Your least favorite songs.
Jan 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #16 of 53

Quote:
Quote:
Oh dear lord I had to hear this every day.

*terribleness deleted*

It's a given that most pop songs are, well, garbage lyrically.

My "least favorite" (as in, I love the artist/band, but don't really like the song) is probably NMH's Communist Daughter. I absolutely love the rest album, but I can never get myself to like that particular song.

Lol wow I didn't every know she had a Christmas song I think the song I was talking about is Bad Romance. I freaking get tired of that thank god it's off the radio...somewhat.

For some reason I combined the Christmas sentence and the Lady Gaga sentence.

Oh, and the entire Plastic Beach album got annoying after the second listen, whereas Demon Days and Gorillaz (self titled) still get regular listens. The Gorillaz pretty much did a 180 in the wrong direction.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #17 of 53
Haven't heard much Gorillaz stuff I was planning on heading in that direction I now know where not to go 
rolleyes.gif

I'll album or two I hate in a bit.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #18 of 53

Quote:
Haven't heard much Gorillaz stuff I was planning on heading in that direction I now know where not to go 
rolleyes.gif

I'll album or two I hate in a bit.

You may very well like it, but it's pretty different from the rest of the stuff.
Alkaline Trio used to be brilliant, but their commercialized music sucks. It's a shame, since they were local a local band and I liked them quite a bit. DCFC's Narrow Stairs is a disappointment.  Owen Pallet's He Poos Clouds isn't as amazing as people rave about. It's decent, but pretty meh imo. I've never been able to get into the Aquabats despite the fact that I love most other ska.

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #19 of 53
Congrats I'll check them out. 

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #21 of 53

Quote:
I figured with all these threads about everyone's favorite songs and artists, it was time for one of the opposite.

I'm going to have to start with a pet peeve of mine which always seems to show up on the radio. Now, I love Grand Funk Railroad, but I fail to understand what some consider to be a masterpiece, "I'm Your Captain." For those who don't know what song I'm talking about, here's a sample of the lyrics.

I'm getting closer to my hoooooooooommmeeeeee!

Which takes almost four minutes.

And yes, I counted.

A big +1.....I could die happy if I never heard that song ever again!

Added to that, anything that gets played on Pandora/Slacker when my boss selects Pitbull as his artist choice.....what a vile bunch of crap ensues!

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #22 of 53
"I kissed a girl and I liked it"

the fact that this song became popular has something to do with adolescent boys' hormones

popular music these days....

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #23 of 53

Quote:
"I kissed a girl and I liked it"

the fact that this song became popular has something to do with adolescent boys' hormones

popular music these days....

Oh god, at one point when that song was popular it was played every ten minutes on the radio and I had to listen to it at work. It has got to be one of the most obnoxious songs ever recorded.

Damn you rules and regulations against headphones, damn you to hell!

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #25 of 53

Quote:
I really dislike metal when the guitars are screaming and the vocalist is screaming in the mic. Do seriously not understand why this is called music
confused_face_2.gif

blink.gif

with the guitars, at least someone is playing an instrument in stead of using software and a pc to make beats and combine sounds:)

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #26 of 53
More like trashing a perfectly good guitar if you ask me, but different strokes for different folks i guess
basshead.gif

Quote:
Quote:
I really dislike metal when the guitars are screaming and the vocalist is screaming in the mic. Do seriously not understand why this is called music
confused_face_2.gif

blink.gif

with the guitars, at least someone is playing an instrument in stead of using software and a pc to make beats and combine sounds:)

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #28 of 53
Oh god, you're not being serious are you?

Quote:
Quote:
confused_face_2.gif

blink.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #29 of 53

Quote:
Oh god, you're not being serious are you?

Quote:
Quote:
confused_face_2.gif

blink.gif

which one of us do you mean? I'm playing around, but with a pretty damn serious undertone, but offcourse respecting everyone taste, since it's all subjective...

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #30 of 53
I just get tired of people claiming that sampling or using producing software isn't making music. Hell, composers used to sample all the time and create something new using existing melodies as a base for a different structure. I fail to see the added value of playing an instrument over producing software in the creation of music. The tricky part is the creating, not recreating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back