif

I've got a really strange CD single by somebody called "le tour" entitled "people are still having sex" It's an extremely crap track both lyrically and musically but I must have bought it somewhere along the line unless somebody "planted" it in my collection. It has a drum and a bloke singing "people p-p-p-p-p-p-p-people are still having sex" along the lines of Paul Hardcastles "n-n-n-n-nineteen" ****in' awful!

I also have "grandma's party" by Paul Nicholas and "Billy don't be a hero" by paper lace but I've grown to love those wonderful recordings
biggrin.gif

Anybody know where I can get a 12" extended mix of "chirpy chirpy cheep cheep" by Middle of the road? Those cats rocked
eek.gif

Pinkie.

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:56 PM Post #11 of 60
Years ago, I traded "up" a Pioneer CTF-900 cassette deck (easily the finest one I'd ever owned) for a Kyocera deck. That Kyocera was a real POS by comparison. I'm still kicking myself 20 years later.

Apr 15, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #13 of 60
Quote:

Lady and Gentlemen...

I have FOUND the CD.

M.C. Hammer, Please Hammer Don't Hurt Them, in pristine conditon.

I am putting on the W2002.

Wish me luck.

You've got cash!

You wish
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
Portable flat panel speakers.

B000087H9W.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mine are a really cool see through blue colour. With genuine imatation surround sound.

NXT?

Pinkie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back