Your local electric power company is doing a big experiment today!
Apr 1, 2004 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

robythecat

Head-Fier
Your local electric power company is doing a really big big experiment today.
They supply you with electricity

from 9 to 12 a.m. generated only with wind power.
from 12 to 3 p.m. generated only with nuclear power.
from 3 to 6 p.m. generated only with water power.
from 6 to 9 p.m. generated only with wood power.
from 9 to 12 p.m. generated only with peat power.

Be careful listening to your favourite music. Not every power type is good for all music styles.

Example: The risk of using electricity generated only with wind power is that the electrons might
go bad because of the rotation of the wind turbines and puke into your 5000 USD amplifier when they
arrive your home!

Here in germany it's against our moral conventions to play Joan Baez songs (and similar)
by using electricity generated with nuclear power. She doesn't like that and we respect it,
of course!

Now, it's your turn to take part in this sensational scientific experiment and let us all know your individual experience.

[Our expert knowledge in germany is that peat power is the best one for Blues songs.]

Apr 1, 2004 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 14
k, sorry, but you haven't replied to my last P.M. yet.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 12:56 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by robythecat
Your local electric power company is doing a really big big experiment today.
They supply you with electricity

from 9 to 12 a.m. generated only with wind power.
from 12 to 3 p.m. generated only with nuclear power.
from 3 to 6 p.m. generated only with water power.
from 6 to 9 p.m. generated only with wood power.
from 9 to 12 p.m. generated only with peat power.

Be careful listening to your favourite music. Not every power type is good for all music styles.

Example: The risk of using electricity generated only with wind power is that the electrons might
go bad because of the rotation of the wind turbines and puke into your 5000 USD amplifier when they
arrive your home!

Here in germany it's against our moral conventions to play Joan Baez songs (and similar)
by using electricity generated with nuclear power. She doesn't like that and we respect it,
of course!

Now, it's your turn to take part in this sensational scientific experiment and let us all know your individual experience.

[Our expert knowledge in germany is that peat power is the best one for Blues songs.]

ROFL! good one, I bet RS-1 on wood power yields most details, it seems they left out bio gas though (or is that wind power?), I'd like to hear how sennheiser 650 performs on it
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:05 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Spent&Bent
ROFL! good one, I bet RS-1 on wood power yields most details, it seems they left out bio gas though (or is that wind power?), I'd like to hear how sennheiser 650 performs on it
biggrin.gif

Bio Gas comes next year. The Greens suggest it too late for this years experiment. Sorry ...

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:07 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by robythecat
Sorry, but I did! I will send the reply once again but stop PM messages here!

k... be calm brother.
rs1smile.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

biggrin.gif

By the way:
You want details? You will get details - with nuclear power electricity you will hear all the details you dream of!

Amplifier, cables and so on. Okay, all important. But most important for the best sound is the method of POWER generation!

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:29 PM Post #11 of 14
I'm so delirious with joy.

Tonight I will listen to Blues and Smooth Jazz using power generated with peat. The bass will be so endless deep and full. My blood runs hot and cold.

Orpheus, the day has come ... Give me the hottest and longest ear orgasm of my life!

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by AnimeEd
i'm not really sure if this is a joke or not
tongue.gif

do you guys really have that much power capacity to power your cities with only one power source?

Yes, it's a long-term-strategy. Like the Apollo missions, you know?

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:16 PM Post #13 of 14
LOL. I am not ready for the damage that is going to be done to my hearing and love for certain music when they make the switch from Wood to Peat at 9PM. Could ruin my hearing forever. I have a friend of a friend who has a cousin in Minsk who had this very thing happen to their sister's cousin's aunt. Weird coincidence???

Also, looks like someone hit the lottery with that collection in the signature. When is the A/B/C/D/E/F/..../Y/Z comparison review coming out??????

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Bio gas? That's for listening with CD3k's (bio-cellulose membranes).

As far as wood power, it's best for music with lots of woodwinds. Combined with wind power, it's the best of both worlds.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back